Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Agreed. Banking on the sting(?) of psychic intrusion to startle Sue awake? Clever! Sometimes Reed earns his moniker. Other times...yeesh.

Anyway, I wonder what Emma left behind in Sue’s mind, tho...speed of thought trumps speed of hand, and all that...
    I hope she did and they didn't use the confrontation just to showcase how smart Reed is. A well written White Queen would have left something in there. If she didn't make a strategic move, she should have least given Susan an extremely embarrassing nervous twitch.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Couple of questions I have...

So did Kurt know that Sue was using her powers in the chamber? To me, he looked like he was telling Magneto and Cyke the FF are here.

Emma now has access to Sue's mind. You know damn well, Emma is not gonna let that psi-link drop. Also, why would Emma entering Sue's mind cause her to "reboot"?

Doom talking about knowing Kitty's powers better than she does. Red Flag
    The script made it look like Kurt (and Scott and Eric) realised as he spoke that the FF were there.

I was confused by the Emma/Sue ‘reboot’ too.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope she did and they didn't use the confrontation just to showcase how smart Reed is. A well written White Queen would have left something in there. If she didn't make a strategic move, she should have least given Susan an extremely embarrassing nervous twitch.
    Imagine if Emma accidentally - or on purpose... - unlocked the Malice personality...

Xv4-2: Rise of the Super-Karen!
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-27-2020 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Imagine if Emma accidentally - or on purpose... - unlocked the Malice personality...
    I was thinking more of a "Everytime you have sex with Reed you will scream Namor's name" kind of deal, but that would work too. Val was very scared of Sue when she displayed her Malice persona.

I was thinking more of a "Everytime you have sex with Reed you will scream Namor's name" kind of deal, but that would work too. Val was very scared of Sue when she displayed her Malice persona.
    Lol. Oh man...that is very fitting, considering her past creative use of her powers.

Astonishing Member

So business as usual?

Sue's Taste would be very questionable if that is the case, lusting after Target brand Aquaman, when you have a man who can STRETCH and EXPAND ANY part of his body..... Basic Bitch Behavior......

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Sue's Taste would be very questionable if that is the case, lusting after Target brand Aquaman, when you have a man who can STRETCH and EXPAND ANY part of his body..... Basic Bitch Behavior......
    Sue's taste would be questionable even without that.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So business as usual?
    Nah Sue would never admit to lusting after Namor. And Reed's ego is to fragile to accept it.

Auntie Emma loves to break a marriage, so I can see her doing that to Sue for the laughs.

But Chip is being so uncreative so it'll probably lead to nothing.

Also, Namor is HAWT and we cannot deny that. This is the one thing I cannot blame Sue for.

Screenshot_20200226-180548_Instagram.jpg

Reed could never pull this look off.

Also, Namor is HAWT and we cannot deny that. This is the one thing I cannot blame Sue for.
    The appeal of the Masters swimmer… Just a fantasy.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This has been painful to read. Like, the 4F plan makes no sense, it makes no sense for anyone to trust Doom, nothing makes sense. The ease with which they have infiltrated Krakoa is just stupid.
    Honestly, this whole Krakoan run has made little sense to me...like some sort of fever dream where everyone is recognizable by appearance, but does nonsensical things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They aren't tried to rule the world.
    Grammar is a bit off, my dude, but I get your point. In any case,
    A) The Inhumans are a society several times more abhorrent than Krakoa, and yet the Fantastic Four never said a word against them.
    B) Krakoa isn't trying to rule the world.

Black bolt only has a romantic relationship with Medusa. The rest is for diplamatic reasons
    Still polygamy.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    1. Galactus is a vital natural force necessary for the continuation of the universe.
    So why doesn't Reed let Galactus consume the Earth since it's so necessary for the continuation of the universe. If Galactus doesn't have to consume the Earth and the universe is still running, then Galactus doesn't have to consume period.

2. No, prison 42 was actually very comfortable. You just couldn't leave, because it was a prison. Reed was not the warden of Shawshank penitentary.
    No he was worse, because you could escape the Shawshank.

The Inhumans are no longer ruled by their former royal family.
    They were for a significant stretch of time and in that time, not a peep against the caste system of Attilan.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    As for how Reed acted in Civil War, I lay that one at Millar's feet.
    I agree but the story still stands.

JMS was getting frustrated with this kind of thing happening to the FF in crossovers so wanted to be taken off the Fantastic Four. Luckily, the late Dwayne McDuffie did a decent job fixing some of the fallout from Civil War when he was asked to write the FF by Tom Brevoort before the Millar/Hitch run would start.

Quote from JMS: "I’m all for crossovers if they benefit the individual books. But it was feeling more and more like the individual characters were being bent towards the event in ways I didn’t think were appropriate. I mean to make Reed Richards a bad guy in Civil War… I just never bought into that. And that Captain America would surrender to a mob? I never bought into that. The more you have characters doing things that they wouldn’t do, because you want it for an event, I just had an increasingly hard time with that. And you can see why after a while, I pulled back from that."
    Man I miss JMS.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Man I miss JMS.
    I doubt he's coming back too. A shame.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Where does social change come from in the real world. Peaceful protest against injustice like MLK and Gandhi. Thru legislation like the 14th and 15th Amendments and the Civil Rights Act. Thru the courts like Brown vs Board of Education or Loving vs Virginia. Aside from 2 trials for Magneto (one that he rigged by mentally assaulting the justices to vote non guilty) and Wither put on trial for killing his father (where Donald Pierce's FBI agent nephew stood up for him) I do not recall this ever being tried in the comics. And there have been several instances where they had the opportunity...but it is cooler to run off and be outlaw vigilantes.

In fact I would say that throughout their history the X-Men have actually done a serious amount of harm to their cause. Acting in secret. Breaking into NORAD. The original X-Men reforming as X-Factor and running their 'mutant hunting' operation.
    lmao the naivety of this post. Let’s trust the courts that did Dredd Scott, Plessy v. Ferguson and Shelby County!!!