Page 95 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1743

s anyone happy with "House of X"?

Issue #7 of X-Men is insane. The supposedly wondrous mutant nation of Krakoa has always looked racist and culty, but now it's one step away from becoming a sadistic death cult.

Hickman's writing is just odd -- it's like a talented scifi writer with minimal understanding of comics or the X-Men characters took over the book. However, Hickman's been writing comics for years. I could see a writer deciding that the status-quo of the X-Men had to be given a swift kick in the pants, but in Hickman's book very few of the characters even sound like themselves!

I mean... it's not all going to resolve with some kind of "and it was all a dream"-ending? Right? You could make an argument for that with the idea that if Moira's killed, then the current reincarnated timeline (I'm not sure what the heck to call it) will vanish. That's stated pretty explicitly in one of the House/Power of X books.

To me just about all of the characters in this run are being treated badly at worst and oddly at best. Logan is actually coming off best because he's the only one expressing common-sense doubts of what the mutant-society of Krakoa is and where it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post

Issue #7 of X-Men is insane. The supposedly wondrous mutant nation of Krakoa has always looked racist and culty, but now it's one step away from becoming a sadistic death cult.

Hickman's writing is just odd -- it's like a talented scifi writer with minimal understanding of comics or the X-Men characters took over the book. However, Hickman's been writing comics for years. I could see a writer deciding that the status-quo of the X-Men had to be given a swift kick in the pants, but in Hickman's book very few of the characters even sound like themselves!

I mean... it's not all going to resolve with some kind of "and it was all a dream"-ending? Right? You could make an argument for that with the idea that if Moira's killed, then the current reincarnated timeline (I'm not sure what the heck to call it) will vanish. That's stated pretty explicitly in one of the House/Power of X books.

To me just about all of the characters in this run are being treated badly at worst and oddly at best. Logan is actually coming off best because he's the only one expressing common-sense doubts of what the mutant-society of Krakoa is and where it's going.
    I even remember times when Logan showed his dislike of a situation in a more spectacular fashion…
    Let's say there are people who have no problems, few problems and a lot of problems with the way the X-men are portrayed in this run. I belong to the last category.
    Usually, people in these forums belong to the first and second category because the ones who belong to the third have gone off a long time ago.
    Last edited by Zelena; 03-01-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Yes. According to the polls often run here, the majority of posters are happy with it. I am one of them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

The franchise overall hasnt been this healthy since before House of M. And if we want to be honest since the 80s.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I am ecstatic with everything I've been reading so far...especially XM, M, XF. And XM 07 in its entirety is another addition to the Emotional Moments thread.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Majority seems to be liking it, at least on this forum.

After this issue I really no liking this new status. Hickman is mostly a sci-fi writer that writes for plots and rarely writes for chaarcters, that is why seems like he doesn't know who x-men are.

Logan have been very vocal about Krakoa problems, now looks like Nightcrawler and Scott are having problems with Crucible

BANNED

reaches all over lol, most of us are happy and the sales and online engagment proves it, this issue is a direct reference to uncanny x-men 186 issue lifedeath where storm picks herself up from her depowerement and we get the best kurt wagner in years, hickman has a lot of knowledge of the x-men hes just not a hack playing that knowledge as the only defining trait to try to get nostalgia baiters to return, he's trying to make something new.

krakoa was never meant to be wonderous to humans, but to mutants, its a vibrant and flexible setting that is evolving in unpredictable ways.

It is meant to be alien and interesting, to make you question your point of view by shoving into your face all the questions and possibilities being imortal poses, and the new traditions that striking to us because violence and death are final to us, but not for mutants, not any longer.
    what you saw as barbaric i saw as empowering and impressive, to show this young woman who once trew herself off a window because she couldnt belve her gift was taken and then deal with the pain of having a piece missing, to get them back not in defeat but in power is an trancesdant story, but still inhuman in the best way possible.
    It's a mix of emotions and it forces you to ask the same questions kurt asks himself trough it.
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-01-2020 at 10:59 AM.

And I'll keep posting this quote until the cows come home.

