Thread: Tenzin vs Iroh

Default Tenzin vs Iroh

The Dragon of the West vs the Son of Avatar Aang. Who wins?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Dragon of the West vs the Son of Avatar Aang. Who wins?
    Presuming in shape Iroh?

Iroh wins. Tenzin......Tenzin is kind of disappointing to be honest. He has like three awesome moments/feats (blasting that mech, fighting the group for a period of time, and......something else). Beyond those he...he kind of gets upstaged in direct fights a lot it seemed. Even his kids seemed more capable at times.

I like Tenzin as a character (and his voice actor), But Iroh should stomp him.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Presuming in shape Iroh?

Iroh wins. Tenzin......Tenzin is kind of disappointing to be honest. He has like three awesome moments/feats (blasting that mech, fighting the group for a period of time, and......something else). Beyond those he...he kind of gets upstaged in direct fights a lot it seemed. Even his kids seemed more capable at times.

If it means anything, Tenzin was also the first person in the series to beat Amon.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Presuming in shape Iroh?

Pretty much this.

For his time, Tenzin is an elite bender and exceptionally skillful. His fight with the Red Lotus is proof enough of that.

However, by the standards of Iroh's time, he's pretty firmly in the mid card while Iroh is arguably the best fire bender we see in the series. Benders in Korra were just less furiously optimised for combat and worked on a smaller scale than Aang's day. Tenzin puts up a good fight I don't see him being able to win this.

I would also love to see the two of them sit and talk over tea, I think that would be very sweet.