Page 52 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    A better question is, how are they not a cult now?
    As per the latest Ff/X issue Krakoa seems to have more members then Jediasm so they'd classify as a religion

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The definition of cult is varied so it depends on what one considers a cult. In most cases I'm familiar with, a cult is a system of devotion directed toward "a particular figure or object".

And yet, anything seen as "different" or "odd" is often considered a cult. So people that only eat fast food would be a cult to me.
    You don't die for your fast food, though… Not quickly anyway…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The definition of cult is varied so it depends on what one considers a cult. In most cases I'm familiar with, a cult is a system of devotion directed toward "a particular figure or object".

And yet, anything seen as "different" or "odd" is often considered a cult. So people that only eat fast food would be a cult to me.
    Then with this in mind, the mutants are a cult to mutantdom. But also, I consider a cult to be a smaller, less stablized religion that forced conformity and obedience unto their followers in a way a true religion can't due to its size. But most importantly, a cult makes it hard for someone to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All that power she had and all she wanted was kids.... You're Reaching...... In the end it all worked out for her she's living her best like while mutants have isolated themselves from the world shivering at the mention of her name so....
    Adopt?

10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    All that power she had and all she wanted was kids.... You're Reaching...... In the end it all worked out for her she's living her best like while mutants have isolated themselves from the world shivering at the mention of her name so....
    living her best life off the book pages cause its rough for the girl to get on an ongoing uh?

A better question is, how are they not a cult now?
    hmmmm

cult
    /kəlt/

a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
    "the cult of St. Olaf"

a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

I guess they do have strange practices now. Religous aspect was possibly introduced in todays issue.
    But meh I just think they are trying to survive.

Also regarding what mutants think of Wanda:

Screen Shot 2020-02-26 at 3.51.00 PM.jpg

I'm indifferent towards Wanda because she always had the attitude that she was better than mutants and had nothing to be sorry about.

So Magik speaks for a lot of mutants.

Still one of my favorite pages.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-26-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

who remembers this gem?
    yeah wanda is an absolute toxic waste of a characthers and it speaks volumes her mcu version is almost nothing alike and is somehow superior in all terms
    But is she wrong? Especially when she's constantly blamed for something that could never be considered truly her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    who remembers this gem?
    yeah wanda is an absolute toxic waste of a characthers and it speaks volumes her mcu version is almost nothing alike and is somehow superior in all terms
    And right beforehand we have Wanda crying at Xavier's grave because of all the things she did.

Also, Rick Remender thinks mutants are dangerous and need to be controlled.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I very much enjoyed this issue. There's a lot going on in the new X-Line, not all of it I care for but I do appreciate the depth that some of the creators are willing to explore within the new setting. I've largely divorced myself from interviews, and fan speculation so I'm never quite sure what to expect from the X-Men issues my shop pulls for me but I like the idea of Crucible. It resolves a problem that I hadn't even figured existed, and it was an entertaining read. First X-Men comic in years I had to walk around while reading, couldn't sit still.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yes, yes they have.

Also, does anyone else just want a panel of someone like Steve Rogers watching a Crucible and just going WTF? Or some magic minded person or cosmic entity explaining to the X-Men how their resurrection method sucks?
    I would LOVE to see a straight, [color redacted], Christian, blonde, blue-eyed man comment on the practices of a culture not their own!! I don’t get enough of that in the real world! I mean, I LOVED it when the British looked at native Indian practices and just went WTF! (Before doing their best to wipe those practices out entirely because obviously the British way was superior in every way and just made sense, unlike what those savages believed in!)
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-26-2020 at 05:01 PM.

BANNED

And right beforehand we have Wanda crying at Xavier's grave because of all the things she did.

familiar with the concept of crocodille tears ? its always adorable how shes all tears until someone brings up her acountability

Then with this in mind, the mutants are a cult to mutantdom. But also, I consider a cult to be a smaller, less stablized religion that forced conformity and obedience unto their followers in a way a true religion can't due to its size. But most importantly, a cult makes it hard for someone to leave.
    Thankfully the mutants are free to go as they please as we've seen.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

And I don't think he's entirely wrong, especially given how dangerous some mutants are. To deny that is to deny reality and honestly, if you deny that, it makes me wonder what you're selling.

BANNED

But is she wrong? Especially when she's constantly blamed for something that could never be considered truly her fault.
    uh um shes totaly blameless from her own lack of care and judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I very much enjoyed this issue. There's a lot going on in the new X-Line, not all of it I care for but I do appreciate the depth that some of the creators are willing to explore within the new setting. I've largely divorced myself from interviews, and fan speculation so I'm never quite sure what to expect from the X-Men issues my shop pulls for me but I like the idea of Crucible. It resolves a problem that I hadn't even figured existed, and it was an entertaining read. First X-Men comic in years I had to walk around while reading, couldn't sit still.
    Welcome back!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!