Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think it's the colours more than anything that throw me off. I don't this outfit would look nearly as bad in black.

White is such an odd colour for a demon.

Or rather, you can have white but it needs to be quite potent to create strong aesthetic contrast. This is too much flesh.
    I mean... the white skin-tight thigh-high boots are really begging for a miniskirt, aren't they?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I mean... the white skin-tight thigh-high boots are really begging for a miniskirt, aren't they?
    But in white though, is the issue. Like, look at Him from PPG. He's in essentially the same outfit but the colours, body type and art style work.

Is this thread going to end with me trying to come up with a redesign for Trigon at least somewhat based on this outfit?

Maybe.

But in white though, is the issue. Like, look at Him from PPG. He's in essentially the same outfit but the colours, body type and art style work.

Is this thread going to end with me trying to come up with a redesign for Trigon at least somewhat based on this outfit?

Maybe.
    I agree that the white is a mistake. Reminds me of a girl I dated in my early twenties - she was beautiful and knew it... and liked to show it off with... thigh high boots and miniskirts. And even SHE didn't go for white ones.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Clearly the white is working as intended.

It has made you uncomfortable, and apalled. The goal of most demons, tertiary to their quest to damn mortals, and destroy the earth or whatever.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I agree that the white is a mistake. Reminds me of a girl I dated in my early twenties - she was beautiful and knew it... and liked to show it off with... thigh high boots and miniskirts. And even SHE didn't go for white ones.
    I’ve just realised where I know the look from.

Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, specifically prior to her Richard Gere-funded Rodeo Drive shopping mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’ve just realised where I know the look from.

Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, specifically prior to her Richard Gere-funded Rodeo Drive shopping mission.
    Sounds about right. Trigon is just looking for some rich white dude.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Maybe.
    Okay so...

The rules going into this meant I had to try and preserve as many old design elements as possible. This meant the thigh highs, the head fan, the bracers and the belt skull all had to go in.

I went with the feather coat to evoke birds and give him a thematic parallel with Raven, I also reshaped his horns to better frame his six eyes and make his face shape a bit less human. I think the balance of colours works well here. He's showing skin, which is a Trigon staple, but it's a bit more controlled and his overall silhouette looks bigger and more imposing. I figure it could be a bit more amorphous in the coat with his magic.

Final, little bit of self-imposed lore, I like to think the coat is made from the feathers from the wings of angels he has murdered.

This was a fun exercise in design! He's ended up with a much greater helping of Wrestler Energy than I intended but that coat is very Macho Man.

Brilliant! Angel Feathers is a sweet idea. He still has flare but it fits the theme a bit better. And hey, he isn't slouching! :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Easy; Nightwing's costume.

He got a booty, gawdayum.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I shall forever be disappointed that a live action Teen Titans movie with Trigon as the villain was never made while David Bowie was still alive.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He got a booty, gawdayum.
    Nightwing has the best ass in comics.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I want to make a reference to the Super Robo Suit from the various Nippon Ichi games, but they weren't even the best gear in their own universes, much less comparable to a GL ring.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!