Page 89 of 117 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1743
    BANNED

I like that anyone calling into question the validity of making copies of people (clones) had people trying to shout them down on this board only for the characters themselves to ask that obvious question.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    About the Logan and Scott interaction. I can definitely see the undertones of it being flirting but I didn't see that until I came here and read these posts talking about it. As I read the exchange I chuckled because it sounds like something I would have said to one of my friends and I could have have said either Logan or Scott's dialogue (I'm a straight male) and it would just be how I interact with close male friends. I've invited a single male friend on a vacation (he joined us) with my wife and I because we are all mutual friends. To me there was no overtly or implied sexual undertones, it was just to friends having a laugh. I find it really interesting how different peoples perspectives can be based on the lives they live. To be clear I'm not saying any way one chooses to interpret the scene is completely wrong or right just thought I'd chime in on the conversation.
    it was pretty blurred for me. At first it felt very friendly until the speedo line. IT felt like wolverine was all " Jean would look great in beach lingerie." and Scott was all. "i'll have on beach panties too." apart i would have thought two friends, together i can see it either way i guess but i definitely leaned more toward the, Scott thirsty camp. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I like that anyone calling into question the validity of making copies of people (clones) had people trying to shout them down on this board only for the characters themselves to ask that obvious question.
    this was a nice part of the issue. If Hickman wanted people to not discuss he would make sure the soul of the person would reincarnate instead of being a memory implant.

Souls are a thing on Marvel universe, so Hickman is walking on a problem here. I odn't think he want to tell a story about clones

About the Logan and Scott interaction. I can definitely see the undertones of it being flirting but I didn't see that until I came here and read these posts talking about it. As I read the exchange I chuckled because it sounds like something I would have said to one of my friends and I could have have said either Logan or Scott's dialogue (I'm a straight male) and it would just be how I interact with close male friends. I've invited a single male friend on a vacation (he joined us) with my wife and I because we are all mutual friends. To me there was no overtly or implied sexual undertones, it was just to friends having a laugh. I find it really interesting how different peoples perspectives can be based on the lives they live. To be clear I'm not saying any way one chooses to interpret the scene is completely wrong or right just thought I'd chime in on the conversation.
    There is a soccer player that invited a friend (also soccer player) to spent vacation with him an dhis wife. his wife cheated on him with the friend player and then later she dumped him and married the friend player. LOL that was a scandal
    Good that your friend was really your friend here.

It played for as a joke, there was better ways to word it if the intention was to make sure we know they have a romance
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-27-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Well those of us you are referring was just going by the evidence from House of X where it was stated Xavier put the soul back into the mutant shell so of course there is that. Though that doesn't mean the characters cannot question the process or what it might mean (especially someone like Nightcrawler who would believe in a soul). And yes I know people keep saying "souls" exist in the Marvel Universe which is bizarre because in our modern times people should realize what the soul actually is (what makes us … us which is our thoughts, memories and the things stored in our brains). Of course our genetics also make us "us" and since Hickman uses both genetics and the mind back ups I don't see what the problem is. But since humans do create culture, society, and religion I guess I can see why people cling to the more mystical version of the "soul".

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Well those of us you are referring was just going by the evidence from House of X where it was stated Xavier put the soul back into the mutant shell so of course there is that. Though that doesn't mean the characters cannot question the process or what it might mean (especially someone like Nightcrawler who would believe in a soul). And yes I know people keep saying "souls" exist in the Marvel Universe which is bizarre because in our modern times people should realize what the soul actually is (what makes us … us which is our thoughts, memories and the things stored in our brains). Of course our genetics also make us "us" and since Hickman uses both genetics and the mind back ups I don't see what the problem is. But since humans do create culture, society, and religion I guess I can see why people cling to the more mystical version of the "soul".
    On Marvel universe it has a mytical element to a soul, it isn't just data of memories and experiences.

On captain america they took part of the soul of sharon carter throught magic.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    On Marvel universe it has a mytical element to a soul, it isn't just data of memories and experiences.

On captain america they took part of the soul of sharon carter throught magic.
    Different office, different writers, different stories.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    My only thing is that if someone with resurrection authority is having a random off morning we could end up with duplicates and therefore they literally are clones. People were arguing against this basic fact in spite of being told that, not only were characters concerned about copying, but a literal team book would happen based on preventing this. That "souls" are a thing in the magical world of the MU was a whole other fact that I felt we didn't need to discuss because the books had already informed us that the resurrected are clones, just based on how the process works.

I just really dislike dogma. That we were supposedly not supposed to call them clones "just because" was kind of a nuisance because it was nonsense.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 02-27-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    There is a soccer player that invited a friend (also soccer player) to spent vacation with him an dhis wife. his wife cheated on him with the friend player and then later she dumped him and married the friend player. LOL that was a scandal
    Good that your friend was really your friend here.

It played for as a joke, there was better ways to word it if the intention was to make sure we know they have a romance
    I understand your passionate about your views but this statement is non sense. What exactly are you trying to say? On a planet with 7 billion people you expect me to feel lucky that my wife didn't cheat on me with a mutual friend based on you telling me an unnamed soccer player had his wife cheat on him? Did you just make this up to try and prove a point? What is your goal here? This almost feels like a personal shot at me so please clarify.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Got to say...

If the next issue is anything like the solicit and half as good as this issue?

It could be one for the ages.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I think the issue was well done. It poses challenging concepts and questions them at the same time. I hope future issues are similar to this.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Also i love Yu.
    Art is amazing every issue for me.
    The art has gotten better overtime....
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

About the Logan and Scott interaction. I can definitely see the undertones of it being flirting but I didn't see that until I came here and read these posts talking about it. As I read the exchange I chuckled because it sounds like something I would have said to one of my friends and I could have have said either Logan or Scott's dialogue (I'm a straight male) and it would just be how I interact with close male friends. I've invited a single male friend on a vacation (he joined us) with my wife and I because we are all mutual friends. To me there was no overtly or implied sexual undertones, it was just two friends having a laugh. I find it really interesting how different peoples perspectives can be based on the lives they live. To be clear I'm not saying any way one chooses to interpret the scene is completely wrong or right just thought I'd chime in on the conversation.
    I had a very similar read of the scenario. Also, the current setup does lend itself for others to make their own interpretations. I wonder if that's the current intention.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

But... But... Dear Kurt! You had already lost your soul! Please don't forget that!

Still don't get why people are so obsessed about these titbits in a good or bad way. It's not like it's affecting the mainstream narrative that is been ruining comics for THE LAST 20 years.

If Hickman read this topic he would probably be very pleased with his work or laugh a lot .