Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    If they were gonna attempt it, it'd have happened when she came back into comics during Children's Crusade. They had Scott turn that down, so likely never happening. It's been 10 years since that even happened. It's too long now.
    It's never to late. Besides, in comic time, it really hasn't been that long since Wanda used her powers to decimated the mutant race.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait. Does Wanda have any mutant friends.

I can't think of one mutant she interacted with since she joined the Avengers.

Is this some deep down self-loathing? That could be an interesting angle to see discussed.

God, yes, this is what I want to see. She was a mutant woman with severe mental issues and who distanced herself from one of her identities . She also commited a heinous crime against her own kind, while her father was the biggest champion for the mutant cause. How is that not a story that writes itself? You've got drama, character introspection , and the metaphor for members of a minority who hate being a part of it. Instead, in Uncanny Avengers, Remender had her act so cold and unapologetic towards mutantkind... talk about a wasted opportunity .

Since this is comics , though, I believe these connections are gonna come back at some point . Maybe now that Disney has the rights to the X-Men, the retcon about them not being mags' kids could be retconned? What do you guys think of that?

Also @Ferro, do you think Tyrande is a fool for choosing the wrong Stormrage brother? Yes or Yes

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It's never to late. Besides, in comic time, it really hasn't been that long since Wanda used her powers to decimated the mutant race.
    Out of comics wise, I don't see too many people being interested in tackling a redemption story that's over a decade old. They have other stories they want to tell. Us Wanda fans waited for that for too long. Just not gonna expect it anymore. And now it's just been too late in the eyes of many fans. Probably was the moment it was done. So why worry about it?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fall-From-Grace View Post
    Since this is comics , though, I believe these connections are gonna come back at some point . Maybe now that Disney has the rights to the X-Men, the retcon about them not being mags' kids could be retconned? What do you guys think of that?
    One of the reasons given for the retcon was they wanted Mags to stay in WWII era and keep the twins young. So it might not get undone for that reason. I don't really think it needs to be done on Wanda's side of things. She never spent much time on that side. Their real parents were always the Maximoffs anyway.

I can’t help but feel that that retcon really showed a total lack of foresight on Marvel’s part and denied us what could have been an interesting story by the time this status quo came around.

Becoming a "roommate" of Sabretooth!?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I can’t help but feel that that retcon really showed a total lack of foresight on Marvel’s part and denied us what could have been an interesting story by the time this status quo came around.
    It really did always feel like Marvel just did it to distance the twins from Magneto for copyright reasons and only copyright reasons.

That being said, Hickman is certainly doing something here with Wanda. I mean, what would poir Wanda do when confronted by tons of people who were so effected by her one big mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That being said, Hickman is certainly doing something here with Wanda. I mean, what would poir Wanda do when confronted by tons of people who were so effected by her one big mistake?
    That already happened in Children's Crusade and AvX.

Probably nothing most of the Mutants that would have beef with her causing M-Day don't know she was the one responsible for it. It isn't like it is public knowledge.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 02-27-2020 at 11:44 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wanda got screwed on the mutant aspect since she's in Avengers business, which is a whole other world with its own problems. There's numerous avenues to explore with her opinion on mutants, pre and post-M Day, except the writers never like or get a chance to explore it properly so she comes off like she's apathetic to the cause.

Edit: It's not solely confined to Wanda, whenever Beast appears he's only concerned about what's going on with the Avengers. He's never asking her anything about mutant rights while he's there, either.

Avengers comics shouldn’t largely be concerned with “mutant issues”, though. It’s appropriate for them to touch upon things from time to time (and they have), but the narrative of mutants and their plight doesn’t belong there.

That’s kind of what the X-Men line of comics is for.

It’s also why Guardians of the Galaxy being Earthbound is always silly. Or Daredevil...”in spaaaaaaace!”
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 02-28-2020 at 12:52 AM.

For the people who are comparing the fact that their are mutant villians who are on the island so they would let Wanda in as well I think you are missing the point.

It's clear that Krakoa society views having your powers taken away as a fate worse than death. So even though there are villians that have killed other mutants that's just survival of the fittest at work, but what Wanda did was take away what it meant to be a mutant in the first place. Her crime is much much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    For the people who are comparing the fact that their are mutant villians who are on the island so they would let Wanda in as well I think you are missing the point.

It's clear that Krakoa society views having your powers taken away as a fate worse than death. So even though there are villians that have killed other mutants that's just survival of the fittest at work, but what Wanda did was take away what it meant to be a mutant in the first place. Her crime is much much higher.
    Well + the fact the villian's we've seen seem to mostly believe in Krakoa or otherwise content. Plus she's not featured in Any of Moira's lives. Mutant or not you'd think she'd lift a finger to help out those she once considered as ' her People'
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well + the fact the villian's we've seen seem to mostly believe in Krakoa or otherwise content. Plus she's not featured in Any of Moira's lives. Mutant or not you'd think she'd lift a finger to help out those she once considered as ' her People'
    in her solo she literaly says to agatha she wished she had tolde. her that mags was not her father so she wouldnt have to worry about mutants, she literaly does not give a ****

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    in her solo she literaly says to agatha she wished she had tolde. her that mags was not her father so she wouldnt have to worry about mutants, she literaly does not give a ****
    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

That's the truth Wanda doesn't care about mutants at all.