Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think Prodigy could put up a good fight.
    I wonder, has David gone through this? He seems like he wouldn't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I wonder, has David gone through this? He seems like he wouldn't.
    I'm thinking Jim Jaspers first of all he always liked faking he was human yet he was a mutant.Second I think Wanda's wave probably swept his universe as well.Lastly I think he has enough juice to even if significantly depowered to royal rumble with papa smurf

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What about Artie? Is he still a fake mutant? Are there not other 'fake mutants' who got their powers back by artificial means after M day? Blob, Iceman, Polaris? I can't keep track anymore.
    Lorna was confirmed as mutant in Five Miles South of the Universe. As in, she was detected as having an active X-gene. So unless the outcome is secondary to how the outcome is reached, Lorna isn't among this list.

That said, I see from several replies (haven't read #7, not going to) that Crucible is about surviving/facing death, and that's something Lorna did when she ran out in front of a Sentinel post-M-Day hoping that nearly dying would reactivate her X-gene.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

If they want powers all of them are going to past.

Astonishing Member

I think ink is definitely the best candidate,not a mutant himself but got powers from a mutant tattoo artist

Look at the list. And realize that I know maybe one or two characters.
    I guess that's what you get when you give up the book for many years, and come back for HoX-PoX-DoX. I'm lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can see Illyana signing up for The Crucible just to fight Apocalypse.

Illyana: Fight Me!!!
    Apoc: You already have your powers. Go away.
    Illyana: We'll come back anyway. Don't be such a pussy.
    Apoc:...
    Speaking of a Illyana, based on the combination of the last issue of Uncanny X-Men and the way that they go about restoring someone’s powers, there’s the implication that at some point between then and House of X, they would have had to kill Illyana as to fix her.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Look at the list. And realize that I know maybe one or two characters.
    I guess that's what you get when you give up the book for many years, and come back for HoX-PoX-DoX. I'm lost.
    More like all of the big name depowered mutants already got their powers back through tech, drugs, reality warping or Celestial engineering

BANNED

We can only assume that the previously unrevealed reason for the return of Prodigys powers is a result of Crucible. I really hope Leah Williams gets to do a deep-dive into some of the Academy X/New X-Men kids in her upcoming X-Factor title. With Elixir & Prodigy on the cast, it'd be a good place to feature Icarus, Surge, Wallflower & Wind Dancer, especially since they would be living together in the Akademos Habitat.

Abyss absolutely needs to go through Crucible so that he can join his brother in his newfound mutant faith.

Maverick, Shatter, Stacy X, Timeslip & Wind Dancer are the ones I'd most like to see resurface. Most of the notable depowered mutants had their powers restored by other means later on.

Angel Dust, Flex, Slipstream, and Wraith are the ones I think could maybe not pass. Maybe DJ or Freakshow.

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

The crucible is pretty stupid in my opinion. Apocalypse can easily restore the abilities of depowered mutants (like he did with Sunfire and Polaris). Killing them so that they can be resurrected with their powers is unnecessary and cruel.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

DJ died on the bus, so if he's back, he will have his powers.

Many others who were depowered, like Polaris, Moonstar, Rictor, Beak, all got their powers back over the years.

I would love for these characters to pass/be killed and get resurrected with their powers back: Scanner, Prodigy, Slipstream and Hub (does anyone remember her?)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

stacy would shivv apocalypse a couple of times before going down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I wonder on the off chance someone wipes the floor with Apocalypse what happens?
    they both die in honor

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Apocalypse would stab himself after seeing Sofia Mantegas new haircut
    She's not been seen for about a decade (which is at least two years even in comic book time), she's probably grown it back by now. She didn't choose to have short hair, it was due to a head injury, so I doubt she'd have chosen to keep it how it was in New Warriors after all this time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman