Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1743
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Be that as it may I'm looking at the ethics of the crucible, is Leech allowed on Krakoa, can Fabian Cortez be resurrected? It seems that some mutants like Emplate,Selene and Proteus have been catered for but how do they treat guys like Leech and Fabian because in light of X-Men #7 it would imply they are Krakoans alright but they are a nuisance to the nation
    As far as I know Leech was living with the Future Foundation kids and they are currently out in space.

Fabian Cortez may already be alive again but who knows if he´s still on Krakoa or went somewhere else, he has a horrible relationship with the Acolytes after betraying them many times, with Exodus, with Magneto and the X-men, so there´s a possibility he went somewhere else or is keeping himself close to Emma since they recently worked together or Shinobi Shaw since they were partners on the Upstars group. He´s supposed to be very rich so it would not surprise me if he has a home near Krakoa but also somewhere else.

Now that we are talking Acolytes would be nice to see Amelia Vogh again she used to have a close romantic relationship with Xavier back in the day and also was Magneto´s confident and second in comand with the Acolytes. She and Joseph I would like to see around Krakoa.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-29-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

Be that as it may I'm looking at the ethics of the crucible, is Leech allowed on Krakoa, can Fabian Cortez be resurrected? It seems that some mutants like Emplate,Selene and Proteus have been catered for but how do they treat guys like Leech and Fabian because in light of X-Men #7 it would imply they are Krakoans alright but they are a nuisance to the nation
    Aww ,come on everybody loves the cute little guy ! I'm sure he was the first to get an invitation.
    On a more serious note ,maybe he could be useful if Krakoa turned nasty.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Its interesting to me that people are automatically assuming broad based discrimination against certain types of mutants when that runs counter to everything we've seen and been told about Krakoa so far. And, for the record no, the "ban" on precogs isn't broad based discrimination, its done in secret, catering to one person and enabled by two more. To the best of our knowledge the rest of Krakoa isn't even aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Its interesting to me that people are automatically assuming broad based discrimination against certain types of mutants when that runs counter to everything we've seen and been told about Krakoa so far. And, for the record no, the "ban" on precogs isn't broad based discrimination, its done in secret, catering to one person and enabled by two more. To the best of our knowledge the rest of Krakoa isn't even aware of it.
    Yeah, that's a story waiting in the wings but not one currently playing out on the pages. The fans are getting ahead of themselves, and I'm sure Hickman is going to deliver that sticking point with the nuance and interest that he did the Crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think we forget just how charismatic Apocalypse could be. In a way, this feels eerily similar to how he got his Horsemen, which was to offer power to unstable but strong individuals.
    I was thinking the same thing. Hickmans' characterization of Apocalypse during this run has been outstanding(along with Magneto). Plus we know he going to be huge in this run, considering the fact he (Cypher not withstanding) has the deepest bond with Krakoa than any other mutant there.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This issue...wow. Art!
    Leinil Yu has been getting trashed on here, but he was excellent this issue. Hope he gets his respect. Probably his best work in this series do date. His version of Apocalypse is iconic.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Best issue so far. The title started off slow (but not bad), but issues 4-7 have been great.

This is the first time I've ever found Apocalypse interesting. That's a herculean feat in itself. And that scene with Warlock was very creepy. Can't wait for that subplot to come back around.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I don’t see Kurt turning away from his faith. I see him trying to reconcile it with the ‘miracles’ on Krakoa.
    Which is entirely justified, I think his only other option would be to turn his back on Krakoa and all his friends and family, and he doesn’t want to do that.
    Krakoans are already treating the resurrections with religious, ritual ceremony and I can see how difficult that would be for a Christian, for a Catholic, if the resurrections were handled purely as a medical procedure, while I think he’d still have valid questions, I don’t think they would have come to a head yet.

He feels he needs theological answers to his questions, not scientific, logical ones, and that the answers are not just for him but for everyone. I do hope he sets up a group of spiritual mutants to discuss this. We don’t need to see the discussion, but it would be interesting nonetheless.

Of course, we don’t know what’s going on inside his head, I’m assuming we’ll find out later down the line, but we do know Kurt and that his intentions will be honest and honourable and pure.
    Whether he can carry that through is an entirely different matter.

