Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 295
  1. #121
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Couple of questions I have...

    So did Kurt know that Sue was using her powers in the chamber? To me, he looked like he was telling Magneto and Cyke the FF are here.

    Emma now has access to Sue's mind. You know damn well, Emma is not gonna let that psi-link drop. Also, why would Emma entering Sue's mind cause her to "reboot"?

    Doom talking about knowing Kitty's powers better than she does. Red Flag
    Well, either Zdarsky is setting this up to be a chess match between Charles and Reed - or the X-men leaders are being written wrong. Magneto, Scott, Charles, and the rest present would have all anticipated the FF arrival on Krakoa. To say they got caught with their pants down is an understatement.

    The one thing you donít get a sense of is the time lapse between the video call and the council meeting.

    I still have an issue with the forced conflict. But again ... itís comics. In the end you hope the characters are written faithfully to their current respective series, but I think itís been a mix of hits and misses so far.

  2. #122
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    So does Dr.Doom, but I don't see Sue making a big stink about it. All in all this just shows that Sue doesn't know what she's talking about. So...mind ya Business Sue, mind ya Business.
    That's because they've dealt with Doom's diplomatic immunity for years and he does have legit standing as Head of State. He makes sure to keep that standing in the U.N.
    Sabretoothe has no known official title or whatever.

  3. #123
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,331

    Default




    The racism and xenophobia JUMPED OUT.

  4. #124
    "Berserker Claw!" Wild Fang X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    189

    Default

    The longer this series goes on, the less and less I respect the FF as characters, ESPECIALLY Richards. At this point, Franklin is better off on Krakoa and let Val get raised by Doom or Spidey. Either would prove a far better dad than Reed, especially with his and Sue's bigotry seeping out. If I were Peter Parker, I would be disgusted to even have associated myself with the FF and make sure that Spider-Man had nothing to do with the FF going forward. Also, trusting DOOM, of all people when all he wants is to regain the power he had in Secret Wars '15?!

    Smartest man in the MU, kids.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

  5. #125
    Mighty Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Well the series has gone as I have expected so far, Doom obviously is plotting and the bickering between both teams continues...also the X-men really can't stop provoking Sue apparently even when it isn't intentional.

  6. #126
    Ultimate Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    11,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    The longer this series goes on, the less and less I respect the FF as characters, ESPECIALLY Richards. At this point, Franklin is better off on Krakoa and let Val get raised by Doom or Spidey. Either would prove a far better dad than Reed, especially with his and Sue's bigotry seeping out. If I were Peter Parker, I would be disgusted to even have associated myself with the FF and make sure that Spider-Man had nothing to do with the FF going forward. Also, trusting DOOM, of all people when all he wants is to regain the power he had in Secret Wars '15?!

    Smartest man in the MU, kids.
    What bigotry?

    After x-men #7 I give all the reason to Sue and Reed

    Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post



    The racism and xenophobia JUMPED OUT.
    they aren't lying

  7. #127
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    What bigotry?

    After x-men #7 I give all the reason to Sue and Reed
    No shit...that Crucible nonsense..."You are human and pathetic. You must prove yourself worthy of getting your birthright back by fighting to YOUR death." If the cloning brings back powers why not just have their geneticists like Beast, Sinister, etc...just create a way to restore their X-Gene with a shot.

    10,000 (estimated) mutants living off Krakoa. I want to see their stories...and not as 'cautionary tales' about why mutants should all run to Krakoa. I want to see mutants living good lives and accepted by family and friends.

    Would love to see Valeria get her powers activated here. She is the same Valeria as Valeria von Doom/Marvel Girl.

    And quite frankly...the X-Men have allied themselves with the likes of Apocalypse, Sinister, Nanny and Orphan Maker, etc...they made their choice. They ain't the good guys anymore. They are a fascist state that protects the worst of the worst.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-26-2020 at 07:24 PM.

  8. #128
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    4,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And quite frankly...the X-Men have allied themselves with the likes of Apocalypse, Sinister, Nanny and Orphan Maker, etc...they made their choice. They ain't the good guys anymore. They are a fascist state that protects the worst of the worst.
    -- Didn't Reed Richards defend Galactus in a Trial?
    -- Didn't Reed Richards build a Gulag in the Negative Zone in appalling conditions to imprison without due-process superheroes during the Civil War? I seem to remember Susan Storm leaving him over that and joining Team Cap.
    -- That situation blew up and led to Norman Osborn becoming "Marvel Top Cop" a fact which he took responsibility for in Dark Reign: Fantastic Four, the start of Hickman's run on FF (and the start of Hickman proper in Marvel 616 since the stuff introduced there ultimately paid off in SW'15).

    And if Susan Storm cares so much about democracy,
    -- how come the Fantastic Four are so buddy buddy with the Inhumans of Attilan, who are not only an absolute monarchy but enforce a rigid caste system, and whose monarch is also a polygamist to boot?
    -- they occasionally pal around with Namor the Submariner, (and Susan Storm a little more than that), absolute monarch over the Kingdom of Atlantis?
    -- Are first-name basis with King T'Challa, who ruled over Wakanda under the divine right of kings. In the case of the latter, TNC had them transition to constitutional monarchy, but still the FF supported Wakanda for decades when it was an absolute monarchy. And Susan Storm even went skinny dipping with the king at once, IIRC.

