Page 69 of 117 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1743
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought this issue fabulous. hickman you are a godsend to this franchise.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sooo now it's Magnetos fault for Decimation? Looorrd.
    I kiiiiinda wish there were more commentary from Sam and Paige and especially Skin.

Caaaaause They were about to rip **A** a new **A**Hole...
    Thank God skin was there

GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Kinda wish we can move on from the Wanda stuff.
    Seconded. So...yawning.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Kurt's faith is such an important part of his character I don't think even Hickman could change it without getting some major backlash.
    Actually, Kurt went an entire run of Excalibur, a run that lasted ten years without mentioning his religion and he was doing a-ok, better than ok. I remember I think only one issue in the late 90s where there was a back-up story about Kurts faith where he goes to confession. He has other traits that should be explored once again finally.

NOW I'm not sure creating a new religion is what mutants need. Religion in general can cause harm not just Catholicism. And just because they are a "minority" group doesn't mean it isn't going to go south especially where its spinning out of. Not saying athiesm is going to save them because I don't have rose colored glasses of the sexism especially that's come out of some of their mouths.

I don't know why Kurt can't just accept the mystery that is life finally but then I'm agnostic. Its not unheard of either for religious people to even become atheist/agnostic later or even convert. If he explored some sort of mysticism that may be fun. But even then ultimately I'm tired of this subject with Kurt.

Oh and Wanda boy do I have s bone to pick with this on going hostility any reading comprehension here? When she said "no more mutants" she wasn't planning on genocide her power acted on her emotions , she was sick of the drama and trauma her mutancy caused and I honestly don't think people actually read West Coast Avengers on here either. Well, I did at the time, and if they didn't retcon it, and from what I remember she didn't consciously create her children from her powers either her powers acted on her wishes and isn't all this wallowing garbage about mutants destroying cities because they can't control their powers and they can't help it? They were all sleaze though waiting outside her room to kill her before she even uttered those three words. But then I felt at the time the X-Men were really OOC as well, so... They barely knew her and they were ready to execute her instead of helping her. I don't think the "Pretender" is a diss that will bring down Wanda as it was quite laughable. With other mutant traitors there as well I hope it backfires. I mean, the Marauders willingly slaughtered other mutants like trash. Its was the original genocide that people seem to sweep under the rug. It was before Genosha, before House of M. These scum bags mortally wounded four X-Men and slaughtered the elderly and children among many. ALL mutants. But hey lets forget all that. Cold calculated slaughter vs. someone who had a mental breakdown with powers going haywire, hmmm. Making her unrepentant later had more to do with Remender at the time I think because he was sore about the backlash of Havoks speech. Wanda the crazy lady who married a "robot" "machine" what have you cackling madly -gee she saw Vision as a sentient being and Wanda fell in love kinda like Doug made friends with one, right? Not so weird, really.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-27-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

the thought occurs that showing a nation of immortals (and their fandom) wallowing in basically self-indulgent terror and impotent rage at the mention of Wanda could probably be taken as more of a condemnation of the X-Books than of Wanda

I also can help but notice how Wanda’s body count has been less than subtly upped from the guys of 500k in the initial “look what they’ve done to us” to millions in Exodus’ propaganda session. Add in that Moira and Charles almost certainly knew what would happen with Wanda, and perhaps wound up that particular jack in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    People with dwarfism, cystic fibrosis, hemophilia, MS, Ehlers-Danilo syndrome, Tay-Sachs, and other genetic maladies have bodies that betray them through quirks of genetic fate. These diseases are horribly painful or otherwise have a great potential for negative impact on society and on the lives of those afflicted. We should stop letting such people breed and properly control them instead of glorifying their medical conditions.
    Despicable talk.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    My big question is, why would Logan even want to live with the Summers? .
    Jean Grey,Next Question

How mutants respond to Wanda makes senses,It does not matter the her intent or situation. The action still happen and the consequences. Your defense of Wanda doesn't matter mutants hating her make sense even if it is a little irrational in nature. It is like a driver under the effects of medication hitting a killing one of your friends and family,They are going to be people who hate that person, They are going to be people who understand it was accident. There is no amount of explaining that is going to stop person from hate person. Simple put the hate of Wanda is something you are going to have live with seeing happen in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    the thought occurs that showing a nation of immortals (and their fandom) wallowing in basically self-indulgent terror and impotent rage at the mention of Wanda could probably be taken as more of a condemnation of the X-Books than of Wanda

I also can help but notice how Wanda’s body count has been less than subtly upped from the guys of 500k in the initial “look what they’ve done to us” to millions in Exodus’ propaganda session. Add in that Moira and Charles almost certainly knew what would happen with Wanda, and perhaps wound up that particular jack in the box.
    Genosha and M Day were clearly drawbacks.

Wow. The Crucible is an insane concept. Watching your sister get murdered is traumatic as hell whether she wanted it or not. This was a dope ass issue. Hickman is killing it.

BANNED

Melody Guthrie is a badass. and a G tho

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Jean Grey,Next Question

How mutants respond to Wanda makes senses,It does not matter the her intent or situation. The action still happen and the consequences. Your defense of Wanda doesn't matter mutants hating her make sense even if it is a little irrational in nature. It is like a driver under the effects of medication hitting a killing one of your friends and family,They are going to be people who hate that person, They are going to be people who understand it was accident. There is no amount of explaining that is going to stop person from hate person. Simple put the hate of Wanda is something you are going to have live with seeing happen in the books.
    You can hate her but the reinforcement in the hate, i dont think that is necessary.

They are lingering in the past, holding the grudge at that level can be dangerous.

Probably is Hickman plan.

So not enjoying who the X-men are anymore, but I’m sincerely glad that a lot of readers are enjoying it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I’ll be really disappointed if all this turns into some staid morality play - at the end gods of the 616 come down and declare that putting teenage girls in cage matches is wrong, and force Emma to marry the philanderer Tony Stark as penance for the sin of polyamory.

I havent been mindblown by x-men comics since Morisson. Good job Hickman!! I bet by the end of your run you will be in the top 3 x-writers of all time.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I very much enjoyed this issue. There's a lot going on in the new X-Line, not all of it I care for but I do appreciate the depth that some of the creators are willing to explore within the new setting. I've largely divorced myself from interviews, and fan speculation so I'm never quite sure what to expect from the X-Men issues my shop pulls for me but I like the idea of Crucible. It resolves a problem that I hadn't even figured existed, and it was an entertaining read. First X-Men comic in years I had to walk around while reading, couldn't sit still.
    It was so dense, there was three comics worth of material in there. Excellent.