Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    While riding side-saddle, just like a proper lady. LOL. LOVE IT!
    Lol, I only noticed this because you just pointed it out.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

Lol, I only noticed this because you just pointed it out.
    And I didn't see it until Strong Girl Daken posted about Emma's arm around Jean's waist!

I'm gonna have to reread this issue with a magnifying glass and really pour over each awesome panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    And I didn't see it until Strong Girl Daken posted about Emma's arm around Jean's waist!

I'm gonna have to reread this issue with a magnifying glass and really pour over each awesome panel.
    Enjoy! I've been studying panels since the release and it just gets better and better.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    nah it's just differences of opinion. what did you expect her to do after she experienced the death of her husband/true love/lovers/friend. As soon as he died the sentinels attacked her pod. so again that whole issue was bigger than making jean look like a badass going out guns blazing (even though I thought Hickman showed her in a good light considering the circumstances). it was about death and mutants being a married concept.

jean was already on her last leg though from the explosion that's the part I think some jean fans are not considering. as you stated the point of this issue was around death and how with mutants, everything always leads to it. if communicating with her team while transferring all this info on her own millions of miles away after nearly dying and then still being able to withstand the psychic feedback when feeling the deaths of her teammates isnt something to see the strength in her character, nothing would have satisfied her fans. What I imagine would have made this moment work for some was it ending zipping through space back to earth after defeating the sentinels and pushing the station in the sun by herself. that is just the reality here (I've seen a couple of jean fans say this) but when she is already near death does any of that even make sense?
    I expected a warrior's death. She was robbed of that.

Hey let's go into someone's mind and show their mind how much we hate each other nothing could go wrong. Smooth move Emma

yes boo. I'm curious as to what the elephant butterfly is supposed to symbolize? for me interpret to be ororo inner strength.snd beauty guiding them both to the place where her infection resides.
    I interpreted it as Jean using the material of Storm's mind to create something new. So the elements were already there (elephant = strength? Butterfly = Grace?), but Jean created an entity from those elements to help them navigate the mind. It's something only a strong telepath AND Storm's good friend could do.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I expected a warrior's death. She was robbed of that.
    how was she robbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I interpreted it as Jean using the material of Storm's mind to create something new. So the elements were already there (elephant = strength? Butterfly = Grace?), but Jean created an entity from those elements to help them navigate the mind. It's something only a strong telepath AND Storm's good friend could do.
    I like this interpretation.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

how was she robbed?

I like this interpretation.
    Everybody was going down, right? She simply should have gone down fighting. That's what I mean by like a warrior.

Everybody was going down, right? She simply should have gone down fighting. That's what I mean by like a warrior.
    I gotcha. I think to be fair though, husk, angel, and mystique didnt got out fighting. so it wasnt inky jean.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Hey let's go into someone's mind and show their mind how much we hate each other nothing could go wrong. Smooth move Emma
    Their minds were touching. She couldnt lie in that moment or pretend to be on good terms. And she didnt show her they hated each other, Storm's psyche asked them what they were to her so Emma showed her what to her was the most defining moment in their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Their minds were touching. She couldnt lie in that moment or pretend to be on good terms. And she didnt show her they hated each other, Storm's psyche asked them what they were to her so Emma showed her what to her was the most defining moment in their relationship.
    I'm glad you explained this. I was trying to make sense of why emma would go for that moment of all she has shared with her but your description makes sense.

BANNED

I gotcha. I think to be fair though, husk, angel, and mystique didnt got out fighting. so it wasnt inky jean.
    Of course Husk and Angel didn't go down fighting. They died before they could react to the situation at all. And Mystique only got caught/caught off guard because Xavier and Magneto are assholes, and even then, Mystique looked the challenge square in the face and didn't blink.

Yeah Emma was forced to be authentic for once and she oop
    Last edited by Strong Girl Daken; 03-03-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Of course Husk and Angel didn't go down fighting. They died before they could react to the situation at all. And Mystique only got caught/caught off guard because Xavier and Magneto are assholes, and even then, Mystique looked the challenge square in the face and didn't blink.
    wait you think they set up mystique?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Yeah Emma was forced to be authentic for once and ouch lol
    her face and shoulder shrug were priceless.

BANNED

wait you think they set up mystique?
    Depends on what you mean. They were all coming back from death regardless and they weren't intending for her to die, but she is being toyed with over her wife.