And how it will tie into the chimeras and Cardinal in the future. The sword Cardinal carries is the same one Kurt has in the summer Swords of X crossover, so this is a pertinent plot line.
    Yes, yes and yes. If written well, this could be a great journey for Kurt even if he ends up where he started.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, that's a story waiting in the wings but not one currently playing out on the pages. The fans are getting ahead of themselves, and I'm sure Hickman is going to deliver that sticking point with the nuance and interest that he did the Crucible.
    Just like how we have Hellions addressing the villains. Zeb Wells: "The book asks how the mutants with blood on their hands can possibly integrate in a civilized society. We'll see how others feel about sharing an island with them. A lot of mutants aren't happy."
    All in time. Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Leinil Yu has been getting trashed on here, but he was excellent this issue. Hope he gets his respect. Probably his best work in this series do date. His version of Apocalypse is iconic.
    Agreed. Beautiful work here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I don't know much about whether Leech was depowered,after M day but assuming he was and wants his power back as a means of self defence on Krakoa.Lets assume he was bullied by humans and that has carried over as an insecurity.What does Apoc and the QC do? Do they grant him his wish or he is denied as a useless to their cause or better yet just like pre cogs he is a weapon that could be used by the 'enemy' and so his wish to be what he was is denied? A similar example could be Fabian Cortez, if his power could supercharge powers beyond 'safe levels' and he was depowered is he a persona non Grata?
    Good question! I could see Leech being problematic for Krakoa. But as he gets older, I’m sure his control would get more refined, and he could be VERY useful as, say, a warden? Or bailiff to the Council? A mutant criminal is brought before the Council, Leech is there to make sure the criminal can’t use their powers to get away. He’ll, maybe he even negates the Council’s powers during sessions, to ensure no one messes with anyone else and to remind them for a brief time what it is to be human. I could see his powers being either REALLY useful to Krakoa’s culture...or really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    How can you fail the crucible?? All you gotta do is die
    I was thinking that ‘failure’ would be more along the lines of refusing to get up after being smacked down. Or giving up and quitting. Dying is success. Taking any of the outs that ***[A]*** gave Aero would be ‘failing’.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    As far as I know Leech was living with the Future Foundation kids and they are currently out in space.
    Last I saw Leech, in Avengers Academy (I'm sure he's appeared since, I just haven't been reading the Future Foundation stuff!), he still had control of his powers (which he did as a Morlock, IIRC), and could turn off his 'no powers' aura, or focus it on a single person (like Hazmat).

Fabian Cortez may already be alive again but who knows if he´s still on Krakoa or went somewhere else, he has a horrible relationship with the Acolytes after betraying them many times, with Exodus, with Magneto and the X-men, so there´s a possibility he went somewhere else or is keeping himself close to Emma since they recently worked together or Shinobi Shaw since they were partners on the Upstarts group. He´s supposed to be very rich so it would not surprise me if he has a home near Krakoa but also somewhere else.
    I would assume he's not welcome, but then I would have assumed that Sinister is even *more* not welcome, and there he is.

On the other hand, welcome or not, I wouldn't want to be mortal enemies with Magneto, and live on an island where he's one of the leaders and makes the laws and there's no cops and nobody would ever find the body after Krakoa digests it, if ya know what I'm sayin'...

Now that we are talking Acolytes would be nice to see Amelia Vogh again she used to have a close romantic relationship with Xavier back in the day and also was Magneto´s confident and second in comand with the Acolytes. She and Joseph I would like to see around Krakoa.
    So many Acolytes I'd love to see again. Unuscione and Frenzy, top of the list, but also Scanner, Chrome, etc.

Just not the Kleinstocks. Ugh. Those guys.

They can go join a team with Reaper and Wyldside of the M(nobody)LFs.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, no matter how you feel about faith personally, it's hard to really hate Kurt's faith. If he throws it away entirely, it wouldn't be a good thing and it would just bring up more questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I don’t see Kurt turning away from his faith. I see him trying to reconcile it with the ‘miracles’ on Krakoa.
    Which is entirely justified, I think his only other option would be to turn his back on Krakoa and all his friends and family, and he doesn’t want to do that.
    Krakoans are already treating the resurrections with religious, ritual ceremony and I can see how difficult that would be for a Christian, for a Catholic, if the resurrections were handled purely as a medical procedure, while I think he’d still have valid questions, I don’t think they would have come to a head yet.
    I really don't hate people of faith in general and am more tolerant than most but Kurt's continual religious pondering and fretting is especially obtuse after everything he's discovered over the years. And I don't think Aaron was garbage he actually made Kurt more at peace and was able to accept that his faith didn't have all the answers unlike before. It became a crutch again then.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-29-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Yes indeed Cyclops, that soon the world will go on being the world.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yes indeed Cyclops, that soon the world will go on being the world.

Don't worry Kurt this has happened before. Anyway, if Kurt evolves his opinion or explores new age spirituality which isn't unheard of I'd be a happy lady. Kurt has danced closely to being a non believer before or simply thought more outside the good book except Excalibur decided not to make him bitter.

Also, it may do well to get more chiming in and focus from Dust, Wolfsbane, Skin etc. or even Piotr to give a more non believer view. .

Am I the only one who giggles at the close-ups of the same image in panels? Artists need to stop that.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Don't worry
    Funny. Those words are what I’ve been repeating over and over throughout these seven issues. I wonder why that is?