Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Favorite Barry Allen, least favorite a toss-up between Ted Kord and Sue Dibny.

Retired

The problem I had with Barry Allen's death is that Barry had just gone through a long trial and been reunited with Iris (thus fixing her death, which I absolutely hated) and gone to the 30th century, to finally have some happiness. But did he get to enjoy it or even see his kids being born? No. He was taken from Iris and sent off to die. That was just cruel on the part of the writers. They could have taken Barry from any moment in time--but they couldn't even allow him a little happiness with his family. I wouldn't mind the death if it wasn't for that horrible timing. It was literally overkill.

Only because you got about 40 issues of awesome Flash stories after this happened.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    She didn't die in Final Crisis did she? I think you're mistaking it with Infinite Crisis.
    Ack! Fixed. Too hard to keep them all straight. Crises are the only thing at DC that proliferates more fecundly than Bat-lackies.

Favourite..Tommy Monaghan (Hitman)...in context of the series it was perfectly in character that he would die in a hail of bullets...and the plotting, characterisation, etc leading up to that inevitable death were superb.

Best: Forager - Starlin's Cosmic Odyssey

Worst: Holly Granger - Blackest Night (still hoping she'll be brought back soon)

Best: Ted Knight from Starman by James Robinson . This series made me care for and invest in the golden age Starman who is now a father. We’ve seen him and Jack grow closer throughout the series. Ted went out a hero saving Opal City and it was a rare moment where I actually felt emotional reading a comic, which is rare these days.

Worst: Bart Allen in his short lived Flash series. That whole series was a mess.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's hard to get worse than the death of Aquaman's infant son. That's the awful excesses of superhero comics all rolled into one, and a real crippling blow to the character and world of Aquaman. It's almost comical, in how it just demands to be taken seriously. Geoff Johns getting rid of that was saintly.

Jason Todd, while not nearly as detrimental, was something I do not care for either. When little kids start dying because of The Batman, it breaks the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Jason Todd, while not nearly as detrimental, was something I do not care for either. When little kids start dying because of The Batman, it breaks the concept.
    That's a concept that needs to be broken, imo. Maybe it could happen once, but for someone like Batman to place a series of teenage partners in mortal danger on a daily basis is bonkers. It's one of those things that will always lend fuel to the "Batman is nuts" theories. The only thing that's more preposterous in the DCU that everyone is okay with overlooking for tradition's sake is the whole "Clark Kent's glasses" thing.

But oh yeah -- Alfred's death was stupid. It wasn't even originally meant to be his death - editorial just decided to make it stick. (I have no doubt he'll be back, but it will be interesting how they do this resurrection)

My least favorite is easily Ted Kord.

Can't say i have a favorite one.

Favorite: Superman

Least Favorite: Jack Drake
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Favorite---Pantha, because it came out of nowhere and because I remember it the most
    Least Favorite---Jason Todd, Hey kids! Should we kill him?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's a concept that needs to be broken, imo. Maybe it could happen once, but for someone like Batman to place a series of teenage partners in mortal danger on a daily basis is bonkers. It's one of those things that will always lend fuel to the "Batman is nuts" theories. The only thing that's more preposterous in the DCU that everyone is okay with overlooking for tradition's sake is the whole "Clark Kent's glasses" thing.

But oh yeah -- Alfred's death was stupid. It wasn't even originally meant to be his death - editorial just decided to make it stick. (I have no doubt he'll be back, but it will be interesting how they do this resurrection)
    I mean the idea of Robin is only bonkers if you make it bonkers. Batman and Robin both have the most powerful weapon, plot armour. I do agree that an army of kids is ludicrous, though. I'd personally say Dick Grayson should be aged up and be more of a Watson figure to Bruce's Holmes- and remain Robin as his identity.

Alfred's death is also terrible, but honestly I forgot all about that already. Kinda blocked it out.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

To me there is a difference between a bad death and death I just didn't like. I didn't like Ted Kords death, but it did push the narrative forward and effected many heroes for years to come. Same with Barry Allen, Jason Todd, and even Arthur Curry JR. Those deaths mattered and the the deaths had real long term impact. It is the the throw away deaths that are quickly forgotten about that I consider bad and a waste. If your going to kill a character it better have some long term effects story wise even if it is only on one other character.