Page 33 of 117 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Thanks! I love seeing the Mutant race defining themselves, right or wrong, on their own terms instead of continuing to define themselves in the language and mindsets of their oppressors. It’s long past overdue! And, just like in the real world when people of color and queer folks stopped allowing their oppressors to define them, people who styled themselves as progressive reveal their true colors in reaction.
    You mean Apocalypse defining the Mutant race…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Is this the fastest growing thread in CBR X-Books history?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    This was way out there. This seemed like A has updated his survival of the fittest view of mutants and has created a right of passage of mutant repowering.
    I am starting to be reminded of how he selected his Horsemen leading up to Fall of the Mutants. I wonder if a similar sort of grooming is going to be occurring here. Have to keep an eye on who goes through the crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Petra, Sway and Gabriel’s backups must all date from before Giant-size X-Men.
    Oh. Debunked.

The Pretender's impact. Almost two decades later and the queen still giving interesting storylines for the X-Books.

Yeah, there have been plenty of signs that the whole clan has gone Bats$%t crazy. This issue just sealed it.

Fantastic Member

Wow. I need to digest this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    Yeah, there have been plenty of signs that the whole clan has gone Bats$%t crazy. This issue just sealed it.
    thats why we stan

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Giant Sized got all the hype, but this was THE issue of the week, and a strong candidate for best of Dawn of X so far.
    Duuuuude you so right!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As far as the ritual goes, it just seems like a big waste of time
    Most religious dogma is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    nope, she abused her powers to get babies from a machine and a million people suffered over it/
    lol right? Like Hunty out down the gun and hex bolts and buy a ShakeWeight
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    I remember how Chamber looked after Decimation initially. Be a hell of a duel that one... bloke with no jaw, unconscious in a box fighting old Poccy...

Wonder how it works for mutants who it afffected physically/mentally etc....
    Considering they had 13yr fighting a centries old A I don't think Chambers missing torso woulda exempt him from the crucible
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lmao Krakoans are really triggered by Wanda!
    I don't know if laughter is the appropriate response to the lil kids being scared of the magical mutant mass murderer that is a part of 'Earths Mightiest Heroes"
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

BTW if they have such beef with Wanda why have none of them approached her? If she's a criminal to the Krakoan/Mutant race why have none of them tried to bring her in? They know where she stays!
    They have other, more important sh¡T to do
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

Yu's art actually was good this time.

It's interesting that Hickman can write Apocalypse well but in Excalibur to me he's written so bad and cringey. I hate the call me A thing and the attire he wears there.

I still find it odd and a bit creepy that when someone gets brought back they get paraded in front of a whole island buck naked.

Feels like they are definitely building towards a confrontation with Wanda....

That along with the last few missing Omega's (Legion/Mister M) could be big storylines down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Pretender's impact. Almost two decades later and the queen still giving interesting storylines for the X-Books.
    Iknowright? I don't have vitriol like others seem to generate, but I *do* wish Wanda had more of a terrifying image/silhouette. Full witch, no super.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    In the past comics I read, each time a villain said something controversial, there's someone to react to it, saying something like 'This is wrong'.

It was maybe underlined but it was better than this spineless attitude the goods guys had. We have the villains that are really villains and the good people who… remain aloof.
    The heroes do come off as wishy-washy to me, spending the whole issue saying in various ways that they're not sure how to react to all this. It's a downside of trying to do a more morally ambiguous superhero story, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Is it only Apoc meting out death to the pre-Ms ,or do you think Magneto and Exodus have their turn? I wonder if only high council can take part in the crucible.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Apocalypse is barely a villain. Archangel has a bigger body count then he does.
    No he doesn't. Apocalypse copped to collapsing the bronze age.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Iknowright? I don't have vitriol like others seem to generate, but I *do* wish Wanda had more of a terrifying image/silhouette. Full witch, no super.
    She needs to be retconned into a mutant again, come to Krakoa like "Oh, did I hear someone talk about me?" and make those little kids **** their pants.