Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1743
    Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Well I've just 're read this issue and , if I may, I'd like to give my thoughts on Crucible.
    It's a bit of a flight of fancy but since I get the feeling nobody reads my (longer) posts , who cares !

The underlying thing for me is that death now has a very different meaning for our mutants.

Now I spent my entire professional life in theatre ,so consider a person arriving in the anaesthetic room with a broken leg . This person is then subjected to what could be considered a " little death" ( not an orgasm !) and very importantly NOT sleep.
    Our patient is then subjected to extreme violence , and believe me you do not know brutality until you've seen an orthopaedic surgeon work !
    Our victim oops ,sorry , patient then emerged from this little death fully cured ! , well allowing for total agony and months of physio.

Just a flight of fancy as I say but with some parallels , perhaps.
    Good post, and yeah I agree that you can see a lot of parallels for modern medicine. I find myself comparing crucible to chemotherapy, a violent hell that that offers you the hope of coming out healed and whole on the other side (although crucible voluntary rather than life saving). The underlying question for both Crucible and the resurrection protocols comes back to, do you believe that the resurrected is the same entity as the dead person was. If the answer is yes then they aren't that bad, if no... that becomes a different story.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 03-07-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    What exactly has this got to do with X-Men 7??
    My apologies, the only connection is paradise, which Northwich clearly is !(It's even got a Waitrose !)

If you would like to read my thoughts on the comic you will find them if you scroll up a few entries. I would love to have you're feed back. I've found that very few of my carefully considered and nuanced comments get a reply !
    All the best and again my apologies.
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-07-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Good post, and yeah I agree that you can see a lot of parallels for modern medicine. I find myself comparing crucible to chemotherapy, a violent hell that that offers you the hope of coming out healed and whole on the other side (although crucible voluntary rather than life saving). The underlying question for both Crucible and the resurrection protocols comes back to, do you believe that the resurrected is the same entity as the dead person was. If the answer is yes then they aren't that bad, if no... that becomes a different story.
    Yes I agree , that really is the question , is the resurrection process what it seems to be. Am I right in thinking this is due to be explored in a future title ? At the moment we do have the evidence that Death was distressed . But yes , I am eager to find out more.

Yes I agree , that really is the question , is the resurrection process what it seems to be. Am I right in thinking this is due to be explored in a future title ? At the moment we do have the evidence that Death was distressed . But yes , I am eager to find out more.
    Greetings to you! Spring is approaching.

I think it will be interesting to see how Prodigy gets his powers back and how/if that impacts the crucible ritual.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

My apologies, the only connection is paradise, which Northwich clearly is !(It's even got a Waitrose !)

If you would like to read my thoughts on the comic you will find them if you scroll up a few entries. I would love to have you're feed back. I've found that very few of my carefully considered and nuanced comments get a reply !
    All the best and again my apologies.
    There's no point, they don't reply to you if you don't have over 1000 posts so I just log in and read the threads.

I've always loved his look and I'm glad he's back. I hope we'll see Jeb at least in passing (and Elizabeth - I wonder if she manifested powers in 616 yet?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Eh, chemo is hell because it ‘has’ to be, they haven’t figured out a way to make it better yet. The crucible is hell because Apocalypse wants it to be hell. It’s not necessary for medical treatment, it’s for ‘crowd control’ (and because apocalypse likes beating people to death) Because seriously, it’s not like all the telepaths can’t send out a message to the depowered mutants to say, hey we can only handle so many people at a time, so if you off yourself to get your powers back, you go to the back of the line and will have to wait longer. And we’re telepaths, we’ll know!’

God, I love Yu's work.
    Sorry not sorry, Can't wait to see more.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I hope they can bring back all the kids from the bus that died. I really hated Icarus because that storyline. I understand grief but he sold those kids out to die and seeing him alive when they aren't just irks my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    I hope they can bring back all the kids from the bus that died. I really hated Icarus because that storyline. I understand grief but he sold those kids out to die and seeing him alive when they aren't just irks my soul.
    He'll get his.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I've always loved his look and I'm glad he's back. I hope we'll see Jeb at least in passing (and Elizabeth - I wonder if she manifested powers in 616 yet?)
    Icarus looks visually interesting imo with the red wings and hair. They could give him some specialization in his powers to differentiate him from Angel. Did he have some vocal abilities or am I making this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Icarus looks visually interesting imo with the red wings and hair. They could give him some specialization in his powers to differentiate him from Angel. Did he have some vocal abilities or am I making this up?
    Healing too I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Healing too I believe.
    Right! And it was related to his wings I think.

We're set then, give him a Sonic shriek or something like that ad he's good to go on field missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He already is as Warren has his metal and fletchettes

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He already is as Warren has his metal and fletchettes
    I love that word.