Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I must admit: I don't understand the importance of Apocalypse in this Krakoa utopia.
    Charles Xavier has his followers, the X-men and was, at least in the past, a respected mutant figure.
    Magneto, also, has his followers, always has been a charismatic albeit controversial mutant leader.
    But Apocalypse? Why do the mutants need him for?
    He takes a lot of space in the leadership… he may act in character but the rest are rather passive and let him play with his toys.
    He's the oldest mutant on the council with millenias worth of knowledge about the world and mutantkind. He's skillful and has powerful tech (celestial) that can be useful to them. Also they know what can happen if they dont have him on their side. AoA and Cable's future. Apocalypse would never be a passive civilian living on Krakoa so giving him a seat at the table wasnt a bad idea. It makes sense

I must admit: I don't understand the importance of Apocalypse in this Krakoa utopia.
    Charles Xavier has his followers, the X-men and was, at least in the past, a respected mutant figure.
    Magneto, also, has his followers, always has been a charismatic albeit controversial mutant leader.
    But Apocalypse? Why do the mutants need him for?
    He takes a lot of space in the leadership… he may act in character but the rest are rather passive and let him play with his toys.
    Apocalypse is an extremely powerful mutant living on an island where people define their Identities around having powers.
    On top of that, he is very ancient, millenia-old…
    My guess is he's in an unique position to have his voice carrying weight among the Kraked.
    Another thing is I'm not sure commoners on Krakoa KNOW he's a villain.
    I might be wrong, but except other villains and the X-folks, I Don't think the lambda mutants are aware of who he is, or of how Dangerous his philosophy can be.

That being said, Krakoa isn't a democracy anyway, so even if everyone on the island was up to date with who he is, there's little they could do about it.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Apocalypse is an extremely powerful mutant living on an island where people define their Identities around having powers.
    My guess is he's in an unique position to have his voice carrying weight among the Kraked.
    I might be wrong, but except other villains and the X-folks, I Don't think the lambda mutants are aware of who he is, or of how Dangerous his philosophy can be.

That being said, Krakoa isn't a democracy anyway, so even if everyone on the island was up to date with who he is, there's little they could do about it.
    Errrr most people know how shortsighted applying a broad "philosophy" like survival of the fittest can be when applied to anything but the animal kingdom. You dont have to be a Apocalypse historian
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post

The thing that is strange — and the reason why I can't buy the whole thing — is the absolute certitude that the former villains will behave now and the fact the X-folks don't feel the need to warn the common people about them. Also, that everyone so different to work together in order to achieve the common good… there would be a need for compromises through harsh discussions.
    No, it's running rather smoothly…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The thing that is strange — and the reason why I can't buy the whole thing — is the absolute certitude that the former villains will behave now and the fact the X-folks don't feel the need to warn the common people about them. Also, that everyone so different to work together in order to achieve the common good… there would be a need for compromises through harsh discussions.
    No, it's running rather smoothly…
    If it makes you feel better, i think that the upcoming Hellions is supposed to deal with that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's the oldest mutant on the council with millenias worth of knowledge about the world and mutantkind. He's skillful and has powerful tech (celestial) that can be useful to them. Also they know what can happen if they dont have him on their side. AoA and Cable's future. Apocalypse would never be a passive civilian living on Krakoa so giving him a seat at the table wasnt a bad idea. It makes sense
    The fact that the current status quo or DoX is giving some solid characterization on Apocalypse is actually really good.It's not just about the character itself but his horsemen who were teased on X-Men #2.
    This seems odd for fans to seem him holding authority on certain occasions but it's nothing comparing to what he actually is and it increases its potential for character development with more panel time under a good writer otherwise he jobs inadvertently on most occasions.
    Crucible already teased that x-characters are not happy with him therefore it would not be far that someone goes against him.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-03-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Can you explain this a little better?
    One of the biggest things Night Crawler posits within Issue #7 is that when you harm others, you harm the world, and thus you harm yourself and that the inverse is true. It's taken from a Koan of Buddhism. The fact that it's highlighted doesn't just exist for trivia's sake. It's to bring up the fact that the crucible does not exist as a binary state. These actions taken do not merely impact one person but many. Positively or negatively (No way of really knowing at this moment) but it does give reason to pause at the chosen action.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know what X-books some people are reading but...things are certainly NOT running smoothly on Krakoa.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    One of the biggest things Night Crawler posits within Issue #7 is that when you harm others, you harm the world, and thus you harm yourself and that the inverse is true. It's taken from a Koan of Buddhism. The fact that it's highlighted doesn't just exist for trivia's sake. It's to bring up the fact that the crucible does not exist as a binary state. These actions taken do not merely impact one person but many. Positively or negatively (No way of really knowing at this moment) but it does give reason to pause at the chosen action.
    And how does this affect how you feel about issue #7?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know what X-books some people are reading but...things are certainly NOT running smoothly on Krakoa.
    I mean it's nothing out of the ordinary.

If building a Nation and running it was smooth sailing the Roman Empire would still exist.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    That's the important part of your answer in bold.
    We do not know where the writer is going with this. And note...The violence displayed does suit a positive purpose...to strengthen Melody's resolve to see it through to the end. And as such, can be considered "null" by the act of resurrection thereafter. As with suffering, and pain...even violence has its place and purpose.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I mean it's nothing out of the ordinary.

If building a Nation and running it was smooth sailing the Roman Empire would still exist.
    Roman Empire remained for ages.

Krakoa is not even year one.

Spectacular Member

I think the issue with Crucible, and the resurrections in general, is spelled out in Wolverine's discussion with Beast when he saved Beast from the wild animal back in X-Force 1.

While the mutants that have been on the front lines fighting the anti mutant militias and such, most are just persecuted civilian mutants that have absolutely no experience or training or self survival skills.
    When death is taken off the table, I think complacency sets in. It will be way too easy for most to fall into a false sense of security living on Krakoa.

And... there's only 1 way to be resurrected. Give it a generation or two, then disrupt the resurrection process by eliminating one or more of the 5 -- and Krakoa can easily become another Genosha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Roman Empire remained for ages.

Krakoa is not even year one.
    But the Roman Empire was never with problems is the point.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    But the Roman Empire was never with problems is the point.
    Its modern age comics. Here the status quo is almost stable as liquid mercury. Marvel already teased that X of Swords has already broken DoX.