    Krakoa isn't a democracy...right now. Because it has a Provisional Government, common to all nations in periods of founding. For instance the USA wasn't a democracy in the period after the Revolution, it was run by a loose government called a Confederation (not the one that came later in the Civil War) and most of them weren't really democratic, or effective. Krakoa doesn't have a caste system like the Inhumans, nor does it practice bloodline royalty or divine right of kings like Wakanda. And once the provisional government solidifies and finishes the institution building phase, it will transition to democracy.

  9. #129
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well the series has gone as I have expected so far, Doom obviously is plotting and the bickering between both teams continues...also the X-men really can't stop provoking Sue apparently even when it isn't intentional.
    Well, that’s all on Sue. If she wasn’t an easily provoked Karen, maybe she’d have more friends.

  10. #130
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    No shit...that Crucible nonsense..."You are human and pathetic. You must prove yourself worthy of getting your birthright back by fighting to YOUR death." If the cloning brings back powers why not just have their geneticists like Beast, Sinister, etc...just create a way to restore their X-Gene with a shot.

    10,000 (estimated) mutants living off Krakoa. I want to see their stories...and not as 'cautionary tales' about why mutants should all run to Krakoa. I want to see mutants living good lives and accepted by family and friends.

    Would love to see Valeria get her powers activated here. She is the same Valeria as Valeria von Doom/Marvel Girl.

    And quite frankly...the X-Men have allied themselves with the likes of Apocalypse, Sinister, Nanny and Orphan Maker, etc...they made their choice. They ain't the good guys anymore. They are a fascist state that protects the worst of the worst.
    I didn't see anywhere that he called humans pathetic. So why use quotations?

    Don't you think from the moment Wanda cast her spell that they tried to figure out a way to reverse it? We actually see it on the page over and over again.

    And I'm going to become known for these words but, re-read Powers of X #2 to understand why the villains are on the island. If you didn't read it, I'd suggest you do before giving that complaint again.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  11. #131
    Cosmic Sandwich Metal Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    174

    Default

    This was just okay. Mind you, I'm still siding with the Fantastic Four's points here (they're not a democracy, they're not heroes any more than actors for self-interested nation state (a major difference) but this issue was just kind of dull. That said, look at how upsetting that Crucible stuff is to folks like Wolverine or Kurt. Can you imagine word of that getting out to the rest of the world? Parents like Sue would kill you before you ever seduced their kid into going somewhere like that.

    I do wonder how they're going to reconcile Krakoa demanding other countries respect their sovereignty and borders while they themselves don't by having multiple portals from in each country on Earth. Has this been touched on at all?

  12. #132
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I didn't see anywhere that he called humans pathetic. So why use quotations?

    Don't you think from the moment Wanda cast her spell that they tried to figure out a way to reverse it? We actually see it on the page over and over again.

    And I'm going to become known for these words but, re-read Powers of X #2 to understand why the villains are on the island. If you didn't read it, I'd suggest you do before giving that complaint again.
    the quotation was more about emphasizing what crucible was....not what he specifically said. Sorry for any confusion. The fact is Apocalypse was basically belittling her for having lost her power.

    They had a way to bring all the mutants powers back...Wanda was going to do it in Childrens Crusade. She re-powered Rictor. But Cyclops and the X-Men show up to kill her and didn't want to hear a thing about it.

    And I get why they did....but it is a cop out. They are allied with murderers, kidnappers and sadistic a-holes. They act like genetic supremacists with their 'mutants are superior' crap. And then act all surprised that people who trusted and respected them are calling them out.

  13. #133
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    This was just okay. Mind you, I'm still siding with the Fantastic Four's points here (they're not a democracy, they're not heroes any more than actors for self-interested nation state (a major difference) but this issue was just kind of dull. That said, look at how upsetting that Crucible stuff is to folks like Wolverine or Kurt. Can you imagine word of that getting out to the rest of the world? Parents like Sue would kill you before you ever seduced their kid into going somewhere like that.

    I do wonder how they're going to reconcile Krakoa demanding other countries respect their sovereignty and borders while they themselves don't by having multiple portals from in each country on Earth. Has this been touched on at all?
    You are aware America actively kills children too? And they're not brought back. Applies to the MU as well as irl.

  14. #134
    Proud Krakoan Jbenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    the quotation was more about emphasizing what crucible was....not what he specifically said. Sorry for any confusion. The fact is Apocalypse was basically belittling her for having lost her power.

    They had a way to bring all the mutants powers back...Wanda was going to do it in Childrens Crusade. She re-powered Rictor. But Cyclops and the X-Men show up to kill her and didn't want to hear a thing about it.

    And I get why they did....but it is a cop out. They are allied with murderers, kidnappers and sadistic a-holes. They act like genetic supremacists with their 'mutants are superior' crap. And then act all surprised that people who trusted and respected them are calling them out.
    Okie dokie then a cop out is your interpretation. I see it as Moira having learned that a united mutantkind is the only way left to hopefully ensure their people's survival.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  15. #135
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Okie dokie then a cop out is your interpretation. I see it as Moira having learned that a united mutantkind is the only way left to hopefully ensure their people's survival.
    All mutants united under one banner. The ‘good’, the ‘bad’, and the guys with the guns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •