Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Any mention of her brother Jay? Aka Icarus?? Her brother that was actually killed, his story is pretty traumatic.

Ohh my god. What an issue! It is weird and exciting and fun and creepy . Best issue of this volume so far . I really hope Hickman intends to stay on the franchise for a while .

Also, that Scott and Logan dialogue was just... hmmff , yes give me more please . Give me Scogan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
    Any mention of her brother Jay? Aka Icarus?? Her brother that was actually killed, his story is pretty traumatic.
    He’s shown. That cutiepie.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphonse View Post
    He was there, red wings and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Isn't that strange? Surely more mutants have been killed during Genosha destruction than when mutants have been depowered…
    and absolute majority isn't dead, just without powers and x-gene

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Isn't that strange? Surely more mutants have been killed during Genosha destruction than when mutants have been depowered…
    I think it's because Wanda used to be a mutant maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I still don't know why they need to fight for it. That just seems needless.

Also somebody needs to call Hickman out for his queerbaiting, cause that **** is annoying.
    Agreed. At first I was on the fence...Is this just fun banter between two long-time acquaintances, or actual queer-baiting? We all know Hickman is giving us hints of Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma spin-the-wheel, but not actually outright saying it...Most likely because Marvel would never allow it. So yeah, leaning toward queer-baiting.

Loved this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Oh my god, ICARUS!!!!!
    I was so surprised to see him! But I also forgot Aero existed...

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I found this unsettling. Surely Selene or Emplate would have been a better option then Apocalypse
    I love how y'all like to think the X-Books actually care about Selene.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I can't imagine Storm, Jean, Kurt etc being ok with the crucible. I would have liked to see that discussion during a Quiet Council meeting, if only to see that they were just overruled or something.
    Yeah I was hoping to see the discussion as well. It could be something to do with Nightcrawler not having a soul or whatever, so maybe he's not able to be changed/coerced/mind warped as easily as the others or something.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I can't imagine Storm, Jean, Kurt etc being ok with the crucible. I would have liked to see that discussion during a Quiet Council meeting, if only to see that they were just overruled or something.
    If I understood well, the only ones with a real power are Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse… As I know this sort of thing doesn't belong — traditionally — to Xavier or Magneto, I suppose that it's a Apocalypse thing.
    I don't have the impression they discuss a lot together, argue to come to an agreement.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Agreed. At first I was on the fence...Is this just fun banter between two long-time acquaintances, or actual queer-baiting? We all know Hickman is giving us hints of Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma spin-the-wheel, but not actually outright saying it...Most likely because Marvel would never allow it. So yeah, leaning toward queer-baiting.
    Like i wouldn't mind if he played around with the actually confirmed gay characters in a substantial capacity.

The "Are they, Aren't they?" banter is annoying mostly cause there's a ton of gay characters you can highlight on the side of it

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    very clearly queerbaiting, he knows he can't do that. Also awful dialog

Astonishing Member

so Krakoa believes in assisted Suicide but not just any assisted suicide in dying peacefully, you have fight for your life. wow. I can see why the other heroes are looking at the X-MEN like WTF. especially reading Chips X-men/FF mini-series, these are not the heroes i looked up to when I was reading in the 90s but at the same time I'm freaking hooked on Hickman X-men and enjoying it. I mean didn't Hickman had Steve and Tony attack each other irrationally while the world was ending in his Avengers Finale.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 02-26-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    so Krakoa believes in assisted Suicide but not just any assisted suicide in dying peacefully, you have fight for your life. wow. I can see why the other heroes are looking at the X-MEN like WTF. especially reading Chips X-men/FF mini-series, these are not the heroes i looked up to when I was reading in the 90s but at the same time I'm freaking hooked on Hickman X-men and enjoying it. I mean didn't Hickman had Steve and Tony attack each other irrationally while the world was ending in his Avengers Finale.
    yep, but that kinda of feels coming, it's not like the two could stop the end of world. Also nothing as horrible like this issue is made

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Like i wouldn't mind if he played around with the actually confirmed gay characters in a substantial capacity.

The "Are they, Aren't they?" banter is annoying mostly cause there's a ton of gay characters you can highlight on the side of it
    Yep there isn't a lack of gay chaarcters to work things and do romance.

Mighty Member

Other than the queerbatiing and the need for a Colosseum based fight (I really do not know why it needs to be this, nor whay this needs to be a public thing.) I enjoyed the issue.

I don't trust Apocalypse as far as I can throw him, but that's to be expected.