Default The Superman: Red Son cartoon changes Diana's characterization from the comic

spoilers:
    When Diana and Kal meet each other at the gala, Kal moves in to kiss her, but Diana stops him. When he asks why, she responds "I'm from an island of all women. Figure it out yourself."

Just thought people here would like to know that.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Sounds like they took the original stereotypical portrayal of Diana ("lovesick for Superman") and traded for another ("angry lesbian").

But I never liked Red Sun's portrayal of Diana so...whatever.
    end of spoilers

Lol. I have no desire to see the movie but I like that exchange.

Also,

spoilers:
    She catches Superman's punch, so she's probably at least on par with him in the strength department, possibly more powerful.

On the other hand, they still have that silly scene when Batman manages to capture her. Since it doesn't make sense, they don't explain how it was done other than the lasso can bind her.

Oh well.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

WOW!! Thanks for the heads up about the movie!! I was thinking about buying the movie, not anymore! Not something I've be interested in seeing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    spoilers:
    Sounds like they took the original stereotypical portrayal of Diana ("lovesick for Superman") and traded for another ("angry lesbian").

But I never liked Red Sun's portrayal of Diana so...whatever.
    end of spoilers
    I felt the film greatly improved WW'S interpretation but they still make her a misandrist which is a no.

BANNED

Cliche Wonder Woman as supermanīs lover vs cliche Wonder Woman angry lesbian/bisexual "cause Iīm from an island of women despite mostly/all were adults when I born"... always hated WW from Red Son, now more than before.

De Matteis disappointed me this time...

I actually thought Wonder Woman was treated with more dignity here than in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Also,

spoilers:
    She catches Superman's punch, so she's probably at least on par with him in the strength department, possibly more powerful.

On the other hand, they still have that silly scene when Batman manages to capture her. Since it doesn't make sense, they don't explain how it was done other than the lasso can bind her.

Oh well.
    end of spoilers
    First sentence: that is my favorite scene and makes the entire movie worthwhile for me. And spoilers:
    Diana doesn't devolve into a weakling as she did in Millar's original. That the Green Lanterns being present and literally blown away by Wonder Woman's arrival to stop their confrontation with Superman was brilliant. Batman was pure nonsense per usual just like in the source material, so I ignored him.
    end of spoilers