Page 51 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Can we just all admit that the X-Men have officially become a cult?
    Why are they a cult now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I actually think Messiah Complex and the decimation stories were some of the best X-men stories. I just wish there was closure to the Wanda thing instead of trying to ameliorate the hatred towards her by launching the t cloud
    they were, but we immersed can feel angry that the source of all the pain and tragedy of that truly awesome era is allowed back witout any consequences, or even an hearfealt " i am sorry"

Wandas spell also summoned the Phoenix Force as per Tony Stark and Unit
    That was a good thing. It brought back Jean... eventually

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So Magik should be dropped to the curb because she uses dark magic.
    Magik was punished for using Legion to seek revenge against the Elder gods

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So...should we just abandon allegory entirely, and go totally literal?
    I thought that was what Hickman was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    oh wow magic used to create babies with a machine is actually fucked up tapping into vile and demonic sources.
    who could have known the practise of creating homunculi is messed up.
    who could have seen this abuse of power going into higher reaches
    Oh, it's easier to say afterward…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    That was a good thing. It brought back Jean... eventually
    Nope, her spell summoned the Phoenix Force in AvX. Phoenix Ressurection occurs well after

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why are they a cult now?
    A better question is, how are they not a cult now?

Does it matter? It may be akin to the breeding out colour programme in Australia
    She goes from paradise mutant to hell in just a couple of seconds.

Inestable person with magic superpowers cant be compared to anything in our world.

Much less with systemic racist programm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I just think adding the you were depowered so you are less than what you were is such a blanket statement it's absurd,it presumes all depowered mutants had some power that made their own life better.There are plenty of mutants who are happy they were depowered.This is for mutants with powers like wither(I am not saying he was depowered ,I mean powers like his) others like that fish boy mutant.There are scores of mutants or former mutants to be precise who would be insulted by Apocalypse's utterings.To absolutely deny that that is true is delusional. I'm talking in general not directed at original poster.
    Within the allegorical framework, “you have been made less than you were by the loss of your powers” is no different than “You have been made less than you were by having your identity stripped from you/your culture erased/your children stolen”.

Those who are happy having assimilated and erased their cultural heritage to become ‘normal’? Well, I guess that’s a life too. We can’t fault you for not wanting to speak with all of this if you aren’t in it 100%. But it absolutely IS less of a life than fighting for and proudly BEING who you were born to be despite the best efforts of those who want you dead or silenced.

A better question is, how are they not a cult now?
    The definition of cult is varied so it depends on what one considers a cult. In most cases I'm familiar with, a cult is a system of devotion directed toward "a particular figure or object".

And yet, anything seen as "different" or "odd" is often considered a cult. So people that only eat fast food would be a cult to me.

Mutants were always meant to be different and odd. And while some argue that the original 5 were a bunch of white kids, one could cover himself in ice, one had massive hands and feet, one had wings, and one couldn't open his eyes without destroying everything around him. And Jean, the most normal looking of them, had to work to keep the thoughts of everyone around her out of her head.

They are meant to be odd. Mutants. Hickman has taken that ball and is sprinting with it.
    Last edited by JB; 02-26-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

So Magik should be dropped to the curb because she uses dark magic.
    illyana was an actual victim of circumstance that worked out of her tendencies that were impossed on her, comparing her to wanda is quite vile.
    she also had a bomb strapped to her chest when she almost destroyed the world, fairly so that she says it herself.
    soooo yeah, she then has hard earned the x-mens trust and her place, unlike wanda who was just given to her

illyana was an actual victim of circumstance that worked out of her tendencies that were impossed on her, comparing her to wanda is quite vile.
    she also had a bomb strapped to her chest when she almost destroyed the world, fairly so that she says it herself.
    soooo yeah, she then has hard earned the x-mens trust and her place, unlike wanda who was just given to her
    So forty years of comics don't count?

Also, Wanda's powers have always been dangerous, she's a victim of circumstances too.

oh wow magic used to create babies with a machine is actually fucked up tapping into vile and demonic sources.
    who could have known the practise of creating homunculi is messed up.
    who could have seen this abuse of power going into higher reaches
    All that power she had and all she wanted was kids.... You're Reaching...... In the end it all worked out for her she's living her best like while mutants have isolated themselves from the world shivering at the mention of her name so....

BANNED

who remembers this gem?
    yeah wanda is an absolute toxic waste of a characthers and it speaks volumes her mcu version is almost nothing alike and is somehow superior in all terms