Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Look, Galactus changes the reason he eats planets every five or ten years, let's not make this particular hill the one we die on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think he needs the planets to have life to feed him but I may be wrong. If not, by simple statistics, there are hundreds of uninhabited planets for each inhabited in the Marvel Universe, Galactus should hardly be a problem.

Like, he had several planets to choose from throughout the Solar System and chose the only one with people?
    The morality of eating uninhabited planets is also iffy. I mean Earth was uninhabited for a long time after the Big Bang and before natural selection kicked in.

Asking Galactus to eat uninhabited planets denies the possibility of natural selection from taking effect there.

Any way you look at it the FF are hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The morality of eating uninhabited planets is also iffy. I mean Earth was uninhabited for a long time after the Big Bang and before natural selection kicked in.

Asking Galactus to eat uninhabited planets denies the possibility of natural selection from taking effect there.

Any way you look at it the FF are hypocrites
    Nah, it's definitely better for everyone that Galactus eats Venus instead of Earth. However "Do not eat us, go eat a few Skrull planets" is definitely another issue. It is easy to make the Krakoa / Earth parallelism in this case, you choose your home instead of the people outside.

BANNED

Nah, it's definitely better for everyone that Galactus eats Venus instead of Earth.
    What if someday we find a means to terraform and colonise Venus? I mean the X-Men are using Krakoa habitats to successfully terraform a settlement on Mars and the Moon. They would definitely see a single uninhabited planet swallowed by Gally as loss of land and resources that humans and mutants could use. Such land could also become homes for refugees fleeing Thanos among others.

What if someday we find a means to terraform and colonise Venus? I mean the X-Men are using Krakoa habitats to successfully terraform a settlement on Mars and the Moon. They would definitely see a single uninhabited planet swallowed by Gally as loss of land and resources that humans and mutants could use. Such land could also become homes for refugees fleeing Thanos among others.
    Yeah, but a potential resource is less valuable than current lifes.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

How are the handling they extremely low level of oxygen on Mars?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wait so why did Duggan make him the Planet Eater again in Infinity Wars?
    Because the status quo has more might than a million exploding suns.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    How are the handling they extremely low level of oxygen on Mars?
    Plants generate oxygen so Krakoa can probably terraform Mars without problem.

Anyway, there are already places in Mars with oxygen in Marvel, just like in the Moon.

Mighty Member

If anything, Galactus eating planets is the ultimate form of Natural Selection since he is a force of nature and thus choses who lives and who dies.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "Franklin, we will 'cure' you only if you show your fealty to mutantkind through Crucible! Get ready to be gored for the - your greater good" and other unpleasantness.
    The pretender god being tossed into the Crucible and dying a terrible death is one I would enjoy seeing. It will at least get me a laugh at his misery.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 02-27-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The pretender god being tossed into the Crucible and dying a terrible death is one I would enjoy seeing. It will at least get me a laugh at his misery.
    Franklin is not powerless...all he would have to do it think it and Apocalypse would be laid flat.

BANNED

If anything, Galactus eating planets is the ultimate form of Natural Selection since he is a force of nature and thus choses who lives and who dies.
    Galactus chose to eat Earth and Reed disagreed with the laws of natural selection then. You can’t say Galactus is necessary and say eating Earth isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Franklin is not powerless...all he would have to do it think it and Apocalypse would be laid flat.
    Actually I would love to see Franklin's powers come back during the fight, Franklin's toy weapons defeat Apoc and his war weapons, says thank you to the X-Men and then walks away back with his family to the Baxter Building.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Actually I would love to see Franklin's powers come back during the fight, Franklin's toy weapons defeat Apoc and his war weapons, says thank you to the X-Men and then walks away back with his family to the Baxter Building.
    That would be cool. I remember during Dark Reign when Norman Osborn was top dog he barged into the place and thought he was going to act all tough. Franklin just wished his toy cowboy gun was real and shot him in the shoulder, This article has the scenes: Norman Osborn vs the Fantastic Four Kids

Spectacular Member

Plants generate oxygen so Krakoa can probably terraform Mars without problem.

Anyway, there are already places in Mars with oxygen in Marvel, just like in the Moon.
    It’s a little more complex than that ... plants need CO2 to generate the air we breathe, so there has to be a sufficient amount of CO2 in the atmosphere among other things.

To be honest, I think Krakoa is playing everyone, and only Doug knows.
    If Krakoa feeds on mutant energies, then it has an infinite supply of them as more come to the island and can be resurrected in a matter of hours.

I think Krakoa plans to envelope the Earth, then will be like Ego, traveling the universe and gobbling up any unfortunate souls who come to visit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    No toy gun...just his finger. Walks in, points his index finger and drops his thumb like the hammer of a gun. Apocalypse is not dead....but hurt and bloody and needs to be carried out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That would be cool. I remember during Dark Reign when Norman Osborn was top dog he barged into the place and thought he was going to act all tough. Franklin just wished his toy cowboy gun was real and shot him in the shoulder, This article has the scenes: Norman Osborn vs the Fantastic Four Kids
    Franklin is stone cold when he needs to be.