Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Personally I’m more of a F4 guy then an X-men guy as far as likability goes. The X-men as a whole just aren’t as likable to me especially lately because they’re all either coming off as creepy at times or just too villainous to enjoy. I get that this is an X-men board so it’s going to be a pro X-men crowd but yea, I’m much more on the side of the F4 in this entire conflict.

As for the issue. Damn I’m loving this series. Chip is nailing it as he does with everything. Loved the fight sequence and the amount of respect Sue gets. Far too often she gets lost in the shuffle of powerful characters when in actuality she is one of the most OP characters in Marvel. Also Doom was so on point. Really wishing this series was longer because i could eat this up for much longer.

thinking about poor chip zdarsky trying to choreograph a coherent action sequence between an entire nation and four people....you did your best king

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    thinking about poor chip zdarsky trying to choreograph a coherent action sequence between an entire nation and four people....you did your best king
    That's where he fucked up. All you need is Sue Vs Jean, Ben Vs Colossus, Reed Vs Cyclops, and Johnny Vs Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Honestly, considering Xavier's (and heck, Magneto, Emma, Cyclops and any of the rest of Krakoa's leadership) track record of keeping kids at his schools alive, would you want to send your child to him?
    ...well, when you put it that way...

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I like how quiet the pro Omega crowd went after Doom gave Bobby and Ororo an off-screen smackdown. They were getting a little cocky.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    So far I've been disappointed with this series. Plot is bad and forced. The idea that someone even as powerful as the FF can just hang out undetected in the quiet council chambers after Xavier's assassination is just a poor choice. Art is solid I'll say that but I just expected more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    I find myself agreeing with this commentary. You'd think after the events of the first six issues of X-Force and Excalibur, the Council and Cyke wouldve at least had some anti-infiltration protocols for the Quiet Council, at least. Old Cable would be so disappointed at the X-Men slipping like this, but if the X-Men were made to be remotely competent, that would kill the plot, simple as it is.
    I think that anything not being written by Hickman will suffer from this, I mean I could be wrong of course, but frankly X-calibur isn't really X-calibur, this mini feels so poorly planned it is not funny, Marauders only have just gotten my interest because they drowned Kitty and we are looking at the aftermath of that, don't really care to read Fallen Angels or New Mutants and X-force feels so and so. TBH X=men is teh only series i care for at this point despite it sometimes freaking me out...or maybe because it is freaking me out is why i like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I enjoyed this issue. Not sure I believe Kitty would be so easily persuaded to trust Doom, but whatever.
    Kitty in the Marauders? No, she wouldn't, Outside of that book? She's an idiot apperantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, but I've always found Galactus being vital to the universe to be bunk.
    It really depends on who is handling him, I mean Hickman making Galactus the Herald of Franklin was epic...Galactus being turned into a powerplant by Doom was stupid beyond compare.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    How are the handling they extremely low level of oxygen on Mars?
    That's a human concern. They're Mutants who are breaking ALL the rules.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Galactus chose to eat Earth and Reed disagreed with the laws of natural selection then. You can’t say Galactus is necessary and say eating Earth isn’t.
    The same argument was made to death during AvX. "The Phoenix force is the fire of evolution! How DARE the flatscans interfere!"

This is the marvel universe. If it ever comes down to man vs. gods, never put your money on the gods. That's an excellent reason for Magneto to quit calling himself one.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Enjoyed the issue. Sue was cool and Franklin listening to Doom is really stupid. But he's a stupid teenager so it make some sense.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope she did and they didn't use the confrontation just to showcase how smart Reed is. A well written White Queen would have left something in there. If she didn't make a strategic move, she should have least given Susan an extremely embarrassing nervous twitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Imagine if Emma accidentally - or on purpose... - unlocked the Malice personality...

Xv4-2: Rise of the Super-Karen!
    I think, and this is just me playing Devil's advocate here, adding Malice into the mix would be several levels of bad neither team wants...and that would not really help people side with the X-men if she were to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Why are we having a "Black Bolt is a polygamist and therefore evil" debate when Kid Cable is about to date all five of the Stepford Cuckoos?
    Because it's ok when a mutant does it apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, considering the bad blood between him and Joe Q. BTW what exactly does Joe do these days?
    Laugh at the hopes and dreams of the people who want OMD done with perhaps? Or maybe curse Nick Spencer for making them a couple again and give hope to the masses?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I like how quiet the pro Omega crowd went after Doom gave Bobby and Ororo an off-screen smackdown. They were getting a little cocky.
    To be fair, when was the last time they did anything that screamed "I am a Omega lvl mutant! FEAR ME!!!" Heck when was the last time Magneto did something Omega? So far the only Omegas i can see are Xavier, the Five, Moira and Apocalypse.

Also, it's Doom, so yeah i don't think they stood a chance either way. Heck for all we know his Sentinel's may actually stand a better chance than the Orchis ones.