Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think if we are to call people out we should be fair about the criticism. I think jean - considering how long she had been dead - most certainly deserved her moment to shine. however, this shouldn't have been at the expense of other characters. for instance, taylor wrote that storm should be able to kill herself with her own lightning bolt. ororo is immune to the weather and the effects of it so under no circumstances should she be hurt by her own lightning especially when nehzno easily tanked it.

next when their underwater base was under attack ororo and nehzno stood helplessly by until jean could transport them underwater even though ororo could have done the same thing on her own. jean, at that time, should have gotten the focus she needed but it doesnt make it right when other characters are made to look ineffectual. so I would challenge people who criticize certain fans for expressing their frustration to at least try to see where these fans are coming from.

now let's compare that to what happened in this giant size book.

even though ororo was incapacitated, her mind was still strong enough to resist the power of two immensely strong telepaths, one being an omega level telepath. both jean and emma got moments to shine while the strength of ororos mind was showcased. we didnt see this in red where storm wasnt even shown trying to resist the nanite in her brain. so fans wont cry foul when their faves are represented in a good light.
    Storm was being minc controlled via the nannites. Her objective was to kill all mutants and since she was one, she took that instruction quite literal. She was on autopilot and not even in her right mind, so she trying to commit suicide via her main form of attack, shouldnt be a slight at the writer nor was it something that went against continuity. We never saw her hit with the lightning, so its not like he made it canon there that her lightning does hurt her. I remember the hoopla when that issue came out but it was blown out of proportion and ultimately did nothing to damage Storm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm was being minc controlled via the nannites. Her objective was to kill all mutants and since she was one, she took that instruction quite literal. She was on autopilot and not even in her right mind, so she trying to commit suicide via her main form of attack, shouldnt be a slight at the writer nor was it something that went against continuity. We never saw her hit with the lightning, so its not like he made it canon there that her lightning does hurt her. I remember the hoopla when that issue came out but it was blown out of proportion and ultimately did nothing to damage Storm
    And it didn't have anything to do with Jean.

As has been said in other threads, Storm doesn't get any plan because the editors aren't interested in her. Jean is in that same boat, ironically. I don't even know where people get the idea that Storm is somehow limited by what is done with Jean. Not only are the characters not tied to each other in that way, but Jean went unused for like 15 years (because of the character Jean is unfortunately tied to) and Marvel still didn't go out of its way to hype Storm, not even a little bit. Even the recent time she got to lead the X-Men was all about her failing and never looking cool. That's all because there was no interest on editorial's part in making Storm look good. A Jean vs Storm thing shouldn't even be entertained, to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    And it didn't have anything to do with Jean.

As has been said in other threads, Storm doesn't get any plan because the editors aren't interested in her. Jean is in that same boat, ironically. I don't even know where people get the idea that Storm is somehow limited by what is done with Jean. Not only are the characters not tied to each other in that way, but Jean went unused for like 15 years (because of the character Jean is unfortunately tied to) and Marvel still didn't go out of its way to hype Storm, not even a little bit. Even the recent time she got to lead the X-Men was all about her failing and never looking cool. That's all because there was no interest on editorial's part in making Storm look good. A Jean vs Storm thing shouldn't even be entertained, to be frank.
    Look Gold had 36 issues without Jean. Marauders there isn't Jean in sigh too

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    you're missing the point. I'm not going to derail this thread any further about discussion of red as the book is cancelled. but just to clarify if Taylor wanted to have storm kill herself he could have had her shot lightning at the tree and it fall on her or have her try to take a knife and stab herself. regardless if she was hit with lightning or not she still believed she could kill herself with lightning, which canonically is false.

what red didnt do wheras giant size did was manage to showcase the strengths of Jean and emma while not diminishing ororo strengths. as I've said, if writers dont want fans of popular characters to offer criticism they have to work to do better when they are dealing with characters who are not their faves. hickman favorite of the three is emma but I wouldnt be able to tell that reading this issue. it was well-balanced
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-01-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

the difrence storm is a key presence, leader and characther that deserves 10 times what she has because of her immense potential and characther reach in pop culture, jean is an overglorified fridge girl that was gone for years witout any damage to the line since shes a two trick pony. dying and cosmic turkey.

the two are not the same and you cannot compare where you cannot compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the difrence storm is a key presence, leader and characther that deserves 10 times what she has because of her immense potential and characther reach, jean is an overglorified fridge girl that was gone for years witout any damage to the line since shes a two trick pony. dying and cosmic turkey.
    Sales went downhill without Jean, specially when Fraction was mocking Jean fans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Sales went downhill without Jean, specially when Fraction was mocking Jean fans
    and yet her return was outsold by kwannon, seems to me people got over it because she isnt that important or interesting.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the difrence storm is a key presence, leader and characther that deserves 10 times what she has because of her immense potential and characther reach in pop culture, jean is an overglorified fridge girl that was gone for years witout any damage to the line since shes a two trick pony. dying and cosmic turkey.

ferro you are truly a blessing to this forum. goddess be praised.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

ferro you are truly a blessing to this forum. goddess be praised.
    Like when we ask is because storm deserves it, jean being alive is a blessing and a matter of time until she goes fire canary again.

Question

I love Jean. And Emma I like what is necessary.
    but the subject seemed boring and unnecessary.

seriously???
    The Xmen have become an absurd sect, where death no longer has one real sense, and care about Storm's life ????

Are they mentally retarded?
    it is not easier to kill storm at once, and resurrect it with the database they have of it.

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    I love Jean. And Emma I like what is necessary.
    but the subject seemed boring and unnecessary.

seriously???
    The Xmen have become an absurd sect, where death no longer has one real sense, and care about Storm's life ????

Are they mentally retarded?
    it is not easier to kill storm at once, and resurrect it with the database they have of it.
    its likely this virus is more tricky than that since she reveals it on a krakoan pod/ressureciton scene, making it seem like it will affect and corrupt the process

I think if we are to call people out we should be fair about the criticism. I think jean - considering how long she had been dead - most certainly deserved her moment to shine. however, this shouldn't have been at the expense of other characters. for instance, taylor wrote that storm should be able to kill herself with her own lightning bolt. ororo is immune to the weather and the effects of it so under no circumstances should she be hurt by her own lightning especially when nehzno easily tanked it.

next when their underwater base was under attack ororo and nehzno stood helplessly by until jean could transport them underwater even though ororo could have done the same thing on her own. jean, at that time, should have gotten the focus she needed but it doesnt make it right when other characters are made to look ineffectual. so I would challenge people who criticize certain fans for expressing their frustration to at least try to see where these fans are coming from.

now let's compare that to what happened in this giant size book.

even though ororo was incapacitated, her mind was still strong enough to resist the power of two immensely strong telepaths, one being an omega level telepath. both jean and emma got moments to shine while the strength of ororos mind was showcased. we didnt see this in red where storm wasnt even shown trying to resist the nanite in her brain. so fans wont cry foul when their faves are represented in a good light.

Friend, I love Storm.
    But this is not entirely true .At least in canon.
    There is evidence that Storm has been injured by lightning.

One of these obvious moments. In Sc, the nimrod rechannelled their rays and hurt her a lot, in fact Rogue had to arrive to relieve Other and help her.

Thats debateable. The time after Jean left the X-men were among the worst. There was a glaring hole felt by her absence

and yet her return was outsold by kwannon, seems to me people got over it because she isnt that important or interesting.
    It wasnt. Phoenix Resurrection was one of the best selling title when she made her return

its likely this virus is more tricky than that since she reveals it on a krakoan poder/ressureciton scene, making it seem like it will affect and corrupt the process
    Well is a option this