Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Nah they do that to Latveria all the time it's fine.
    There was one time when they didn't get away with it. After Doom was sent to Hell in Unthinkable (and messed up Reed's face on the way down), Reed decided to go to Latveria and tear everything down and put himself in charge. (Authoritative Action arc) Nick Fury warned him that SHIELD was going to ordered by the U.S. government (probably the U.N. too but not sure about that) if he didn't step down. After it was all over, Reed and the Fantastic Four corporation had to pay a hefty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same. It's difficult for me to engage in the convo when the source material is heavily lacking. Maybe next issue will rock and roll.
    I thought the art by the Dodsons looked rushed too. But it was entertaining....but as just a diversion. I doubt it will go down as a classic unless something dramatic happens in the next two issues.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Gates are guarded by the military of most nations, as de facto frontiers. Passage however is allowed or not, depending where the countries stand with Krakoa.

Also, we know the gates can be torched or blown up, so it makes no sense that hostile countries like Russia or Brazil still harbor some of them on their soil since they Don't recognize Krakoa.

But that's another topic.
    Actually, I never thought of that ! If Russia doesn't want mutants leaving via the gates ,why not just destroy them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Actually, I never thought of that ! If Russia doesn't want mutants leaving via the gates ,why not just destroy them ?
    Because they are a bait to catch runaway mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because they are a bait to catch runaway mutants
    Correct. Capturing and experimenting on mutants, a favorite pastime for some.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So why is that courtesy, extended to Attilan and Wakanda in the past (and also Latveria in some instances), not extended to Krakoa by Susan Storm?Having "empty nest syndrome" is one thing, but then making ridiculous hypocritical statements of Krakoa that is disproportionate to their actions and saying they are "not heroes" simply because they are protecting a community who have survived multiple acts of genocide, calls into question your entire moral worldview and alliances.

If the FF have qualms about Krakoa, it begs the question why they were silent on Attilan, Wakanda, Atlantis? I mean it was always a problem that they railed about Doom being a dictator at Latveria while not batting an eye about those three decidedly non-democratic states, so that applies to Krakoa too. And of course, the Four themselves helped Doom regain power in Latveria when they toppled him one time and replaced him with someone worse...so it's like why are they so bothered with Krakoa then. The only explanation seems to be the subtle mutant prejudice and distaste of the kind that many well-meaning liberal people evince without knowing it.
    I will have to disagree with that last statement until I read the entire series. I don't see any prejudice here. And as I posted elsewhere, Sue's remarks read to me as her being highly concerned about granting diplomatic immunity to some insane killer like Sabretooth and not all of the X-Men. And she is questioning why Scott, Charles are sponsoring this. It would be like making Ted Bundy in charge of a sorority house. I have to say from this point on no one should have any complaints about Doom using diplomatic immunity.

You are forgetting that when Fantastic Four helped Doom out in John Byrne's story, he did use an inhibitor device that prevented them from attacking him. Then he took them to Latveria to have them see for themselves what a mess Prince Zorba made of things. So they cooperated with some degree of reluctance since they could not attack Doom while under his (somewhat limited) control.

As for the other kingdoms of the MU, wouldn't you have to agree that they were more benevolent than Latveria? I have no problems with that.

I like Millar's Marvel Knights: Spider-Man. When he's working and fenced in, he's good, great even. When he has his big concept ideas and allowed to run roughshod, he's bad.
    I actually don't think there's real bad blood between him and Joe Q. JMS' much celebrated run on Thor happened after OMD.

I think JMS simply moved on from Marvel, satisfied with what he could do while he had the chance, feeling there wasn't much he could do in the setup that existed at the time, moving on to DC and writing on film and other stuff.

As for Quesada...he's been demoted from his previous position, and apparently is planning to get back to creator owned stuff.
    I think JMS had his fill when Joe Q wanted his Thor run to sync up with Bendis's Siege. He gave notice that he was done with it and told him the annual would be his last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And they came almost into her house with a freaking army.

It's no mistake that this issue came out the same day as X-Men #7.
    "Franklin, we will 'cure' you only if you show your fealty to mutantkind through Crucible! Get ready to be gored for the - your greater good" and other unpleasantness.

I mean, it's possible Xavier suggest just that. Like Palpatine to Anakin in RotS: promises of power in exchange of fealty.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They did not lol

The FF invaded a foreign country and they should be fined or prosecuted.
    Pryde flew the kid to that gate herself. She's a snatcher.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    "Franklin, we will 'cure' you only if you show your fealty to mutantkind through Crucible! Get ready to be gored for the - your greater good" and other unpleasantness.

I mean, it's possible Xavier suggest just that. Like Palpatine to Anakin in RotS: promises of power in exchange of fealty.

Pryde flew the kid to that gate herself. She's a snatcher.
    I think that "spying" and "assaulting a high representative of a foreign country" is something far more serious than "kidnapping."

Like, Magneto could ask that Ben be extradited for punching him in Krakoa.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

So why doesn't Reed let Galactus consume the Earth since it's so necessary for the continuation of the universe. If Galactus doesn't have to consume the Earth and the universe is still running, then Galactus doesn't have to consume period.
    Read the cosmic stuff once in a while. If Galactus dies, a dude named Abraxas pops up and eats the universe. Galactus has to stay alive or everything dies. No, Galactus doesn't have to eat every world he comes across, yes he has to eat something or everyone's screwed.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Read the cosmic stuff once in a while. If Galactus dies, a dude named Abraxas pops up and eats the universe. Galactus has to stay alive or everything dies. No, Galactus doesn't have to eat every world he comes across, yes he has to eat something or everyone's screwed.
    But Galactus was the lifebringer for, like, a year without that happening.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Kind of sick of Wolverine getting to look good at the expense of Ben Grimm. Between the two of them, Logan should stand no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    But Galactus was the lifebringer for, like, a year without that happening.
    Being the lifebringer meant eating wasn't a necessity for him to stay alive. Abraxus only pops up if G dies. Ergo, when he's the Planet eater, he needs planets to eat.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Being fair, even if it is completely understandable, "You can continue to eat planets as long as it is not ours" is something difficult to defend from a moral point of view.

It's just like Krakoa but bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Being fair, even if it is completely understandable, "You can continue to eat planets as long as it is not ours" is something difficult to defend from a moral point of view.

It's just like Krakoa but bigger.
    You can lead him to some planets that aren't populated and hope for the best. I think if Galactus were given say, Venus for dinner that should satisfy him. But I am no astrophysicist so I have no idea whether or not that would put the rest of the solar system go fubar.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You can lead him to some planets that aren't populated and hope for the best. I think if Galactus were given say, Venus for dinner that should satisfy him. But I am no astrophysicist so I have no idea whether or not that would put the rest of the solar system go fubar.
    I think he needs the planets to have life to feed him but I may be wrong. If not, by simple statistics, there are hundreds of uninhabited planets for each inhabited in the Marvel Universe, Galactus should hardly be a problem.

Like, he had several planets to choose from throughout the Solar System and chose the only one with people?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Kind of sick of Wolverine getting to look good at the expense of Ben Grimm. Between the two of them, Logan should stand no chance.

Being the lifebringer meant eating wasn't a necessity for him to stay alive. Abraxus only pops up if G dies. Ergo, when he's the Planet eater, he needs planets to eat.
    Wait so why did Duggan make him the Planet Eater again in Infinity Wars?
    "Cable was right!"