Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Great art work, but yeah this book needed dialogue. It could have been so much more than what we got.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jean Grey and the Audacity of this Blonde Bitch by J. K. Hickman.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Great issue loved the art. Could Orchis have been trying to create some sorta techno based telepathic virus to destroy mutants?Is Serafina carrying the virus?

Art was amazing.
    I loved all the details. Really great moment and art panels to choose from.
    Emma Response the panther/lion was perfect. And she stared back like ' and what'.
    Her mental defense may have only attack due to PTSD of that event.
    I love how Jean And Emma saved each other.
    Love the claustrophobia scene when the walls we closing in on them.
    And Damn ,Storm always look good in Gold.
    HAh Stormbot reference.
    8/10 she doesn't make it.

Jean was used really well. Jean's facial expressions and disply of emotions sold the story. Ororo facial expressions when she emerged was on point.
    Emma cold demeanor legitimize threats and tone.

I greatly enjoyed this issue. This was clearly all about showcasing Dauterman and way I see it mission accomplished. Plus it makes a lot of sense now why Storm will get the last Giant- Size issue. Great week for the X-books.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

This was a cute little callback to the Morrison issue.

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    This was a cute little callback to the Morrison issue.

oh that is really cute.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    So confused by "where was the dialogue" comments...have you never read New X-Men #121?
    To be fair, New X-Men 121 was a line-wide challenge to do silent issues. There's no absolute reason a telepathic rescue must be silent. We've seen countless other similar situations in X-Men stories before where the characters can speak. For those who said this issue would be a 'nostalgia wank' over NXM 121, I think they were proven to be correct.

The artwork(particularly the coloring) were gorgeous, but the story was a bit thin, made all the moreso by this issue being an almost page-for-page recreation of the Morrison/Quietly silent issue. I did like the subtle allusions to Ororo's claustrophobia(when they were buried in the stairwell), her pet-name from T'Challa(the white lion/lioness), and when the mental defenses attacked Emma remembering Uncanny 152, I actually laughed with delight. If you were coming to this issue for some spotlight for Jean and Emma, though, you would be sorely disappointed. I hope the Storm issue at the end of this series is better executed, with more dialog and story.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

The kiss between Jean and Scott in New X-Men #121 was intended to communicate the frostiness/coldness of their relationship whereas the one in Hickman's conveys warmth and trust between Jean and Logan, while Wolverine broods in concern.

The Red Dragon

Russell Dauterman is a god. His art, layouts and facial expressions are phenomenal. I was looking forward to Hickman actually given a voice to Jean so that was the biggest disappointment.

I wanted dialogue!!!!!!!

BANNED

If Serafina is in GS: Storm getting drawn by Dauterman I will simply lose my ****.

BANNED

emma shrug before the black lion is so funny before getting wrekted.
    I found it to be a visual masterpiece, the similarities betwen the two issues just highlight how things are difrent now.
    jean/logan/scott warmth and comfort.
    emma holding out her hand to jean.
    scott/logan sitting next to each other than apart

About ororo's mind, it was a masterfull showing of her mind and prime merch material,I love how it ties in to the children of the vault story and with giant sized : storm on the horizon, i cannot wait

The Red Dragon

Also it’s pretty subtle but during the scene where the blackness was swallowing both Jean and Emma, Jean manages just hold back more of the darkness while Emma is almost overwhelmed it. We even see Jean’s pink energy helping Emma’s opening before they combine their energies to escape.

Russell Dauterman’s expressions are also on point in this scene. When they combine their powers it looks like Emma is straining more.
    Last edited by Tank; 02-26-2020 at 04:08 PM.