Page 94 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1743
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Last I saw Leech, in Avengers Academy (I'm sure he's appeared since, I just haven't been reading the Future Foundation stuff!), he still had control of his powers (which he did as a Morlock, IIRC), and could turn off his 'no powers' aura, or focus it on a single person (like Hazmat).
    I liked the way Hickman wrote them on FF during his fantastic four run it would be nice to see Leech back always liked him.

I would assume he's not welcome, but then I would have assumed that Sinister is even *more* not welcome, and there he is.
    Agreed before Krakoa I could see Magneto tolerating Cortez but not Sinister but well here we are.

On the other hand, welcome or not, I wouldn't want to be mortal enemies with Magneto, and live on an island where he's one of the leaders and makes the laws and there's no cops and nobody would ever find the body after Krakoa digests it, if ya know what I'm sayin'...
    Yes I can see what you mean but Magneto already killed him once, my guess is that he´s out his system now and can stand to see him around Krakoa it´s Cortez himself the one I can see not liking to live on an island run by Magneto after he died on Genosha. He´s the kind of character who would love to propose a revolution on the Quiet Council I can even see him try this with Xavier, Magneto, Shaw or Emma but imo he would not dare with Apocalypse, one glare from him would leave him wanting to live somewhere else rather quickly imo XD. So I support the idea he lives part time on krakoa and on another place.

So many Acolytes I'd love to see again. Unuscione and Frenzy, top of the list, but also Scanner, Chrome, etc.
    Just not the Kleinstocks. Ugh. Those guys.
    They can go join a team with Reaper and Wyldside of the M(nobody)LFs.
    I would just like some of them to get more personality I miss Carey´s Frenzy and Scanner and Chrome and Amelia, would be nice to see them be happy on Krakoa for once.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-29-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The crucible is nothing more than ritualized assisted suicide dressed up in ceremony to disguise the fact Apocalypse gets to indulge his favorite past-time, killing people.

It's all OK though, because everyone gets resurrected.

It just makes sense that death would be beneath them now that mutants lives are one non-ending permanent vacation on a tropical paradise with endless delicious food, fantastic housing and beautiful weather year around.

The one downer is that they have nothing worth buying anywhere now that they all are super-wealthy. The only drawback I guess, of living a life billionaires would envy.

If Krakoa ever falls, I imagine it will be at the hands of Thanos for insulting his eternal love, death.

Extraordinary Member

Rereading this issue, I really did love Kurt's speech about how hurting yourself hurts the whole world.

A bit cheesey, sure, but it brings to mind just how dangerous these violent acts are, even if actual death is no longer a concern.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post
    The crucible is nothing more than ritualized assisted suicide dressed up in ceremony to disguise the fact Apocalypse gets to indulge his favorite past-time, killing people.

It just makes sense that death would be beneath them now that mutants lives are one non-ending permanent vacation on a tropical paradise with endless delicious food, fantastic housing and beautiful weather year around.

The one downer is that they have nothing worth buying anywhere now that they all are super-wealthy. The only drawback I guess, of living a life billionaires would envy.

If Krakoa ever falls, I imagine it will be at the hands of Thanos for insulting his eternal love, death.
    Huh, I never thought about that. Thanos would hate the ever loving hell out of Krakoa wouldn't he?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Why would Death be insulted?
    It's not as though HiX-Man made EVERY person in the MU immortal...just the handful (in comparison) of mutants. She has all the flatscans to herself to play with when they die.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Why would Death be insulted?
    It's not as though HiX-Man made EVERY person in the MU immortal...just the handful (in comparison) of mutants. She has all the flatscans to herself to play with when they die.
    Nobody said Death would be offended. We said that Thanos would take that as an insult to death.

Thanos is the definition of "Doesn't actually care about what Girl he likes cares about, just what he thinks she cares about."

I never understood why She tolerates him. He is such a self-absorbed jackass.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

He's a good attack dog when necessary. Like Cancerverse would have been a much worse time for 616 if she didn't have Thanos around.

If nothing else, I suppose he is quite capable of filling her pantry.

Mighty Member

Because she loves manipulating people as Cosmic Ghost Rider will attest.

And here I thought they would go for a spiritual/power healer to reconnect the M-day mutants to their powers, similar to Korra at the end of Season 1/beginning of Season 2, if the depowered mutants were ever addressed.

Boy did Hickman address it.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

O
    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Don't worry Kurt this has happened before. Anyway, if Kurt evolves his opinion or explores new age spirituality which isn't unheard of I'd be a happy lady. Kurt has danced closely to being a non believer before or simply thought more outside the good book except Excalibur decided not to make him bitter.

Also, it may do well to get more chiming in and focus from Dust, Wolfsbane, Skin etc. or even Piotr to give a more non believer view. .

Am I the only one who giggles at the close-ups of the same image in panels? Artists need to stop that.
    I can’t see Kurt ever losing his spirituality, it’s in his nature.
    Losing his faith however...
    And he’s not setting out to undermine his current beliefs, he’s just aware he might. Kurt is a very self aware character, very sure of his place in the world and Krakoa has thrown all that in the air.

He’s not doing it out of ego, which is one good thing.

Re the reuse of panels, yes it’s annoyingly. Yes I always notice but at least in your example above Yu adds some hatching lines on the faces around the mouths, as he pulls in the shot. His are is excellent throughout this issue.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 03-01-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post

Or maybe the Krakoan Dream will be killed by... Deadpool! Maybe Death herself will ask him to do it!

Spectacular Member

Death and Phoenix are closely related. Death once saw jean and Rachel as a man, and gave them help respectively. I don't think he felt offended

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    And here I thought they would go for a spiritual/power healer to reconnect the M-day mutants to their powers, similar to Korra at the end of Season 1/beginning of Season 2, if the depowered mutants were ever addressed.

Boy did Hickman address it.
    its like that, but more metal