Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default X-Force #8 SPOILERS

We open up in London, where Domino has managed to track down her XENO-made double from the end of last issue, currently in the middle of trying to assassinate another pro-mutant politician. During the altercation, Domino manages to shoot and kill her doppelganger.

Later in Krakoa, Domino and Sage are with Cecilia Reyes as she performs her autopsy on the Domino copy's body. Domino and Sage believe that XENO has probably made more just like her, but Domino also thinks that just killing this one has already given back some of her luck, as she found a four-leaf clover earlier; thanks to her luck powers, they've grown around Domino all her life.

That night, Domino meets up with Colossus again as she goes for a swim. Piotr suggests that they let themselves drown in order to be resurrected without the memory of all the painful experiences they've had lately, but Neena refuses; she wants to remember all that she's gone through. Sage interrupts to tell Domino that, inspired by Domino's earlier story about four-leaf clovers growing around her all her life, she's managed to track down XENO's Domino factory by looking for places with an abnormal amount of four-leaf clovers--and she's found one in Russia, all along the Trans-Siberian train tracks.

Realizing that XENO's factory is aboard a train, Domino enlists Colossus to come with her onto another train that they've smuggled a gate seed onto. As the two trains pass by one another, Colossus hops over to XENO's with Domino in tow. Inside, they do indeed find the laboratory where XENO's been manufacturing their own private army of Dominos... along with said private army. As Domino holds her new-found fan club off, Colossus hops back outside the train and lands in front of it, bringing it to a sudden and painful stop.

Unfortunately, while Colossus's maneuver took out XENO's dollar store Dominos, Domino herself also been mortally wounded. As Neena lays dying, she begs Piotr to promise she won't forget anything when she's resurrected... and he agrees.

Finally, we cut to another meeting between XENO's leaders, where the Man with the Peacock Tatoo tries to assure the others that the loss of their lab and Domino army is a minor setback. But one mystery member, who has contributed many rubles (suggesting he's Russian) to XENO's cause, isn't having any of it. He easily throws aside Peacock Tatoo's enforcer when he tries to quiet him down, and suggests that it is time to make a declaration of war.

This issue's data pages deal with Black Tom Cassidy building the Green Lagoon tiki bar as a social hangout for Krakoa, and Beast's investigations concerning the Man with the Peacock Tatoo, including how his mask is made of the magical substance Labradorite.

Thank you.

Solid issue. I was moved by Domino dying. I know she's coming back, but It didn't make her death less sad or less emotional.

BANNED

I take back what I said, Colossus is a coward.

Thanks, Harpoon. I was getting close to starting this but I wouldn't have done as good as you. Dollar store Dominos LOL!

Great issue. Pretty damn creepy that they made a small army of Domino clones, considering Verendi was about to take the DNA from Kate's dead body. I get the feeling these group are working together.

I also got the feeling the man at the end might be Mikhail.

And finally, woah! My copy didn't have a data page! I just double checked and there isn't one. Gotta go back to my LCS and see if they have one with it. I've been excited to learn about more Krakoan businesses, and I love Labradorite.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I hope Tycon got his desired Domilossus content!!!

BANNED

I think maybe the mystery XENO Russian is Mikhail.

BANNED

I love that more then it being Omega Red but Mikhail was pretty pro mutant.

With Kitty out of the picture for a while, maybe Colossus and Domino will have a chance.

It is important to note that Domino wants to keep his bad memories instead of forgetting.

Humans killing humans for supporting mutants and some people still hope that Xavier's dream come true .

I won't be surprised if you are right about that. I just hope they actually tell a good story to explain why such a powerful mutant who is strong like Colossus, can teleport like Illyana, is a living energy weapon, and he has a power similar to the molecule man is teaming up with humans to do this. He's one mutant that truly shouldn't need anyone's help.

Oh wait, since he's not a telepath, he does have one weakness that could explain it all. If your prediction comes true, they can say his actions are/were the result of being under the control of the Shadow King, the other omega level mutant who has yet to appear on Krakoa.

Another death.

BANNED

If Mikhail is in this I demand a Marrow guest appearance.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Humans killing humans for supporting mutants and some people still hope that Xavier's dream come true .
    If this is supposed to be convincing enough argument that Xavier's dream is a stupid lie that will never be allowed to come true, why not just move the plot forward to a human genocide and be done with it?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    If this is supposed to be convincing enough argument that Xavier's dream is a stupid lie that will never be allowed to come true, why not just move the plot forward to a human genocide and be done with it?
    Because Encyclopedia Moira said war with humans will not ensure mutant survival. They don't want to fight humans.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I really did enjoy this issue a lot. Was nice to see Colossus finally start getting focus, and I like Sage also got a nice little moment to shine. As for the mystery Russian... has Mikhail ever been particularly wealthy? And would XENO even let a mutant in their ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    If Mikhail is in this I demand a Marrow guest appearance.
    I'd love to see some sort of Gene Nation reunion. Some designs in there I always really liked.

FINALLY...
    MIKHAIL. HAS COME BACK...
    HOME.

But for real, it's great to finally get Mikhail back in an X-Book and with that soft serve punk, Piotr, in tow. While I'm always down for a Rasputin sibs reunion, hopefully they become a heel stable a la '97 Hart Foundation, it's beyond time for a *PROPER* Morlocks reunion. We got Callisto in Marauders, now we need Caliban and my waifu, Marrow.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!