Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Giant Size X-men - Jean Grey and Emma Frost SPOILER thread

This is an homage to the classic Morrison silent issue so Dauterman does most of the storytelling with his amazing art

2 kids are flying around Krakoa. One boy is startled when he makes a startling discovery....Storm passed out with a bloody nose

Within Krakoa, Jean and Scott are holding hands. She kisses Logan on the cheek, leaves the two men behind and joins Emma as they enter to find Storm on a flower like pod. Emma takes a swiff of her liquor and the two engage in a psychic entry of Storm's mind.

Im assuming they are Kenya and they come across two panthers. One has Storm's white hair and it asks ? + ? Friends? Jean makes an image of she and Storm reconnecting during Inferno and it pleases the Storm panther. Emma makes an image of when they swapped bodies and she attacked Storm and the panthers turn to serpents and attack her. She goes diamond amd fights back but its Jean that is able to save her by mind blasting it

The two ride on an elephant with butterfly wings and stop at a tree thats hit with lightning. Storm overlooks them as they enter the tree and go up a staircase with eyes. It collapses and the two women join forces and make a staircase of rocks. They come across a Krakoa pod and a flower emerges. Metal? Machine? The two tug on it but it has strong cable roots. A larger flower emerges with Storm there.

Jean is overjoyed to see Storm while Emma is annoyed. Jean approaches her friend but her skin comes off revealing a timer ticking down from 30. "Save Me" Jean hugs Storm and two women leave. Jean tells Logan and Scott that the Children of the Vault gave Storm a virus and that she is going to die in 30 days

Last edited by Havok83; 02-26-2020 at 06:43 AM.

The art was gorgeous but this just feels like a complete waste of potential. Having no dialog I don't think was the right choice. Also I'm still confused on some things. Why would Storm's techno virus or whatever not show up on a bio scan? And how would she know that she only had 30 days to live. I guess I just don't see why they had to go into her mind to find out this information. And is Emma stupid? It looks like she conjured up a memory of Xmen 152 when Storm was trying to find out if she was friend or foe. Way to unnecessarily antagonize.
    Last edited by Saturius; 02-26-2020 at 07:01 AM.

I was quite disappointed with this. Gorgeous to look at, but a 25 second read and I wasn't satisfied with the content of the story.

Heaven help me, Dauterman's bubble butts send me soaring.

I've not secured my copy yet -- several hours away -- but I will not be mad about the lack of dialogue.

This issue's flowing hair and buoyant booties will feed me for weeks.
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-26-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Well, at least the art was pretty. But meh.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I was quite disappointed with this. Gorgeous to look at, but a 25 second read and I wasn't satisfied with the content of the story.
    Yeah. The story and dilemma were kind of boring. What would have sold this issue is the interaction between Jean and Emma for the people that like that kind of stuff but without any spoken dialog this just feels like a waste of a giant size issue.

BANNED

Hadari Yao!

Jean saves Emma from the panther thing

Emma reacts quickly to shield them from Storms lightning by manipulating the shape of the tree

They both work together to get to Storm.

Very symmetrical issue would have preferred the dialogue tl be honest

I loved this issue. The art was amazing and Jean and Emma were great and both were portrayed equally capable and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Hadari Yao!

Galaxy Storm looks great

Yeah I feel the same as others. I went from "holy cow I want a hard copy of this work of art" to "meh" in like 10 pages. Very trippy and beautiful, but an absolute waste of storyline that might have been one page in another book.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Perhaps they could do a companion piece, featuring Scott and Logan talking while all this is happening. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean saves Emma from the panther thing

Emma reacts quickly to shield them from Storms lightning by manipulating the shape of the tree

They both work together to get to Storm.

Very symmetrical issue would have preferred the dialogue tl be honest
    I really liked that they worked together in this, as opposed to Morrison's issue. It showed that they grew past things and that they're better working together.

I loved the art (obviously) but I was expecting something more out of this.

MY SHOP DIDN'T ORDER ENOUGH

but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I hate dialogue-less books.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Wasted opportunity

LOL at everyone expecting more than Dauterman rising to the Quitely challenge. This was SOLELY made so Russell could stretch his wings as a storyteller. Brava my dude.