Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Why should Apoc get a say in anything? We do know policies he advocates involve ritualistic murder and indoctrination.
    Moira's life IX.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Moira's life IX.
    They don't read the book.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, it works. They probably also discuss sex dungeons arrangements and architecture.

She probably has a spot in the Hellfire Club. What would her mutation be?
    I was literally going to say she probably hired StacyX for her Sex Dungeon burlesque show and they hooked up afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Oh. Thank you!

Moira's life IX.
    Her tribulations with Apocalypse are not known by the Kraked, that doesn't play into their perception of him as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "They" do.
    You on the other hand didn't understand the convo, maybe read the comments before making scathing remarks on others ability to read.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member

Moira's life IX.
    What about all the other lives where Apoc's been a disaster? The Crucible is when Apoc's being nice.

Mighty Member

Moira's life IX.
    At this point Moira's past lives mean nothing, nothing that happened in the previous nine lives affects the current tenth life. This is all new territory and most if not all of Moira's accumulated past knowledge has no bearing on what happens going forward. A lot of readers have negative feelings towards Xavier and Magneto because they believe that they are sidelining Moira. As if Moira knows everything that is going to happen in the future, she doesn't. Her future with Wolverine in life VI is not the future of life X, and her relationship with Apocalypse in life IX has no bearing on his activities in the here and now. I don't think he was involved with mutant magic in life IX. Its safe to say Moira is flying blind and just reacting to past lives events. She, Charles and Erik are making it up as they go along, they have no clue how things are going to turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Her tribulations with Apocalypse are not known by the Kraked, that doesn't play into their perception of him as a result.
    Correct but Charles and Erik know and they are trusted, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    At this point Moira's past lives mean nothing, nothing that happened in the previous nine lives affects the current tenth life. This is all new territory and most if not all of Moira's accumulated past knowledge has no bearing on what happens going forward. A lot of readers have negative feelings towards Xavier and Magneto because they believe that they are sidelining Moira. As if Moira knows everything that is going to happen in the future, she doesn't. Her future with Wolverine in life VI is not the future of life X, and her relationship with Apocalypse in life IX has no bearing on his activities in the here and now. I don't think he was involved with mutant magic in life IX. Its safe to say Moira is flying blind and just reacting to past lives events. She, Charles and Erik are making it up as they go along, they have no clue how things are going to turn out.
    Life IX was one of her longest lives which she fully remembers so it has bearing on life X, especially since Krakoa has existed before. I think her past lives are going to play a role in more ways than we know so far.

What about all the other lives where Apoc's been a disaster? The Crucible is when Apoc's being nice.
    Moira's relationship with •-[A]-• led him down the path of defending mutantkind in IX, even sacrificing himself.

Which is why I found it very interesting when another poster, either here or another thread, mentioned that perhaps Moira is in someway guiding •-[A]-•, considering he is suddenly, as you put it, being nice. There's a connection there.
    Last edited by JB; 03-03-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Magneto is their ambassador to the United Nations, they'd know.
    That's probably one of the only villain they know about on this council. He's an exception imo, Sinister, Mystique and thé likes, they aren't known as villains by the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, as for Krakoans, it's either believe in Krakoa or being thrown to the wolves, they probably don't want to dig too deep in the machinery of Krakoa.
    Still, it's rather a small community where rumors should circulate: this trust feels artificial. Especially for people who have been persecuted.
    Mutants are treated like children.
    True.
    It might just be a matter of them having other priorities than understanding the doings on Krakoa.
    Parties ARE the main activity of lambdas on Krakoa it seems, After all.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Edit: You're not supposed to read what the Brotherhood does and say "I want some of that." That's missing the point of the X-men.
    I think it's one of the things that annoys the most in this run: there's no different ideologies.
    Before, you had Xavier and the X-men, Magneto and the Brotherhood, and then other groups popped up: the mutants had the choice. And the reader had the choice to be on a side or another. (Well, it was usually written from the X-men's point of view and they represented the good… Still, there were a lot of discussions about who was right and who was wrong.)

Now, every mutant is in the same group, a broad coalition and so either you are with the them and their dubious leadership and passive crowd or with the 'evil humans who persecute mutants'.

I don't find that very appealing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy1968 View Post
    While that may be true it's because they aren't being written like the characters they are. Don't get me wrong, I love Hickman's work - East of West is one of my favorite comics - and I find the story he is crafting in X-Men interesting but part of being a good writer is writing the characters on model. The current X-Men is a great case study in an author creating an story and forcing the characters into it rather than writing a story that fits the characters. Most of the current behavior of the X-Men is so far away from their traditional portrayal that the current X-Books may as well have been written as happening in an alternate reality.
    You are so right.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy1968 View Post
    While that may be true it's because they aren't being written like the characters they are. Don't get me wrong, I love Hickman's work - East of West is one of my favorite comics - and I find the story he is crafting in X-Men interesting but part of being a good writer is writing the characters on model. The current X-Men is a great case study in an author creating an story and forcing the characters into it rather than writing a story that fits the characters. Most of the current behavior of the X-Men is so far away from their traditional portrayal that the current X-Books may as well have been written as happening in an alternate reality.
    Yes, mmurphy1968 is right. And I find strange that it doesn't unsettle more readers.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Life IX was one of her longest lives which she fully remembers so it has bearing on life X, especially since Krakoa has existed before. I think her past lives are going to play a role in more ways than we know so far.

Moira's relationship with •-[A]-• led him down the path of defending mutantkind in IX, even sacrificing himself.

Which is why I found it very interesting when another poster, either here or another thread, mentioned that perhaps Moira is in someway guiding •-[A]-•, considering he is suddenly, as you put it, being nice. There's a connection there.
    It’s important IMHO that Moira’s relationship with Apocalypse - during which she was much more than another Horseman, she was (judging by the armour and the skin tone) his co-External* and fellow enforcer of the Celestial master plan) - was her most recent attempt to avert the sad future she lived out in Life 6. She put everything she’d learned in Lives 1 to 8 into that campaign, and though it failed she came out of it with the vital information about Nimrod, Krakoa, Chimeras and the need for a United Front that has informed Life X.

It’s also worth pointing out that the conclusion of Life 6 makes it plain that the Machines aren’t mutantkind’s real long-term weakness. It’s genetic engineering married to all the superhuman strains out there that dooms mutants to the status of near forgotten zoo exhibit. I’m half suspecting that Moira’s main realisation isn’t about the need for mutant unity to defeat the Machines, it’s mutant-machine unity to defeat the superhumans. After all, she said it was time to break ALL the rules, didn't she?

And it might all be for nothing anyway. Remember that Life 6 confirmed that the Black Hole dwelling Dominions aren’t affected by Moira’s reset power (which is odd, but canon) and the end of Life 9 saw a sentient Black Hole unleashed right in front of Rasputin, Xorn and Omega Sentinel. They may already know all about Moira’s ability, and now there’s a furtive Technarchy presence on Krakoa.....

I do like Hickman's X-Epic. It’s going places.

* I wonder if she and Apocalypse tried to circumvent her inconvenient vulnerability to dying like a mere human by grafting his External DNA onto hers. It would explain the colouring, and it's exactly the kind of solution Apocalypse would come up with.
    Last edited by Nullviahomo; 03-04-2020 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Yes, mmurphy1968 is right. And I find strange that it doesn't unsettle more readers.
    Characters change and morph all the time. People who say this "oh they are not acting like the characters we know" The first thing I ask in response is what era are you talking about. Very rarely does a character not change if they have been around for decades.