Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hickman would have provided him the layout of what he wanted to see executed no?

edit whoever is to be credited I loved it all. it was sooooo delicious. it met all my Hope's and then some!!
    Frost anticipated and protected them from Storms brain lightning after the elephant scene. Also the defenses targeted Emma as it viewed her as a foe which gave Jean an opening to dispose of it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Frost anticipated and protected them from Storms brain lightning after the elephant scene. Also the defenses targeted Emma as it viewed her as a foe which gave Jean an opening to dispose of it.
    those are true as well. I missed that detail about the brain lightning. thank you !!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's a fun issue and Dauterman's art is absolutely phenomenal, but I can't help thinking that a silent issue is a missed opportunity.
    The result is a nice throwback to a classic issue, but nothing that can stand close to the original. We would have been better served by an issue where the characters could have meaninful conversations so we could get a better idea of where their relationship is at.
    In the end we learned nothing new about Jean or Emma, it's just a very pretty and nostalgic exercise.

I mean, I guess they’ll just bring Storm back to life?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I mean, I guess they’ll just bring Storm back to life?
    But the Dragon Balls can't bring back mutants that have died bef- oh wait never mind.
    "Cable was right!"

There might be more to it maybe.

Eh. That just about sums this one up. I was ready and excited for a nice long read and I was done in 20 seconds. I thought my copy was missing the dialogue or something lol. The Scott/Logan/Jean/Emma thing still freaks me out a lot.

Shhh

Issue didn’t feel big enough to be honest. Kudos to Dauteran.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't know, I read the panthers as being a part of Storm's natural defense. They were testing to see if Jean and Emma were friend or foe, and they were pleased with Jean's response, but unhappy with Emma's. I guess them mutating could have been the virus, but I thought it was just Storm trying to keep them out after that moment.
    No, your right. It was Storm keeping them out by Emma showing showing the Lion their past issue that triggered an angry response. To which in Storm's Mental Defenses attacking. You had it right. Although, there were some instances where I do think the Virus did try to take over and attack Jean and Emma and then Storm kinda saved them in a way.

It's the part where they both entered the Big Boabab Tree.

The more I look at the issue the more I love it. We can always play the what if it was more game, but I appreciate the issue for what it is. I’m glad that Jean, Storm, and Emma got the focus for such a beautiful issue.

Not sure I was satisfied with a no dialogue issue. but Dautermann's art was stellar

BANNED

How are people saying they read this in less then a minute no wonder you disliked it if you didnt take the time to appreciate it.

This was really everything. Jean's special bond, Emma being virtually unable to hide what she feels Storm thinks of her, the white girls having each other back as they invade a black woman's mind and OF COURSE it is for her own good and they know better. Lots of interesting things to note.

Is it just me or does anyone else not see the issue with Storm having a virus that will kill her in 30 days? Because of the resurrection protocols, there’s not really any stakes here because even if they can’t save her, they can easily just resurrect her.

Also, why does Jean have this better outfit here but the Marvel Girl costume everywhere else?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    How are people saying they read this in less then a minute no wonder you disliked it if you didnt take the time to appreciate it.

This was really everything. Jean's special bond, Emma being virtually unable to hide what she feels Storm thinks of her, the white girls having each other back as they invade a black woman's mind and OF COURSE it is for her own good and they know better. Lots of interesting things to note.
    LOL that sounds so wrong when you put it like that.

The White Girls Invading a Black Woman's Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else not see the issue with Storm having a virus that will kill her in 30 days? Because of the resurrection protocols, there’s not really any stakes here because even if they can’t save her, they can easily just resurrect her.

Also, why does Jean have this better outfit here but the Marvel Girl costume everywhere else?
    I think it's more about the infiltration of the Children. There were a few mutants present so there could be concern that this virus is elsewhere and concern about what it can do to the person before the actual death.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!