Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

My guess is that Doom wants to "drain" Franklin more to power his Sentinels.
    I disagree. Doom isn't the type of person to hand divine cosmic power to machines unless he has a secret purpose like using Victorious as bait or it's absolutely necessary like his treatment of Molecule Man.

But seriously, if Franklin is so much as surprised by Doom's eventually betrayal, he should be picked up and tossed head first out the nearest window. I get he's not a genius, but he can't possibly be that dumb.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 02-26-2020 at 11:19 AM.

BANNED

This has a lot of the same issues Brisson NM have of not acknowledging whats been established in other books. I guess writers not as involved in DoX dont pay as much attention sadly.

Beyond that it was very mediocre. The only thing that can save this rn is the XMen adressing the elephant in the room of Dooms involvment in HoM and Decimation.

I think X-Men was just so good whatever hype this series had died got buried by Hickman, because this **** was dry in comparison.

BANNED

Partly true but even beyond that, its not like #1 was good either. Im not very familiar with Zdarsky writing but I was really expecting something more sophisticated. Lots of shortcuts for plot convenience. I realize the Dodsons are not helping elevate the story at all but still. Yawn.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think X-Men was just so good whatever hype this series had died got buried by Hickman, because this **** was dry in comparison.
    At least you all got 91 pages of BS out of it.
    "Cable was right!"

Doom helped Kitty last time, so him helping Franklin(if only to try to steal his power later?) seems fine to me. But I felt robbed we didn't get to see a confrontation between Doom and the Marauders(especially Storm) since the last issue seemed to set that up at the end(I guess she was still sleeping...?). And also disappointed they had Kitty having dinner with Doom and the kids in a page stolen from Storm's first dinner with Doom back in Uncanny 145.

Between that and all the Wakanda/BP drama between them, not having Storm respond to Doom directly is a huge missed opportunity and annoying. If you're not going to actually use Storm in the story, just don't even have her there. I was kinda interested in this story last issue, but this issue just sort of deflated any interest.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel the same. I read this one first then X-Men and Giant - I had totally forgot what happened here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Partly true but even beyond that, its not like #1 was good either. Im not very familiar with Zdarsky writing but I was really expecting something more sophisticated. Lots of shortcuts for plot convenience. I realize the Dodsons are not helping elevate the story at all but still. Yawn.
    His Invaders and Daredevil are a LOT better than this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think it's a canon of the type "let's never mention it again" like Spider-man and Sins Past.
    Nog really, Waid/Wieringo’s run is one of the most celebrated runs out there.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

His Invaders and Daredevil are a LOT better than this.
    And Two-in-One.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Doom helped Kitty last time, so him helping Franklin(if only to try to steal his power later?) seems fine to me. But I felt robbed we didn't get to see a confrontation between Doom and the Marauders(especially Storm) since the last issue seemed to set that up at the end(I guess she was still sleeping...?). And also disappointed they had Kitty having dinner with Doom and the kids in a page stolen from Storm's first dinner with Doom back in Uncanny 145.

Between that and all the Wakanda/BP drama between them, not having Storm respond to Doom directly is a huge missed opportunity and annoying. If you're not going to actually use Storm in the story, just don't even have her there. I was kinda interested in this story last issue, but this issue just sort of deflated any interest.
    Paying homage to that dinner with Storm, maybe -- but Doom has a history of inviting adversaries to formal dinners since the Kirby/Lee days. He just loves to show how civilized and above the rabble he is -- all while dining in full armor and mask.

Sue is sure leaning hard into ‘Karen’ territory, isn’t she? Casual unthinking racism, claiming she’s doing this ‘for the children’ while only serving her own ego, demanding to speak to Krakoa’s manager...

Next, she’ll be sipping a passion fruit iced tea while wearing Uggs, leggings, and a fleece-lined vest as she lords over all she surveys, content in her white privilege...

Astonishing Member

I feel like Valeria is more dangerous than Franklin despite not being a reality warping mutant.

Did anyone else feel the momentum of this like flatline? I have never cared about the Fantastic Four less.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Sue is sure leaning hard into ‘Karen’ territory, isn’t she? Casual unthinking racism, claiming she’s doing this ‘for the children’ while only serving her own ego, demanding to speak to Krakoa’s manager...

Next, she’ll be sipping a passion fruit iced tea while wearing Uggs, leggings, and a fleece-lined vest as she lords over all she surveys, content in her white privilege...
    zinderel, i missed you!!!!

Astonishing Member

I love how Rogue is in the background and does absolutely nothing. Like, she just need to touch Johnny or Ben. The only thing we see is Gambit throwing cards that do absolutely nothing.
    To be fair, he’s probably not trying because he doesn’t care about any of this silliness.