Hickman, 2/28/2020 - "There's going to be a shift coming, and when that does it will kind of go back to a structure with what we're talking about: X-Men, heroes of Krakoa. Then other things will happen. I'm intentionally introducing individual elements that are going to get collapsed later. It's funny - I've done this trick before, but the X-Men fans don't read the other Marvel books I've done."

Some of us of course have read his Avengers and/or FF. In Hickman I trust.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Funny. Those words are what I’ve been repeating over and over throughout these seven issues. I wonder why that is?
    Probably to try to keep the hysterics to a minimum

Considering Hickman had 3 of his X comics in the top 10 I'd say a buncha people are.
    Always? It's been less than a year lol. Also noticed a words like "racist" and "cult" being thrown around but the situation on Krakoa doesn't fall under any of those words.

Eh to me Wolverine seems to be going through mild PTSD, being unable to sit still, searching for dangerous situations
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I even remember times when Logan showed his dislike of a situation in a more spectacular fashion…
    Let's say there are people who have no problems, few problems and a lot of problems with the way the X-men are portrayed in this run. I belong to the last category.
    Usually, people in these forums belong to the first and second category because the ones who belong to the third are gone off a long time ago
    uh huh??
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Majority seems to be liking it, at least on this forum.

After this issue I really no liking this new status. Hickman is mostly a sci-fi writer that writes for plots and rarely writes for chaarcters, that is why seems like he doesn't know who x-men are.

Logan have been very vocal about Krakoa problems, now looks like Nightcrawler and Scott are having problems with Crucible
    You didnt like it before this issie too as you ve been very vocal about. There's been pleeeeeenty of character moments throughout the run so far. And sales indicate its not only popular with this forum but with readers in general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Hickman, 2/28/2020 - "There's going to be a shift coming, and when that does it will kind of go back to a structure with what we're talking about: X-Men, heroes of Krakoa. Then other things will happen. I'm intentionally introducing individual elements that are going to get collapsed later. It's funny - I've done this trick before, but the X-Men fans don't read the other Marvel books I've done."

yeah krakoa isnt leaving but there will be shake ups on top of it, the nation is the table but the game is played on top of it

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    uh huh??
    1st category: ecstatic reader
    2nd category: annoyed but interested enough to read
    3rd category: disgusted and bitching about Hickman's use of X-men

Better like that?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    reaches all over lol, most of us are happy and the sales and online engagment proves it, this issue is a direct reference to uncanny x-men 186 issue lifedeath where storm picks herself up from her depowerement and we get the best kurt wagner in years, hickman has a lot of knowledge of the x-men hes just not a hack playing that knowledge as the only defining trait to try to get nostalgia baiters to return, he's trying to make something new.
    krakoa was never meant to be wonderous to humans, but to mutants, its a vibrant and flexible setting that is evolving in unpredictable ways.

It is meant to be alien and interesting, to make you question your point of view by shoving into your face all the questions and possibilities being imortal poses, and the new traditions that striking to us because violence and death are final to us, but not for mutants, not any longer.
    what you saw as barbaric i saw as empowering and impressive, to show this young woman who once trew herself off a window because she couldnt belve her gift was taken and then deal with the pain of having a piece missing, to get them back not in defeat but in power is an trancesdant story
    I was secretly thrilled when I read the issue title. (However, although it is quite a literal Life/Death in this instance I do think it subliminally references Life-death 2 UXM 198..."My body cannot fly...I soar higher than the stars!").
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-01-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    You didnt like it before this issie too as you ve been very vocal about. There's been pleeeeeenty of character moments throughout the run so far. And sales indicate its not only popular with this forum but with readers in general.
    Only sale sof hickman book have been really better, and from issue 4 to issue 5 it fell 13K

I still had some hope on the run, but this issue was the last I could take

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I read both and I still no trusting him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Only sale sof hickman book have been really better, and from issue 4 to issue 5 it fell 13K

I still had some hope on the run, but this issue was the last I could take
    The least popular book in this relaunch sold better than some flagships in the previous era.