Page 115 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1743

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And although •—[A]—• didn’t consider Aero a “mutant”, she would probably still legally be considered one since it looked like Melody’d been staying in the Akademos Habitat for awhile.
    Yeah, there is a distinction between depowered mutants and humans. Depowered mutants are valuable bc if and when they die, they will eventually be brought back as mutant regardless of if they go through the Crucible

Spectacular Member

Hi Jbenito ,
    Greetings from cold rainy Liverpool , definitely not a paradise !

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Hi Jbenito ,
    Greetings from cold rainy Liverpool , definitely not a paradise !
    Nowt wrong with t’ ‘Pool.
    ‘Cept it ain’t in Cheshire.

Su in Northwich

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There is no law against killing humans. The law is about murder and what Apocalypse did was not murder
    I think you're applying the euthanasia argument distinguishing assisting suicide from murder but that is a murky divide. The fact that mutants can ressurrect makes it moot,but you could argue it is murder because Melodie is human and she will return as mutant.She as a human ceases to exist.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Nowt wrong with t’ ‘Pool.
    ‘Cept it ain’t in Cheshire.

Su in Northwich
    Northwich is beautiful ! I love the church , st Helens I think ?

Northwich is beautiful ! I love the church , st Helens I think ?
    Ooh, I dunno, don’t really do churches, got chucked out of Sunday School at eleven for wanting to be The Morrigan when I grew up, life goals, and all that.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think you're applying the euthanasia argument distinguishing assisting suicide from murder but that is a murky divide. The fact that mutants can ressurrect makes it moot,but you could argue it is murder because Melodie is human and she will return as mutant.She as a human ceases to exist.
    Actually not true as mutants are human. Further if you look at the foundation of the "Murder no Man" law, its that the greatest crime is killing someone who can't come back. Your argument relies on the false premise that there are two distinct Melodies, a pure human and a mutant one. That's explicitly not the case, she's the same person but with a grievous injury undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Its not murder though. This is an officially sanctioned ritual conducted by one of the countries top officials and the participant has 100% agency. This is not on the same level as a mutant killing a random human on the street with no justifiable cause. The fact that Aero is brought back as a mutant (which is one of the fundamental law) does make it moot as you mention

Spectacular Member

Well I've just 're read this issue and , if I may, I'd like to give my thoughts on Crucible.
    It's a bit of a flight of fancy but since I get the feeling nobody reads my (longer) posts , who cares !

The underlying thing for me is that death now has a very different meaning for our mutants.

Now I spent my entire professional life in theatre ,so consider a person arriving in the anaesthetic room with a broken leg . This person is then subjected to what could be considered a " little death" ( not an orgasm !) and very importantly NOT sleep.
    Our patient is then subjected to extreme violence , and believe me you do not know brutality until you've seen an orthopaedic surgeon work !
    Our victim oops ,sorry , patient then emerged from this little death fully cured ! , well allowing for total agony and months of physio.

Just a flight of fancy as I say but with some parallels , perhaps.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Ooh, I dunno, don’t really do churches, got chucked out of Sunday School at eleven for wanting to be The Morrigan when I grew up, life goals, and all that.
    Fantastic! My interest is purely aesthetic.
    How about the farmers market ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Actually not true as mutants are human. Further if you look at the foundation of the "Murder no Man" law, its that the greatest crime is killing someone who can't come back. Your argument relies on the false premise that there are two distinct Melodies, a pure human and a mutant one. That's explicitly not the case, she's the same person but with a grievous injury undone.
    I think the problem comes with death being the transition. Because at the loss of her powers Melodie did not lose her life you can say she became human,so when she dies as a human she is human no more. I see the argument through Nightcrawlers eyes,he is not sure if he is the same entity/identity after his death.We as readers assume Melodie is the same,but can't be certain, and by the mere fact that it is a new body,it is in fact a new Melodie not the human one.I guess I'm being a bit of a purist but I think the Melody is not the same.What is more is that we are told a mutant has to be absolutely 'dead' as in no mistaken identity death so that they do not resurrect a doppelganger of a living mutant and I suspect while the public
    logic is to prevent noise being made by Humans that Krakoa is doing nefarious things.The true reason is it would totally mess with Krakoan minds and sow doubt on the ethics of the protocols because you would have an existential crisis seeing a you walking and talking to yourself.It would mess with the mind
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-07-2020 at 01:57 PM.

The reason killing humans is such a big deal is that they can't just be resurrected. That's, obviously, not the case for depowered mutants.

115 pages.

Second Saturday, of the month, some very fine bread and local cheeses.
    Mm, cheese, Gromit.
    Best Coffee is Abda, near the Swinging Witch, Kanya is also good. We have a Waitrose! Swank, swank.

What exactly has this got to do with X-Men 7??