Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default New Silk ongoing announcement.

Details:

https://www.newsarama.com/49237-silk...c2e2-2020.html

July 2020 written by Maurene Goo with art from Takeshi Miyazawa.

Thumbs up

Meh, unless they have a new take on the character in mind I give it a year, tops. Nothing is interesting about Silk as a character, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Meh, unless they have a new take on the character in mind I give it a year, tops. Nothing is interesting about Silk as a character, IMO.
    Honestly? I'm exactly the same. Never liked the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Honestly? I'm exactly the same. Never liked the character.
    I hate to say it, her only mildly intriguing trait was her uber-creepy semi-sexual connection to Peter which thankfully is being ignored.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

I hate to say it but her only mildly intriguing trait was her uber-creepy semi-sexual connection to Peter which thankfully is being ignored.
    How Dan Slott wrote Silk is a big reason why I don't like the character. Solo series didn't do anything for me either. To be frank, I think the character sucks. Fair play to those who do like her.

I like post-Slott Silk. It's cool they seem to have an all-Asian creative team on-board for this title (and I love Takeshi Miyazawa). I'm happy she has a series again and is working for Jameson once more .

It looks like Cindy's growing her hair back out. I was starting to think they might keep the shorter hair permanently as her look.

It's going to be interesting seeing someone other then Robbie Thompson build off of Cindy and her life now. I'm curious how much from the previous runs will carry over to this book (like her family, her ghost boyfriend, her married co-workers, Felicia).

It's a minor thing, but I like how one of the thieves Silk is busting is a woman. Most would just default to all male crooks. I wonder if she'll be a significant character? She doesn't seem too upset by a Superhero turning up.

With Miyazawa taking over this book, I'm curious who the new artist for Ghost Spider will be.

Curious what the deal with the cat is.

Miyazawa and Jonah oof that's sexy.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like Cindy's growing her hair back out. I was starting to think they might keep the shorter hair permanently as her look.

With Miyazawa taking over this book, I'm curious who the new artist for Ghost Spider will be.
    Ig Guara already took over on Gwen's book.

Cindy's longer hair doesn't surprise me. Miyazawa doesn't seem to like drawing bobs, he gave Gwen longer hair too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

best of luck with the project. spider-diversity is important.
    Give her a city besides NYC to protect. Give her an interesting supporting cast. Write the first arc as if it might be the last arc. which nowadays, it might be.

BANNED

No personal interest for this on my part but I hope her fans enjoy it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ghost Spider, Spider-Woman and Silk?

Could've had a extra-sized Spider-Women book and rotate the MC.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Im very curious with her interaction with Jonah especially since they both know Peter's double life and also i would love to see her with the now redeemed Felicia

I hate to say it, her only mildly intriguing trait was her uber-creepy semi-sexual connection to Peter which thankfully is being ignored.
    kinda wish they went further with that honestly
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Kind of surprised it's happening now. She kind of faded into limbo, only being used rarely in ensembles. Maybe they're trying to build her up for her appearances in other media later?

Also, anyone else kind of surprised Robbie Thompson isn't writing? After all, he's the one who helped Silk find her own identity and made the character more likable. I guess it's like the other writers moving to different projects.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Im very curious with her interaction with Jonah especially since they both know Peter's double life and also i would love to see her with the now redeemed Felicia
    Yeah, both of those would be interesting to see now that Silk is getting her own comic again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.