Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

She belongs with Sabretooth in the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Her brother, and the Beast. That's about all I remember. She didn't have any significant contact with Firestar and Justice when they were Avengers together (spending her time interacting primarily with Simon, and Vance and Angelica spending an extended time infiltrating another group, IIRC, so they had few chances to cross paths). Later she was on a group with Havok and Rogue, but other than Rogue constantly picking fights with her, and then eventually trying to kill her, I don't remember much interaction...

I don't see it as self-loathing, so much as not caring one bit about mutants as a culture or people or movement (but only as individuals), as her first introduction to that world was as part of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, an experience she doesn't seem to remember fondly, and which seems to have left her with little appetite for hanging out with groups of mutants, particularly groups of mutants that have welcomed Magneto for decades now ('cause she doesn't seem to like hanging out with Magneto...).

On the upside, Magneto doesn't ask her to do the sexy dance for him anymore.
    Lol. At least he didn't have any lustful thoughts about her.

Such a waste that they didn't really touch upon her being a mutant.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Reads dirty.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exoduscloak View Post
    yep, someone photoshopped that wanda kicking jean . They used the panel when she was hunched over after getting stabbed by wolverine in morrison run. The best of those memes
    ahahahaha i found some

BANNED

Icant ajajajja

BANNED

absolute gems, "Scarlet witch dancing memes" was suprsingly simple lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

Icant ajajajja
    Is this coming back? it was my fave thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Is this coming back? it was my fave thing.
    I guess? we have like inhuman era and rosecanny to fill with the scarlet's dancing contempt

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait. Does Wanda have any mutant friends.

I can't think of one mutant she interacted with since she joined the Avengers.

Is this some deep down self-loathing? That could be an interesting angle to see discussed.
    Out-of-universe it's really just because she and her brother were the first mutants ever to be moved out of the X-Men and into another book (Avengers). Because she became such a mainstay of the Avengers comic, she almost never talked to another mutant unless they were on the team, like Beast. And then the X-Men was revived and got popular, so there was almost never a mutant who was free to join the Avengers.

In terms of her place in the mutant community, there are two ways to read it and both are kind of true. She is someone from a minority group who doesn't hang out with that group very much. On the other hand if you look at her comics history she hasn't been the target of less anti-mutant prejudice than the X-Men, and even in the '80s outburst of anti-mutant hate, what happened to Wanda was actually worse than what happened to any of the main X-Men characters at the same time (her house was burned to the ground by anti-mutant extremists, who never got caught or punished for what they did). So you could see her as someone who simply believes she can do more as the public face of mutantkind.

The first issue of "Uncanny Avengers" had Rogue bring up that Wanda is the most prominent mutant who never joined an X-team. Unfortunately that issue sucked and this theme was never brought up again, and then orders came down that she was not to be referred to as a mutant any more. Let's not even talk about that.

But while people who enjoy hating the character can enjoy seeing her as the Uncle Tom of mutants, her fans are more likely to see her as just someone who just happens to be part of one private vigilante army instead of another one, whatever.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She had gotten control under the tutelage of Agatha. But Bendis forgot that. I think she should stay away though. Her being there is just antagonizing. If kids are that frightened of her it does no good. She had offered to repower mutants one at a time when she still had the life force, and Scott refused. So there's nothing she can do now without it.
    Wanda was completely ruined as a character from the moment they involved her with magic and Agatha Harkness. Her hex power , probability manipulation was a perfectly good , science based power. If she wanted help controlling it , she should have gone to Xavier.
    The Supreme Power books had a much more interesting version (can't remember her name) who altered quantum realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Wanda was completely ruined as a character from the moment they involved her with magic and Agatha Harkness. Her hex power , probability manipulation was a perfectly good , science based power. If she wanted help controlling it , she should have gone to Xavier.
    The Supreme Power books had a much more interesting version (can't remember her name) who altered quantum realities.
    I don't agree. I like the Chthon stuff. It's interesting that one of her enemies is responsible for giving her powers. Agatha was only there to teach traditional magic to control her natural powers. All that she has always been able to do is just under the umbrella of chaos magic.

She refused to join Xavier because it was still too close to Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    What this guy said.....

BANNED

spite aside, it’s a titanical task to even think of a story that would redeem wanda and seal that rift, one that is minimally satisfying on both ends . i simply don’t see it happening or the benefits of an attempt even.

If they were gonna attempt it, it'd have happened when she came back into comics during Children's Crusade. They had Scott turn that down, so likely never happening. It's been 10 years since that even happened. It's too long now.

I just don't see what Wanda could do at this point to make amends. She's not nearly half as powerful as she used to be, the bad blood runs deep, she was going to restore them originally in Crusade Cyclops, Doom, and Patriot fucked that up, plus she tried to help with the Phoenix situation during AVX brought back the mutant race, that wasn't enough. After a while she kind of just stopped giving a **** then trash AKA Axis happened and here we are she's seemingly moved on with her life while the mutants hold her in contempt. So I mean what can you do ya know?.....

Though in theory if Wanda, Strange, Magik, and Wiccan really set their minds to it I'm confident at the very least they could restore the powers of the depowered mutants thus making the crucible unnecessary. However the writers won't give us that.