Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

RE: Black Bolt

Still polygamy.
    Legally, there's no issue, nor morally if it's OK with their culture. I.E. Saudi Arabia. Not mention numerous times in the Old Testament

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I agree but the story still stands.

Man I miss JMS.
    For sure. With just about anything that Millar did to a character at Marvel my canon is that character gets a "Get Out of Millar Hell Free" card, i.e Clyde Wyncham and The Master of Doom crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    But how does he know that there are bioluminescent spores on the island that would stick on them and make them visible? Which is also exactly how Magneto revealed them so it would have worked. That's just careless writing.
    you know comic book science.... He could have done a long range scan of the layout. I don't know if Reed has any orbital stuff going on still. Doom has satellites for such purposes (seen in Iron Man) no reason why Reed wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Sue is sure leaning hard into ‘Karen’ territory, isn’t she? Casual unthinking racism, claiming she’s doing this ‘for the children’ while only serving her own ego, demanding to speak to Krakoa’s manager...

Next, she’ll be sipping a passion fruit iced tea while wearing Uggs, leggings, and a fleece-lined vest as she lords over all she surveys, content in her white privilege...
    Doesn't matter how she looks, this whole situation happened because the X-Men tried to snatch one of her children away from her.
    She de facto has the moral high ground over the Kraked, it's on them.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Doesn't matter how she looks, this whole situation happened because the X-Men tried to snatch one of her children away from her.
    And they came almost into her house with a freaking army.

It's no mistake that this issue came out the same day as X-Men #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    you know comic book science.... He could have done a long range scan of the layout. I don't know if Reed has any orbital stuff going on still. Doom has satellites for such purposes (seen in Iron Man) no reason why Reed wouldn't.
    Yeah but it's still a bit of a cheap solution for me hahaha I would have rather seen a big plan from Reed on how to get into the island.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    They did not lol

The FF invaded a foreign country and they should be fined or prosecuted.

They did not lol

The FF invaded a foreign country and they should be fined or prosecuted.
    Nah they do that to Latveria all the time it's fine.

Nah Sue would never admit to lusting after Namor. And Reed's ego is to fragile to accept it.

Auntie Emma loves to break a marriage, so I can see her doing that to Sue for the laughs.

But Chip is being so uncreative so it'll probably lead to nothing.
    Emma would fail badly here. First of all because TPTB at Marvel wouldn't let that fly. Are you going to volunteer to be the one to crap on Stan and Jack's legacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Nah they do that to Latveria all the time it's fine.
    Privileged family will be privileged I guess lol

I hope the Hellfire Trading Company and Xavier's lawyers find a way to get back at them.

BANNED

Legally, there's no issue, nor morally if it's OK with their culture.
    So why is that courtesy, extended to Attilan and Wakanda in the past (and also Latveria in some instances), not extended to Krakoa by Susan Storm?Having "empty nest syndrome" is one thing, but then making ridiculous hypocritical statements of Krakoa that is disproportionate to their actions and saying they are "not heroes" simply because they are protecting a community who have survived multiple acts of genocide, calls into question your entire moral worldview and alliances.

If the FF have qualms about Krakoa, it begs the question why they were silent on Attilan, Wakanda, Atlantis? I mean it was always a problem that they railed about Doom being a dictator at Latveria while not batting an eye about those three decidedly non-democratic states, so that applies to Krakoa too. And of course, the Four themselves helped Doom regain power in Latveria when they toppled him one time and replaced him with someone worse...so it's like why are they so bothered with Krakoa then.

The only explanation seems to be the subtle mutant prejudice and distate of the kind that many well-meaning liberal people evince without knowing it.

For sure. With just about anything that Millar did to a character at Marvel my canon is that character gets a "Get Out of Millar Hell Free" card, i.e Clyde Wyncham and The Master of Doom crap.
    I like Millar's Marvel Knights: Spider-Man. When he's working and fenced in, he's good, great even. When he has his big concept ideas and allowed to run roughshod, he's bad.

Yeah, considering the bad blood between him and Joe Q. BTW what exactly does Joe do these days?
    I actually don't think there's real bad blood between him and Joe Q. JMS' much celebrated run on Thor happened after OMD.

I think JMS simply moved on from Marvel, satisfied with what he could do while he had the chance, feeling there wasn't much he could do in the setup that existed at the time, moving on to DC and writing on film and other stuff.

As for Quesada...he's been demoted from his previous position, and apparently is planning to get back to creator owned stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Having your underage children disappear is and freaking out about it is "empty nest syndrome."

I didn't like this issue, felt boring, ooc, the FF sneaking right into the council on an island with thousands of mutants with Sue being convieniently koed but came out fine anyway really took me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    This was just okay. Mind you, I'm still siding with the Fantastic Four's points here (they're not a democracy, they're not heroes any more than actors for self-interested nation state (a major difference) but this issue was just kind of dull. That said, look at how upsetting that Crucible stuff is to folks like Wolverine or Kurt. Can you imagine word of that getting out to the rest of the world? Parents like Sue would kill you before you ever seduced their kid into going somewhere like that.

I do wonder how they're going to reconcile Krakoa demanding other countries respect their sovereignty and borders while they themselves don't by having multiple portals from in each country on Earth. Has this been touched on at all?
    Gates are guarded by the military of most nations, as de facto frontiers. Passage however is allowed or not, depending where the countries stand with Krakoa.

Also, we know the gates can be torched or blown up, so it makes no sense that hostile countries like Russia or Brazil still harbor some of them on their soil since they Don't recognize Krakoa.

But that's another topic.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I didn't like this issue, felt boring, ooc, the FF sneaking right into the council on an island with thousands of mutants with Sue being convieniently koed but came out fine anyway really took me out of it.
    Same. It's difficult for me to engage in the convo when the source material is heavily lacking. Maybe next issue will rock and roll.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Having your underage children disappear is and freaking out about it is "empty nest syndrome."
    Those children did not disappear...they ran away from home precisely because Mom and Dad had severe "empty nest syndrome" and didn't want them to be mutant-curious. They wanted to prolong the fiction that Franklin was a human and not part of a species targeted for extinction multiple times and that they, as the most beloved superhero group in the MU, were dodging their responsibilities by going "Proud of my mutant son".

Ben Grimm pointed out that Reed "f--ked up" (all grawlixed out of course) and identified what Franklin's issues were. And as Peter Parker said, "Uncle Bens are never wrong".