Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Prodigy....

Leech - Can negate any power source

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Illyana Rasputina
    I feel like both Gateway and Manifold are better teleporters, and that's her only actual mutation. The Demon Lord stuff doesn't count.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Out of curiosity, given the new definition what would Monet's omega power be? Omega Level snark?
    Omega level perfection.

I'm surprised Hickman hasn't done much with her yet(almost at all, just the weak HoX showing). He said she was one of his favorites along with Roberto and Sam. Who were the others, Emma and Magneto? I would like to see her telepathy and intelligence back to her pre-M-Twins reveal levels. And speaking of which, the twins could use some shine too. And what was their connection to Gateway? Is it because that one can make portals with her chalk? So many corners to explore. She needs her own mini series, at least, with the whole St. Croix family explored and defined properly after all these years.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Rachel should be an omega purely for tk.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What are Apocalypse's original powers anyway? He's probably an Alpha like Charles plus he's cheating due to Celestial power up.
    Probably just the stretchy elastic body stuff that Evan uses, most of the time, which seems to be about as far as he's progressed so far into the 'complete control of every molecule of my body' that Apocalypse has developed. (And yeah, boosted with other stuff thanks to Celestial powerups. I would assume he's pretty much got some of the powers of an Eternal, at this point. Energy generation, immortality, although the immortality might be a result of his mutation, on a physical level, as his body reshapes itself according to his will and can erase injury, etc.)

BANNED

Mad Jim Jaspers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel like both Gateway and Manifold are better teleporters, and that's her only actual mutation. The Demon Lord stuff doesn't count.
    That's HILARIOUS I have forgotten about Gateway and Manifold. I think Manifold should be the Omega lvl mutant over Teleportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Hickman published a list of omega level mutants and there were some glaring omissions.

The most obvious one was Professor Charles Francis Xavier. Last time I checked he was the most powerful telepath on the planet. What happened to that?

I would also argue that Magma is an omega. I think you could also make a case for Eva Bell.

Is there anybody else who you think ought to be on the list? Anybody want to disagree with me?
    Xavier was the top telepath for many years, but both Jean and Quinton have surpassed him. When did it happen exactly? Well Jean was described as the most powerful telepath when Xavier was out of commission though when he was around she was routinely described as the second most powerful. In New X-men both Jean and Quire were said to be omega level mutants. Xavier wasn't described with that distinction.

Though in later years other writers did describe him as omega as well as Emma Frost and Rachel. One writer in an interview said Besty was omega level. But if we are going by the definition of who is at the top of the telepathy classification then perhaps at one time Xavier and Emma were omega level telepaths because both Jean and Xavier were dead and there was a time Quire was out of the picture.

In short though, when it comes to telepathy both Jean and Quire have an upper limit or off the charts power that the other telepaths can't reach.

Mostly I'm ok with the omega list. My complaint back when it was first revealed was there was only one person of color (Storm) and few women in general.

I do think it is a problem when we want to classify all mutants as omega that is what got us into a problem in the first place. It is perfectly fine not to be an omega. Alpha level mutants can still be extremely powerful (see Xavier or Emma Frost, or Jean's telekinesis since it is not omega level).

I think Hickman worries about power creep and he sort of nerfed all the omega mutants by his definition and by having only one of their powers be omega level.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Rictor, Rogue, Sunspot and Magik

Agreed with this . And Polaris/ Rachel too.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I don't think Apocalypse is on the list, why wasn't he considered Omega?
    Apocalypse has a limit to his powers and must transfer himself into a new host body as he doesnt have unlimited potential

Rogue is Omega, only that it is not yet confirmed for Noe.
    But it fits that description perfectly.

In addition she has more merit in power than any other xmen whether or not omegga level, and on that Hickman list I only see a couple that Rogue has not overcome.

Now many will say that the place of Rogue gave it to Hope, how much this is not true even if it seems the powers of the two are different and operate differently, the only thing they have in common is to duplicate powers, and in that aspect Rogue has looked better and millet less limited than Hope.

If there are several alter reality, and two telepats, i don't see why they can't do two or three compu power in that category.

But as I said Rogue not only assimilates other powers.
    She does many things more than that, how Dr. Pandemic said the duplication of powers is only a small part of what Rogue does and not precisely the most important.

Rogue can

a) Take powers, and she don't see a limited number of powers that you can take and there is evidence of that.
    Hope on the other hand if it is limited

b) Rogue takes vital energy.Nor is there a limit of vital energy which you can take, and of this there is also evidence

c) Take psyches and minds

d) Take physical skills and more .

how they see she is much more than just a thief of power ... and even in that aspect it has not been seen has a limit on powers that can take.

But there are two specific facts that make it an Omega and which cannot be refuted.

1) she took hundreds of powers from hundreds of characters, from all the heroes of the earth, to be able to stop the celestial, and among those powers that she take, she take that of most of the Omega from that list.
    and Avengers characters that many of them are more powerful than most omega.

And Rogue took all those powers and transformed them into strength.

Hundreds of characters and hundreds of powers.

b) The greatest achievement of its absorption according to the same Rogue, she absorbed the Hecatomb that was 8 billion entities souls and psyches. 8 billion
    so this of puré vital energy psyches and souls is not limited.

This is the greatest proof of all that she is Omega level.

Only that Hickman was lazy enough to do his homework well. LoAt least he didn't do it with Rogue.

She is Omega level, it is only time tales for confirmation.
    The truth is she is more powerful than most on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Probably just the stretchy elastic body stuff that Evan uses, most of the time, which seems to be about as far as he's progressed so far into the 'complete control of every molecule of my body' that Apocalypse has developed. (And yeah, boosted with other stuff thanks to Celestial powerups. I would assume he's pretty much got some of the powers of an Eternal, at this point. Energy generation, immortality, although the immortality might be a result of his mutation, on a physical level, as his body reshapes itself according to his will and can erase injury, etc.)

Well Apocalypse is difficult of killing but he is not immortal, this was recently seen in Excalibur where he had to be revived by the horrendous resurrection cult of Krakoa.

Qlthough good who killed him was Rogue who drained him completely, and well its absorption is extremely powerful.

But I think Apocalypse should be Omega.
    if he is not Omega for the improvements with celestial technology... so Exodus is not an Omega either.

I would have to go with Darwin, Synch and Sunfire.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How are they better?

Magik has combat teleportation feats-(tele dismembering, porting attacks right back at opponents, teleporting herself and teammates out of harms way, etc..) She has unlimited range- She's basically an omniversal level teleporter (Limbo has been described as a nexus to all creation and is connected to every reality, timeline, etc..

She's teleported outside reality and anywhere in time and space. She's even connected a stepping disk to from the x-men's attic to "heaven" IIRC

She can technically bring in dead people from the past or future x-men from the future to fight for her. She has time manipulation powers too. Doc Strange called them a mutant power.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...58.46%20pm.png

Porting part of the x-mansion outside reality

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...24.02%20am.png

Porting in x-men from the future

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...20-%20copy.jpg

Doc Strange says Yana has an extraordinary ability to manipulate the forces of time

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...48.26%20pm.png

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...48.11%20pm.png

Mass teleporting demons into different timelines

Seriously don't know why they need all these portals from plants. Don't even know why the x-men need any sort of transport(jet, space ship, boat, etc) with Magik around. They don't even need Moria since Magik can see into the future via Limbo scrying or time traveling.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...nj7o1_1280.jpg
    Last edited by chisob; 02-29-2020 at 02:33 AM.