Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    And Apocalypse can end nations, Sinister can do all sorts of evil ****, Exodus can murder gods, Fucking Selene has committed atrocities against humans and mutants, and all of them are living on Krakoa completely protected with no consequences what's the difference?
    Did you miss my scans? Here.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...POILERS/page50

It's simply not a valid argument when the story has given us the reason. You may not agree with it, but the reason is there.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

And Apocalypse can end nations, Sinister can do all sorts of evil ****, Exodus can murder gods, Fucking Selene has committed atrocities against humans and mutants, and all of them are living on Krakoa completely protected with no consequences what's the difference?
    There isnt. If a human wanted to have them prosecuted/imprisoned then there is enough justiifcation for that. That doesnt erase the fact that mutants have a reason to want to hold Wanda accountable for her sh-t

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and she literaly came out of it squeaky clean, everyone forgot about it , no one outside mutants holds her acountable and shes on the earth mightest heroes.
    the mensage it sends is this : you can do what she did as a human and get no consequences, and she can do it again protected by the heroes of humankind
    Yeah, everyone forgot so much that we totally aren't discussing it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Who is pretending that some aren't dangerous? You said that you agreed that perhaps they should be controlled because some are dangerous. I'm saying that could be said about all super-powered beings, so why specifically mutants?
    Who said I don't? And part of my problem here is how, in this comic, Apocalypse is talking about how great being a mutant is, but the X-gene turned one guy into a straight up tree. Another kid got his face blown off by his own power.

Being a mutant is a crapshoot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There isnt. If a human wanted to have them prosecuted/imprisoned then there is enough justiifcation for that. That doesnt erase the fact that mutants have a reason to want to hold Wanda accountable for her sh-t
    So what would happen if those justified countries tried to arrest her?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Literally every religion started from scratch, got called a ‘dangerous cult’ by the former status quo, then became the new status quo.

Literally every religion starts off as a ‘dangerous cult’. It’s what adherents of that religion do once they come to power that makes them ‘good’ or ‘bad’.

Lutherans were a dangerous cult when they broke off from Catholicism. Modern Lutherans tend towards progressivism and embrace social good, so they are ‘good’ now.

Scientology was a dangerous cult when they formed from reading groups studying Hubbards nonsense rantings. Modern Scientologists engage in harmful behavior and abuse their adherents as well as anyone who questions them, so they are ‘bad’.

We know nothing about the mutant religion yet. Not it’s sacraments, not it’s practices, not it’s message or focus. So to assume ‘dangerous cult’ is to play into the mindset of every oppressor throughout all of human history.
    That's what I'm saying kind of culty, never said it was a bad thing though.

BANNED

krakoa is a nation who is not bound to black or white, but moraly grey and pragmatic decisions, like the decision to make sure mutant kind is united and more powerfull than ever, and its rightfully contested by outsiders and x-men alike.
    it doesnt clear the, of their sins just gives themse a chance of living in a community from this point forward.

wanda commited genocide and is immediatly a member of a prestigious team of super heroes that claim to be he creme de la creme of heroism and goodness to protect the entire planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, everyone forgot so much that we totally aren't discussing it right now.

Who said I don't? And part of my problem here is how, in this comic, Apocalypse is talking about how great being a mutant is, but the X-gene turned one guy into a straight up tree. Another kid got his face blown off by his own power.

Just like being a human being.

So what would happen if those justified countries tried to arrest her?
    who is she? Who are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Oh right, for some reason I keep thinking AvX happened later than it really did

No, I think it's bad writing, Remender seemed to have a low opinion of mutants as minorities and used Wanda and Alex as his mouthpieces
    I remember at the time it generated a lot of debate here and even a response from Bendis through Kitty.

all-new-x-men-13-kitty-m-word-jewish-speech2.jpg

Wanda should have been given a job on the Thunderbolts but they stuck her on a unity team

My question is, if a de-powered mutant fails the crucible and gives up, are they allowed to try again at a later date? Or is it a single opportunity?

They were born that way. Acceptance of who you are regardless of the trials and tribulations - I don't think that's a bad message.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Look for me when Krakoa and the mutants start trying to eradicate the human species or kill human childrens .

Attachment 93779
    Ah, the mass grave picture… made to shut the mouth…

What the words are useful for?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    My question is, if a de-powered mutant fails the crucible and gives up, are they allowed to try again at a later date? Or is it a single opportunity?
    We dont know, probably not, if you have doubts, knowing how Apocalypse thinks, you get what you want, next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    krakoa is a nation who is not bound to black or white, but moraly grey and pragmatic decisions, like the decision to make sure mutant kind is united and more powerfull than ever, and its rightfully contested by outsiders and x-men alike.
    it doesnt clear the, of their sins just gives themse a chance of living in a community from this point forward.

wanda commited genocide and is immediatly a member of a prestigious team of super heroes that claim to be he creme de la creme of heroism and goodness to protect the entire planet.
    She got kicked out by Vision after Children's crusade.