Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

LOL...this image has me dying. Emma did not want to get her psychic clothes dirty. Jean is kneeling and all in that goo whereas Emma is hunches carefully as to not get any on her
    In this era, whenever Emma shows compassion towards Storm and the other X-Men, it just warms my heart. I got the feels with these panels. I believe that Emma was genuinely feeling for Storm’s terror, and wanted to show that she’s in the fight with the X-men for real now.

BANNED

I need...no. I require these two to draw and color more X-Women. Goddess!

Also, shout out to the team for Jean not looking utterly useless. 😂

I went with it and played something appropriately psychedelic in the background and it was nice. The lions were the best part, but the flowers, shattered staircase and body language were great too. I'm about to change music and look at it again.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 02-26-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure if this will get continued in X-men. We may have to wait for GSX Storm
    I either missed or forgot that that was going to be a thing. Either way I'm interested.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Dautermann's art is beautiful, but he's not even half the storyteller Quitely is.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I used to dislike his art but then I grew out of that. So what if its not conventionally "pretty"? Aesthetic = quality and Quietly is definitely a master of his craft.
    This. A thousand times this.

Whisper it but I find Dautermann’s characters too smooth and plastic, they look like dolls not people.

Amazing Member

For me Dauterman's art isn't as good as it used to be, in some of his panels the characters seem stiff and rigid and the way he draws faces is a bit weird at times.

I twas gorgeous, but disappointing. I was really looking forward to some insights into the relationship between these women and their perspectives on their new status quo.

Such a marked contrast from X-Men #7, where the men got to discuss heady concepts like self-determination, resurrection, and the existence of the soul, while in this issue the women were just eye-candy.
    Last edited by Ravyn; 02-27-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Unfortunately this does seem to be a weakness of Hickman as a writer. He is incredible at his morally-dark grey, intellectual male characters, but his female characters tend to underwhelm. His best female character to date is Valeria, but even she is mostly just another snippy morally-dark grey intellectual. His Sue in FF was given due as a powerhouse, but he didn't do much exploring her point of view in his original run with her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

O absolutely loved the issue. I never read the New X-Men issue this pays homage to so this was my first silent issue and I was blown away. Maybe because growing up I used to enjoy the radio shows which is the opposite, words and no visual. The art is absolutely stunning. 10/10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I either missed or forgot that that was going to be a thing. Either way I'm interested.
    Yup and Hickman hinted there would be a connection between this issue and Storm's.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    O absolutely loved the issue. I never read the New X-Men issue this pays homage to so this was my first silent issue and I was blown away. Maybe because growing up I used to enjoy the radio shows which is the opposite, words and no visual. The art is absolutely stunning. 10/10 for me.
    agreed boo!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

it wasn't very good in terms of story, imo. the comparison to the original morrison quitely issue makes it look bad.

I didn't really like it. It was too short. Not enough dialogue either. Meh.

X-men fans: Marvel is sabotaging the X-men by keeping Dauterman away from them

X-men fans after Dauterman draws an issue:

Quote Originally Posted by alexphantom View Post
    For me Dauterman's art isn't as good as it used to be, in some of his panels the characters seem stiff and rigid and the way he draws faces is a bit weird at times.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it wasn't very good in terms of story, imo. the comparison to the original morrison quitely issue makes it look bad.
    Considering they were working from such a potent playbook, yeah, this one does come across a bit underwhelming. Build on top of the past, don't just weakly imitate it. (It was very pretty, but the storytelling was a bit light overall.)
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!