Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Not bad but also not great. A lot of fake points in NM(I mean the data pages), one page introduces one thing in detail, and then next issue that thing got totally destroyed without any performance(both Death commando and Bohem cartel), I don't know the meaning of those detailed introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm going to give Brisson's next issue a shot. I've had no interest in these first issues of his, but I think part of the problem is that he's had to do a B-plot that absolutely doesn't touch or affect Hickman's NM stuff at all, so he had to do zero-stakes story. Which... yeah, these have been. But he'll have freedom to tell bigger stories and use more interesting characters going forward.
    I disagree. The other team was in space. That gave Brisson plenty of freedom to do whatever he wanted with the B-team back on Earth. His only real limitation is that he couldn't use the characters Hickman chose, but it's not like there weren't tons of cool mutants to choose from among the Sextant.

This book could be perfect for exploring the Sextant and using all the generations of young mutants, but as long as Brisson is the writer we’ll get Armor, Glob and the twins with some additional characters aside from Hickman’s cast, without making the few chosen characters interesting or memorable, and that’s a shame. He had the chance but he’s basically just repeating what he did in his NextGen series and disassembled. This is so unoriginal and wasted potential, I agree this book needs another writer.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I disagree. The other team was in space. That gave Brisson plenty of freedom to do whatever he wanted with the B-team back on Earth. His only real limitation is that he couldn't use the characters Hickman chose, but it's not like there weren't tons of cool mutants to choose from among the Sextant.
    I agree in part, but "cool" is in the eye of the beholder, and for reasons that continue to escape me (because the writer has yet to really demonstrate why this affinity exists), Brisson really likes Glob and Armor out of the younger generation of students. I wager if he'd used characters I'm more fond of out of that generation, I would have had the same issue I had with NextGen - personality-free, generic voices for characters seemingly chosen only because they're visually distinct. That's a point I just need to accept with this writer and vote with my wallet when it looks like he's going back to those characters. NextGen was also another story where the stakes were ultimately pretty low and the writer was rather hobbled by circumstance, and I've liked Brisson's writing before in contexts where he's had a little more room to flex his muscles. Given that and the fact that I know he'll be working with characters I do like (Cypher, Chamber, Dani, Karma) and who have some mystery hooks in them (again Cypher, also Rahne), I'm willing to give him another shot, even if my hopes aren't exactly through the roof.

lol what a lame issue. they were like um i guess we have to deal with the crazy ramifications of what we just did ... lets almost discuss it and then fight sum baddies and then decide we're coping. but hey its comics so i digress. if you wanna do fun filler though,,,,make it a titch more fun pls

loved the part where they started ripping mfs in half. and sebastian's takedown of the cartel was absolutely pompous and ridiculous - so perfectly in character and bizarrely entertaining to read