Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Movies they could MERGE?

What are some movies that are kinda similar to each other they could merge?

I saw Stir Crazy starring Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor as a kid in the drive in. In 1999 I saw LIFE starring Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence.

It'd be interesting if the Stir Crazy guys had stayed in prison for decades like the Life guys. They could grow older, fall out and back into friendship, Pryor could wind up like his Mudbone character and they could end up in a "future" 2020 prison for some Woody Allen Sleeper type humour.

The 80's cartoonist Tom Hachtman had some Mad magazine articles about this. They included Splashdance (Mermaid works as a nightclub dancer), Terminators of endearment (arnie tries to kill Shirley Maclaines pregnant daughter) and Rocky flew over the cuckoo's nest (Balboa pretends to be punch drunk and faces Nurse Ratchett)

What else could they merge?

"Push" and "Jumper".

Jumper was that movie about Hayden Christensen being a teleporter while Push was about Chris Evans as a telekinetic. In the accompanying comic Push established there were people with other powers including teleportation.....they could exist in the same world.

Mighty Member

(Snow white and the) Huntsman + Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters + (non-disney) little mermaid + RDJ as Gepetto and his Iron Man-type full-size wooden soldiers
    = Avengers style hero team!

Astonishing Member

"I Robot" and "The Matrix."

"I Robot" looks like it sets up the robot world for the far future.

GIJOE and Transformers should have been the same movie universe since the beginning.

So we wouldn't have to see those stupid human characters in TF and GIJOE wouldn't have to stand on its own.

Mighty Member

Pitch Black/Quiet place aliens maybe a giant QP alien in Cloverfield

Armageddon/Deep Impact; Bruce Willis and Co on their mission plus the fate of folks on earth.

Wolf Creek/Razorback : the giant boar's not the only thing outback tourists should watch out for...

"Brightburn" and "Midnight Special"

"Indiana Jones" and "The Rocketeer" (WWII era)

"The Shadow" and "The Phantom"

"The Mask" and "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "Indiana Jones" and "The Rocketeer" (WWII era)

"The Shadow" and "The Phantom"
    Shutup and take my money!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

Armageddon/Deep Impact; Bruce Willis and Co on their mission plus the fate of folks on earth.
    I always kind of thought Armageddon/The Rock/Bad Boys were part of the same universe. On top of being Michael Bay ,and Jerry Bruckhiemer flicks. There was some scene recycling between the trinity of flicks. Also the same actor played the President in both THE ROCK and ARMEGGEDON. Not to mention the night club, jiggle joint the guys hit in ARMEGGEDON was the same in BAD BOYS.

Incredible Member

'chronicle' and 'power rangers' - kids finding special rock and gained powers

Incredible Member

Guy Richie's King Arthur and Hellboy 2019.

seriously, these movies flow into each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    I always kind of thought Armageddon/The Rock/Bad Boys were part of the same universe. On top of being Michael Bay ,and Jerry Bruckhiemer flicks. There was some scene recycling between the trinity of flicks. Also the same actor played the President in both THE ROCK and ARMEGGEDON. Not to mention the night club, jiggle joint the guys hit in ARMEGGEDON was the same in BAD BOYS.
    Now I can't unseen the connections.

"Die hard" and "Unbreakable"

"Brick" and "Looper"

Extraordinary Member

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    ^^^nice. Well done!