Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Default What are the best 'used' book deals you've scored?

This isn't the cheapest hobby, so I'm always on the lookout for sweet deals from fellow collectors or people just unloading books they don't want anymore. Saving money always feels good .....what are some of the best deals you've scored?

Some of my best hardcover buys (all mine are in Canadian Dollars....so even cheaper for my US brethren) :

1. Big Damn Sin City - $50 (before the reprint when everybody wanted $200+ for it)
    2. Sandman Omnibus Vol.1 - $50 (not sure the guy liked it much so sold it off cheap)
    3. Parker: The Martini Edition - $40 (ended up gifting this to a friend for Christmas and having to buy my own copy for $100 lol)
    4. Sin City Library Edition Boxed Set Vol.1 - $60 (The double dipping begins.....can't pass up a good deal lol)
    5. Wolverine: The Adamantium Collection - $75 (a guy just liquidating his collection....but this is one of those 'is this a deal if I never would have bought this otherwise' purchases lol)
    6. Daredevil Frank Miller Omnibus - $50 (same guy as above)
    7. Chew Omnivore Edition Vol. 1 to 6 - $120 (fellow hardcover collector just making room in his collection)
    8. Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 & 2 - $10....total. (the 'problem' here, now I need to find deals on the remaining 10 volumes )
    9. DMZ Deluxe Edition Vol. 1 to 5 - $150 (Another collector making room. The real value here is buying them all at once and not having to track down deals for each volume)

Lemme know some of you best finds.
    Last edited by FreakyFraser; 02-27-2020 at 02:10 PM.