Page 84 of 117 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1743

I don't care what nobody says I am loving this Scarlet Witch hate my goodness they summed up my feelings on her perfectly. She is basically Satan and I'm all for it.

Some of you literally just argue your points and take no interest in the other persons opinion.

It's like only your answers and thoughts are right. You don't take other perspectives into account.

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Your opinion is not more valid than others.

Like I've read comments where the things your complaining about are actually addressed but you don't like it or it's not a good enough answer for you.

Well fellas/and or ladies...thats on you.
    Last edited by CGAR; 02-27-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    'member the tarot cards?

They even echoed the colour scheme, that’s impressive attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I don't care what nobody says I am loving this Scarlet Witch hate my goodness they summed up my feelings on her perfectly. She is basically Satan and I'm all for it.
    Funny you sum up feelings some 'humans' have towards mutants…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Some of you literally just argue your points and take no interest in the other persons opinion.

It's like only your answeres and thoughts are right. You don't take other perspectives into account.

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Your opinion is not more valid than others.

Like I've read comments where the things your complaining about are actually addressed but you don't like it or it's not a good enough answer for you.

Well fella/and or ladies...thats on you.
    That's a tiny bit harsh. I've only commented when I've found the original comment interesting or provocative.People of Earth for instance holds some strong interesting views and when challenged has expanded and explained herself in a interesting and courteous way .Now you're quite right that I'm never going to agree , but the pleasure , surely ,is to experience the views. (And to walk off thinking Bah humbug)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh well. There will be no agreement on the Crucible thing I guess lol
    LOL. There never was agreement.
    ...With the Crucible. With DoX. With Krakoa: Mutant Nation...with the entirety of HiX-Man's run so far...not from the other side anyways.
    (which is why the majority are all on my 'ignore' list...not because we disagree, but because they bring absolutely no relevant, objective insight to the narrative and their position as a whole. It's the same responses over and over and over.)

I can understand and appreciate that from a story perspective how and why the Crucible would play an important role for the individuals of this new society as it is...because as a whole, as the mutant race, it too has gone through many crucibles to reach where they are.

The ritual isn't mandated or forced on anyone. Those who will participate will do so by choice fully knowing what to expect.
    I can sit here and be judgmental about it and say that it's abhorrent but...it's not about me the reader...in the sense that all I experience is purely and subjectively emotional and quite removed from the scenario that is presented.

That would be like me castigating indigenous tribes for their rituals and practices...which might seem bloody and barbaric to an outsider like myself but absolutely normal and important and necessary to the tribesman for and to their state of being.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-27-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It makes sense that she would be mutant Lucifer.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt has never been an orthodox Catholic.
    His Romani and nomadic upbringing means he would have been to many different churches, across Europe, depending on where the circus was. I wonder if he was Confirmed? Pretty sure Romani Catholic’s would have had him baptised pronto.
    But I agree, setting up a religion is A Big Thing. A big character change. Certainly an interesting one.
    I’m sure he’ll try to set up a good religion... but you know it’s going to end up in tears.
    Totally agree about the trajectory towards tears. I also agree that he is, in every sense of the word, unorthodox...but he was on the precipice (procedurally) of becoming a priest, so I would assume that he has had all of the sacraments and bought into at least the central tenants of the Roman Catholic/Christian faith which, as a revealed religion, which would preclude both starting a new religion AND standing by feeling "troubled" during this spectacle of death.

Spectacular Member

Plus it's fascinating to see how what I get from a page can be radically different to someone else.
    A great example here is the campfire scene with Exodus. I saw that as kids telling scary stories around the campfire , quite a cute scene. After reading the forum I went back and this time I saw Exodus founding a folklore for Krakoa ,answering some of the criticisms of there being no mutants culture.
    Yet many people see the whole thing as sinister.
    Is anyone right of wrong? Will anyone's mind be changed ? Or is it just interesting to exchange views ?

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    That was foul and twisted, regardless of his intent. Intent we can doubt about, since he is, you know, Apocalypse.
    The whole ceremony felt like indoctrination.

Who would be the culprit(s) though? Krakoa itself, Xavier? Or someone else entirely?
    But I agree, they are X-Men in name only at the moment, except when it comes to a couple of characters like Wolverine for example.
    Agreed. My guess is Xavier...or whatever is masquerading as Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wish it was, but this person literally only got onto the reddit thread to tell me this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm..._xmen/fiu5plp/

Like, seriously, that isn't even trying to talk about anything!

And it's just creepy because it's like, wow, OK Hickman, you aren't entirely wrong. There are people who get so much into being "the other" that they stop seeing normal people as valid people with valid experiences.
    “Normal people”...*wince*

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    Totally agree about the trajectory towards tears. I also agree that he is, in every sense of the word, unorthodox...but he was on the precipice (procedurally) of becoming a priest, so I would assume that he has had all of the sacraments and bought into at least the central tenants of the Roman Catholic/Christian faith which, as a revealed religion, which would preclude both starting a new religion AND standing by feeling "troubled" during this spectacle of death.
    Actually, it takes many years to be a Catholic priest, you have to go through a seminary. Realistically Nightcrawler could never have been a Catholic priest but hey, this is comics and Kitty Pryde already has a phD somehow.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    What, you don’t have a couple of hours free to peruse the whole thread shame on you!
    Indeed, the motif is recurring in the books.
    Which will Mean Something.
    I've finally caught up! I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Actually, it takes many years to be a Catholic priest, you have to go through a seminary. Realistically Nightcrawler could never have been a Catholic priest but hey, this is comics and Kitty Pryde already has a phD somehow.
    He was nearly Pope! Which, of course, made absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    The main idea of the issue, and one of the main ideas of the run, is that Krakoa poses issues that are very hard or even impossible to solve while keeping a moral high ground. As they state in the issue the Crucible is not a solution to the mutant decimation by Wanda, but a solution to the potential problem of having hundreds of thousands of people randomly starting committing suicide to get their powers back. They also say how it would be a problem for the 5 because it would add a lot to their workload. Making the thing into a ritual allows them to pace it and requires that people give to it more consideration. That is not ideal is the point of the story I think, it’s practical and they have to do it this way to avoid worse consequences but it’s morally questionable. I also think this is something that Hickman always does when writing at Marvel, where readers are generally more opinionated and polarized than say an indie comic book, he put at the center a moral dilemma that will split the audience in 2 and generate a lot of discussion and debate. Like the killing another universe to save yours, from his Avengers’ run. It pays to have an audience of pro and anti Krakoa readers more than and audience that shares the same opinion, even if positive.
    Even though the crucible made me uncomfortable, I still enjoyed this issue a lot especially because of this moral dilemma which is also why I liked several of Hickman's past works especially his New Avengers run. You're right it could be a temporary "solution" in order to avoid a worse situation and maybe down the line, another solution will appear but in the meantime it's still an interesting and unexpected thing to do and it also set up several possible future storylines.

You're right, it's good when a book manages to spark so much discussion with readers having different opinions about a certain event or the new status quo which has been the case since the start of House of X. To be honest with you this whole Krakoa era has been much more interesting and fun than most of the X-Men comics we've got those last 15 years for me, so for now I'm just enjoying the ride and I can't wait to see what Hickman and the others writers working on the X-Books are going to do next