Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Literally what was even the point of including Nova Roma in this issue? To show the fake Romans save the poor Brazilian mutants?
    The monsters that are keeping mutants away from the gates in Brazil have been established. Nova Roma is in Brazil. Magma, a New Mutant featured in this very issue, is from Nova Roma. It served as a way to bring her in, reference classic X-lore, and address the monsters in Brazil.

BANNED

Can anyone with a physical copy share the data pages? They (along with X-Force's data pages) weren't in the Comixology version.

Really ?!
    Thanks for the info, does it happens often ?

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They are awesome and I hope they go dark in the future
    They’ll probably stay shades of gray

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Can anyone with a physical copy share the data pages? They (along with X-Force's data pages) weren't in the Comixology version.
    Is that deliberate or an error? Because I've had to email Comixology a couple of times about goofs like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Well this book went downhill fast
    This is a perfect example of why the whole Krakoa thing would fall without Hickman. Even now, the line overreaches. This was a huge dropoff from last issue. I don't think I'll be following any more of Brisson's NM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Is that deliberate or an error? Because I've had to email Comixology a couple of times about goofs like that.
    An error. Comixology Support said they would fix it.

Mighty Member

This story was more interesting than the first Brisson's story of Beak and gang. The art sucks though.

Seeing a powerful mutant like Sebastian Shaw here was great rather than seeing all children as in the first Brisson story. But it is still an average book unlike X-Force and Marauders.

Marvel, Could we change the writer please?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    A Brisson issue and no sign of Glob? Such a miracle, let’s see how long he can do that.
    Let's hope Glob doesn't reappear ....

I am not keen on the twins or Armor either.

What I would like to see are all the New Mutants in the original 97 issues before Cable came in which includes Boom Boom, Skid and Rictor.

Having a few Gen-X is also fine.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-26-2020 at 06:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This is a perfect example of why the whole Krakoa thing would fall without Hickman. Even now, the line overreaches. This was a huge dropoff from last issue. I don't think I'll be following any more of Brisson's NM.
    Marauders and XForce have remained consistent and even Excalibur is taking off. The issue seems to be this particular creative team.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Marauders and XForce have remained consistent and even Excalibur is taking off. The issue seems to be this particular creative team.
    Agree. That's why we need a new writer and new artist if this doesn't improve in the next few issues.

We only have four pages of discussion here whereas X-Men #7 got 66 pages as of this moment.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-26-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Hickman's stuff and Marauders are the only ones that are GREAT. I wonder if there were fewer books if we'd get some of the bigger talent (including colorists like Matt Wilson and Marte Gracia) on the books. Would love to see the satellites not get filler content.

I'm going to give Brisson's next issue a shot. I've had no interest in these first issues of his, but I think part of the problem is that he's had to do a B-plot that absolutely doesn't touch or affect Hickman's NM stuff at all, so he had to do zero-stakes story. Which... yeah, these have been. But he'll have freedom to tell bigger stories and use more interesting characters going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm going to give Brisson's next issue a shot. I've had no interest in these first issues of his, but I think part of the problem is that he's had to do a B-plot that absolutely doesn't touch or affect Hickman's NM stuff at all, so he had to do zero-stakes story. Which... yeah, these have been. But he'll have freedom to tell bigger stories and use more interesting characters going forward.
    Thats a good point. Brisson's cast sucked. Im interesting in seeing what he is able to do with the A-list New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Hickman's stuff and Marauders are the only ones that are GREAT. I wonder if there were fewer books if we'd get some of the bigger talent (including colorists like Matt Wilson and Marte Gracia) on the books. Would love to see the satellites not get filler content.
    I find Marauders tiresome in its execution and overall narrative. Excalibur isn't working correctly. Only X-Force has been consistently great outside of Hickman's work on X-Men and NM(which, to be fair, is actually a bit more variable than X-Force, but when he's great(like #4 and #7) he's a few notches above X-Force). This idea of nation building is tricky work, and most of these writers don't have a good handle of it. Can you imagine Excalibur under Hickman? Or FFvsX-Men? His ideas are too big for the others, besides Percy, it would seem.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!