Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How tall is Emma? Jean looked a bit taller but Emma was using heels.
    Jean is pretty short herself
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-26-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How tall is Emma, Jean looked a bit taller but Emma was using heels.
    Jean is pretty short herself
    Emma canonically is 10 cm taller than Jean. But very few artists maintain canonical heights. Like, at least Logan is clearly shorter than Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    It's a good way to identify herself to Storm's mind.

The snake that attacked was probably the machine virus taking over.
    This is how I read it as well. She wanted to be sure "Storm" would recognize the truth of who she is.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Like many, I am disappointed that there wasn't any dialogue. Hickman writes such a good Emma that I wanted to hear her voice. That said, this issue impressed me more than I was expecting. The art is just so good and its so great to see Jean and Emma together. It was really smart of RD to suggest this kind of issue to Hickman because it really is a showcase of his work. The lack of dialogue is not as impactful as the Morrison issue, but the tribute to that era was and makes me hopeful for this new one.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't know, I read the panthers as being a part of Storm's natural defense. They were testing to see if Jean and Emma were friend or foe, and they were pleased with Jean's response, but unhappy with Emma's. I guess them mutating could have been the virus, but I thought it was just Storm trying to keep them out after that moment.

That diva with her flask kept me till the end, I enjoyed it, was expecting shadow king but ok...

Maybe this TO virus corrupts them and they can’t be resurrected...

Extraordinary Member

To be fair, Hickman was clear that these books are for the artists. The Marvel Method of comics was probably applied to save him time.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I must say as a storm fan Hickman knocked this out the park.

Lion reference to Marvel Team up 100 where Tchalla refers to Storm as his white lioness. Check

Inferno reference where Ororo is reunited with Jean after she returns from the "dead." Check.

Reference to Ororo not liking and not trusting that Emma bish after she stole and defiled the All-Goddess body. Check

Ororo having the willpower to resist the telepathic entry of her my mind by one omega level mutant and another really powerful telepath. Check.

Emma being shown not powerful enough to overtake Ororos mental defenses and having to be saved by Jean. Check.

We see ths symbolic display of ororos tranquil and divine mind in the form of a baobab tree with her headdress. Check.

This issue was everything and Hickman delivered I'm this issue beautifully. The art work was FABULOUS!!!!! IM JUST IN HEAVEN NOW.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-26-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Lmao some of y'all have been hyping this **** for months only to get this dry ass 30 second slideshow!! I almost feel bad! Seriously who's idea was this? It was good if your just in it to see pretty art.
    Last edited by Journey; 02-26-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lmao some of y'all have been hyping this **** for months only to get this dry ass 30 second slideshow!! I almost feel bad! Seriously who's idea was this? It was good if your just in it to see pretty art.
    Its definitely overhyped and my expectations were a lot higher

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I must say as a storm fan Hickman knocked this out the park.

Lion reference to Marvel Team up 100 where Tchalla refers to Storm as his white lioness. Check

Inferno reference where Ororo is reunited with Jean after she returns from the "dead." Check.

Reference to Ororo not liking and not trusting that Emma bish after she stole and defiled the All-Goddess body. Check

Ororo having the willpower to resist the telepathic entry of her my mind by one omega level mutant and another really powerful telepath. Check.

Emma being shown not powerful enough to overtake Ororos mental defenses and having to be saved by Jean. Check.

We see ths symbolic display of ororos tranquil and divine mind in the form of a baobab tree with her headdress. Check.

This issue was everything and Hickman delivered I'm this issue beautifully. The art work was FABULOUS!!!!! IM JUST IN HEAVEN NOW.
    I think this was more on Dautermann

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think this was more on Dautermann
    hickman would have provided him the layout of what he wanted to see executed no?

edit whoever is to be credited I loved it all. it was sooooo delicious. it met all my Hope's and then some!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hickman would have provided him the layout of what he wanted to see executed no?

edit whoever is to be credited I loved it all. it was sooooo delicious. it met all my Hope's and then some!!
    Possibly but I feel with this the artist had much more creative control. I wouldn’t be shocked if Hickman provided the overall plot but Dautermann had freedom to get this from point A to B using the NXM issue as a template

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Possibly but I feel with this the artist had much more creative control. I wouldn’t be shocked if Hickman provided the overall plot but Dautermann had freedom to get this from point A to B using the NXM issue as a template
    gotcha!!! im.just so happy. today was such a great day for storm.