Default John Wick vs The Punisher (Netflix Version)

One round with weapons and with both having prep-time before the fight (less say a week)

Another round that is just hand to hand combat.

For what i remember of the two, i think that Wick migth had an slight edge on Frank but i'm not completly sure.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

John Wick is overpowered in his movies, Frank Castle not. He gets beaten up many times and suffers a great deal. So, with that in mind I would say John Wick kills him in no time, with or without weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    John Wick is overpowered in his movies, Frank Castle not. He gets beaten up many times and suffers a great deal. So, with that in mind I would say John Wick kills him in no time, with or without weapons...
    John Wick is overpowered in the sense that his durability is insane. In terms of skill Frank takes him apart easily. With weapons it's 50/50.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    John Wick is overpowered in the sense that his durability is insane. In terms of skill Frank takes him apart easily. With weapons it's 50/50.
    What do you mean with skill? His fighting is faster and more precise then Franks. I think he would beat him in a fistfight.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Wean is he over powerd by anyone?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wean is he over powerd by anyone?
    No, you misunderstand me. He is overpowered. He is too powerful, unbeatable, unkillable. He fights 30 foes and leaves with a few scratches. Thats what I meant by overpowered.

Astonishing Member

Wick has the advantage in having armor white Frank does not. Frank is in over his head with this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Wick has the advantage in having armor white Frank does not. Frank is in over his head with this fight.
    Err, sorry but Frank does have a bulletproof vest (with the skull and all).

Also, I think he is underestimated here, as while I agree that John is more skilled and should win a majority in the hand-to-hand fight, I'd say that in terms of physical stats, Frank has the edge, as demonstrated when he kept up with Daredevil through sheer physical strength, durability, and being fast enough to catch Matt off-guard with his backup piece. That would land him some wins.

For the prep fight, weapons are hidden everywhere in the Khazan arena on both sides, Frank hides some explosives as well (I don't remember John using them, but it wouldn't surprise me from him). I'd say Frank is quicker on the draw (see my argument with him surprising Matt above), but from what I remember, John is more accurate, I'd need to have compare both on this specific point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Err, sorry but Frank does have a bulletproof vest (with the skull and all).

Also, I think he is underestimated here, as while I agree that John is more skilled and should win a majority in the hand-to-hand fight, I'd say that in terms of physical stats, Frank has the edge, as demonstrated when he kept up with Daredevil through sheer physical strength, durability, and being fast enough to catch Matt off-guard with his backup piece. That would land him some wins.

For the prep fight, weapons are hidden everywhere in the Khazan arena on both sides, Frank hides some explosives as well (I don't remember John using them, but it wouldn't surprise me from him). I'd say Frank is quicker on the draw (see my argument with him surprising Matt above), but from what I remember, John is more accurate, I'd need to have compare both on this specific point.
    John's whole suit is tailored to be armored, and that won't stop a bullet between the eyes. Which is Wick's signature move.

Unarmed that'd be a good fight, that all goes in John's favor once he's in his suit and has a gun.

John's accuracy is super human. That's what he's going to put him over the edge, unless Punisher can blow him up or distract him.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I think that Frank is being a bit undersold here. His soak and toughness are definitely on Wick's level. His best foe, who he actually beats in HtH on an occasion or two, is Daredevil, who is miles beyond anyone Wick dominates, and who is better than anyone Wick beats even with problems.

Now, this is not to say that Frank wins - John is a very tough opponent who, for me, has some slight edges here in several aspects.

Strength/hitting force: I'd put them roughly at parity.

Quickness: I'd give Frank the slight edge, for his ability to stick with Matt to some extent. John never fights anyone on that tier of speed.

HtH skill: pretty equal

HtH mixed with guns/blades skill: Solid edge to Wick there - this is his signature combat style, and he's awesome with it.

Weapon accuracy: Edge, though not a massive one, to Wick - Frank's general style is to spray bullets to some extent, which is what you want to do with full auto weapons. John is generally more precise, although it's not like he's Bond from SPECTRE or Bourne, guys who hit crazy ultra-precise snap shots from range in insane conditions.

Standard gear: John's got a big edge: he's rolling with a suit made entirely of bulletproof materials.

Soak and toughness: Pretty equal here. They both keep on trucking through ludicrous beatings.

John is a bit taller and rangier than Frank, which is a slight edge as well in HtH when everything else is so close.

So... I'd place them pretty equal in unarmed HtH - John's edge in size, Frank's edge in speed, close skill - it's damn close.

John's edges in mixed fighting, accuracy, and a full-body covering bullet-proof suit will net him a bigger majority with guns, though it's definitely not 10/10 or anything. John will still die to a bullet in the brain, and Frank is very capable of getting a few of those.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I think that Frank is being a bit undersold here. His soak and toughness are definitely on Wick's level. His best foe, who he actually beats in HtH on an occasion or two, is Daredevil, who is miles beyond anyone Wick dominates, and who is better than anyone Wick beats even with problems.

Now, this is not to say that Frank wins - John is a very tough opponent who, for me, has some slight edges here in several aspects.

Quickness: I'd give Frank the slight edge, for his ability to stick with Matt to some extent. John never fights anyone on that tier of speed.

HtH mixed with guns/blades skill: Solid edge to Wick there - this is his signature combat style, and he's awesome with it.

Weapon accuracy: Edge, though not a massive one, to Wick - Frank's general style is to spray bullets to some extent, which is what you want to do with full auto weapons. John is generally more precise, although it's not like he's Bond from SPECTRE or Bourne, guys who hit crazy ultra-precise snap shots from range in insane conditions.

Standard gear: John's got a big edge: he's rolling with a suit made entirely of bulletproof materials.

Soak and toughness: Pretty equal here. They both keep on trucking through ludicrous beatings.

John is a bit taller and rangier than Frank, which is a slight edge as well in HtH when everything else is so close.

So... I'd place them pretty equal in unarmed HtH - John's edge in size, Frank's edge in speed, close skill - it's damn close.

John's edges in mixed fighting, accuracy, and a full-body covering bullet-proof suit will net him a bigger majority with guns, though it's definitely not 10/10 or anything. John will still die to a bullet in the brain, and Frank is very capable of getting a few of those.
    I like this analysis the best, especially when it comes to their soak, i always saw then pretty equal in that regaed, although i think that is worth to mention that Matt senses weren't completly recovered during their second fight, because of Frank shooting him the first time, so he had a handicap.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I like this analysis the best, especially when it comes to their soak, i always saw then pretty equal in that regaed, although i think that is worth to mention that Matt senses weren't completly recovered during their second fight, because of Frank shooting him the first time, so he had a handicap.
    Definitely agree for the note - I think Matt was a bit overconfident the first time and was still reeling a bit the second. I dont think Frank is actually as good as Matt, just that he's good and fast enough to stay close, and that can let you win a few when things go your way.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator