Default Action Comics 1020 discussion/spoilers

I hope people are ok with this, there has been some talk in the Conner Kent thread but not much else so thought I’d bring it up.

Now, if I had to describe this issue there would be two ways of doing it. First is that it’s a fight issue, and by that I mean a lot of the issue itself pertains mainly to the Legion of Doom and Leviathan attacking Metropolis and Superman fighting back and rallying the troops(i.e calling the Justice League which includes Starman with an armored up Batman driving what looks to be a tank alongside a riot squad of police). Basically throughout most of the issue you can expect to see a lot of blasting and punching as Metropolis just becomes a war zone of heroes and villains. That’s not all it is but I’d say that takes up a good 70 to 80% of the issue.

However I’ll be honest that I’m more here for the second way I’d describe this issue. That would be the first time that outside of the Young Justice ongoing that they appear alongside the rest of the universe. Although Superman has them regulated to saving civilians. But while most of Young Justice are doing that, at long last Conner Kent finally gets to meet with Superman again...who unfortunately still doesn’t remember him. But that’s ok because the villains don‘t remember him either and because they don’t expect Conner he gets to pull off a pretty cool sneak attack on the Legion of Doom headquarters and knocks it into the ocean. It’s a pretty cool moment for Conner.

If I had any complaints, personally JRJR art can look a bit rough at points. I mean I saw a scene with Cheetah and she just looked like a bear with a big sword. It’s not terrible and it does look good in some scenes, but I can’t deny that I’d like to have seen someone else with some smoother looking art.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-28-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

It displayed one thing which I dont like about the actual timeline:

TT,YJ and Conner,Bart are completely forgotten...
    This is especially a big problem for Conner who has to practically restart his whole career...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    It displayed one thing which I dont like about the actual timeline:

TT,YJ and Conner,Bart are completely forgotten...
    This is especially a big problem for Conner who has to practically restart his whole career...
    Honestly though I figure it is more like Wally West, his events and stories did happen just no one outside of the Young Justice team remembers him but that series showed he did exist before Gemworld. Essentially I think he could be reestablished, its just for now as this issue said handle Legion of Doom first then talk between Clark and Conner.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly though I figure it is more like Wally West, his events and stories did happen just no one outside of the Young Justice team remembers him but that series showed he did exist before Gemworld. Essentially I think he could be reestablished, its just for now as this issue said handle Legion of Doom first then talk between Clark and Conner.
    Yes, I know that it could be just like Wally West...

But that is the Problem!!

If its not official back in timeline it doesnt matter if Superman and others remember it.
    It has to come back official back in timeline, with the consequences (Conner Statue back in Metropolis etc.) otherwise its useless.

Wally Wests talking with Linda Park was a perfect example as she asked him if he is "The Flash" and he answered and said that he is "A Flash".

And in Conners Case it would be even worse, because Superboy would be a new character in the Rebirth Timeline and while you could confuse Barry with Wally (when both wear the traditional costume with closed mask) and so people dont know who was the Flash during the last years, you cant confuse Jon with Conner.

Bought it. Read it.

1/10.

Seriously, I may have to finally drop this title.

Month after month of abysmal art by JRjr and the clusterfrick of Leviathan and Year of the Villain storylines by Bendis (neither of which interest me in the least), I feel like I'm just wasting a fiver on something that routinely disappoints me.

I'll keep Superman, but AC is looking like a goner.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Can this book please, PLEASE go back to what it once was? The first ten or so issues were so strong. Such a shame.

Censorship Sucks

Can someone please get Dan Jurgens on the phone?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Can this book please, PLEASE go back to what it once was? The first ten or so issues were so strong. Such a shame.
    It seems like the Superman books need to have one great book and another that's not nearly as good. At first , Action was amazing, while Superman was stuck spinning its wheels with Rogal Zhar and Mr. Oz. Now, that magic joojoo has swapped to Superman while Action seems to be going through the motions of crossover obligations.