Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    her face and shoulder shrug were priceless.
    Yeah, that was a nice touch of honesty. "We weren't friends. But I'm here to help anyway."

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, that was a nice touch of honesty. "We weren't friends. But I'm here to help anyway."
    I'm not an emma like at all but her level of petty is really hilarious at times.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Default giant size jean grey and emma frost 1

Anyone else a little disappointed with this.I thought there would be words in this

No because we figured it would be a silent issue. It was an homage to a great X-men issue. While New X-men 121 is still my favorite between the two, I do think this issue was excellent. I loved that Emma did more than last time. Jean had great moments. Storm was great in that we saw her mental defenses. All in all it was beautifully drawn and it featured the three main X-women.

I loved seeing Jean and Emma using their powers together.

Mighty Member

I didn't know that.What was the X-men issue it homage

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I didn't know that.What was the X-men issue it homage
    It's an homage to Morrison's New X-Men #121. Friend, the moderators may combine threads so here's the original for ya!

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...SPOILER-thread
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

This is a total "you watched the movie adaptation, now read the real thing" moment.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The art was breath taking, that alone makes the issue worth a read. Sure the story was a bit dissapointing but it could have been worse, maybe a silent issue was what these characters needed to work together and avoid drama

I absolutely loved it. I bought it digitally and just kept zooming in on each panel, drinking it all up. Fabulous!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It was OK. I mean honestly I would've liked more dialogue or a book that took more than 30 seconds to read. Art was fantastic and I've looked at it quite a lot recently, but meh. Looking forward to Nightcrawler and Magneto! Who do u think'll be the last one?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I loved the issue. each lady got their due respect.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Anyone else a little disappointed with this.I thought there would be words in this
    No. I was a lot disappointed.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I would have loved dialogue between Emma and Jean (especially talking about Storm) but alas we didn't get that. We might get that in the Storm issues (but we don't know which characters it will feature - the artist is a big fan of Jean and Storm, and I think he loves Emma as well).

Hopefully in the future we can see more interaction between Jean, Emma, and Storm. Again the are arguably the main X-women (though Betsy and Rogue are up there as well).

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    No. I was a lot disappointed.
    Same. Even more so now that a little bit more time has passed. Just feels like a colossal waste of potential. Plus, I have never been a fan of homages, especially super blatant ones like this. This didn't meet or exceed the standard of what it was homaging which makes it even worse. Pretty art but that's it.

I loved it too! One of the things I liked most is that it is a homage to the New X-Men #121, but on the other hand it shows the transformed relationship changes between Emma, Jean, and Storm! Especially the ending when Jean and Emma join together to project their love to Storm when they realize what is truly wrong!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”