Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Visually stunning! But yes, there needed to be dialogue.

At first I thought Storm was being negatively effected by the TO virus that Cypher may have infected Krakoa with back in Powers of X #4, due to her connection with nature. I thought "Hey, what a smart way for them to to discover Doug's seemingly unnoticed actions"...but maybe it wont even be a thing?

Anyways, Dauterman wins!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

The art was so beautiful but otherwise this was overhyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

At first I thought Storm was being negatively effected by the TO virus that Cypher may have infected Krakoa with back in Powers of X #4, due to her connection with nature. I thought "Hey, what a smart way for them to to discover Doug's seemingly unnoticed actions"...but maybe it wont even be a thing?

Anyways, Dauterman wins!
    that would have been a cooler idea.

I also liked all the speculation that Shadow King or Nova had came for Storm

BANNED

This is Dauterman's issue more than Hickman's. The plot structure is a remake, a near beat-for-beat/panel-for-panel one of Morrison/Quitely's New X-Men #121, so the main differences are substituting Krakoa/Storm and the CotV for X-Mansion/Xavier and Cassandra Nova.

It's the art that really makes the issue shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post

Anyways, Dauterman wins!
    I just got my hardcover for HOX POX for my birthday this week and it was fun to notice all the little things Hickman is hiding and distracting us from now that Dawn of X is in full swing. But this was a big one for me. Chances are it's nothing, but he made sure to go out of his way to show that Doug infected Krakoa.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Logan's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    MY SHOP DIDN'T ORDER ENOUGH

but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I hate dialogue-less books.

I like silent issues myself, but for this one specifically, I wanted them to talk. Their interaction in X-Men made me want to see more of that in here, but alas, it was nowhere to be found =/

Like the others have said, the art was phenomenal . It gets an 8/10 from me . Hopefully the other giant size issues can bring a little bit more spice than this one .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean is overjoyed to see Storm while Emma is annoyed. Jean approaches her friend but her skin comes off revealing a timer ticking down from 30. "Save Me" Jean hugs Storm and two women leave. Jean tells Logan and Scott that the Children of the Vault gave Storm a virus and that she is going to die in 30 days
    I don't see why the Krakoans don't just kill Storm and then upload the pre-vault save file into the new Storm.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

So confused by "where was the dialogue" comments...have you never read New X-Men #121?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Logan's ass.
    Thicc Logan

Great art but I don't blame anyone for missing the dialogues. Even more for being Emma and Jean these two have great dialogues each time they interact with each other and that was left out this time which is a shame .

Or perhaps it was on purpose for the writers not to have to touch on a delicate subject involving the current romantic situation they share .

I was skeptical at first about an homage to the silent issue, but the issue itself won me over. I loved it! I’m a sucker for psychic mutants so seeing Jean and Emma in their element was a joy. I love these two being professionals and working together. I also love Storm and cannot wait for her issue.

As a Jean mega fan I loved all of her moments. Both Jean and Emma were shown as the powerful telepaths that they are. At least Jean got some dialogue even if it was major deja vu.

Edit: Have to say I’m disappointed by all the negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I was skeptical at first about an homage to the silent issue, but the issue itself won me over. I loved it! I’m a sucker for psychic mutants so seeing Jean and Emma in their element was a joy. I love these two being professionals and working together. I also love Storm and cannot wait for her issue.

As a Jean mega fan I loved all of her moments. Both Jean and Emma were shown as the powerful telepaths that they are. At least Jean got some dialogue even if it was major deja vu.

Edit: Have to say I’m disappointed by all the negativity.
    Agreed with all of this! The negativity at this point I guess we just have to expect, it's happening all over.

I loved it. But my I expected it to be primarily a homage.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    So confused by "where was the dialogue" comments...have you never read New X-Men #121?
    Yes, but this wasn't New X-Men 121. If you are going to homage something, at least make it interesting.

Plus, who cares if Storm dies? Was that the reason why this issue ended so abruptly? Because they'll just resurrect her the next day?