Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default What exactly is Kindred and his abilities?

Can anyone explain this character. I just find him such an oddity in the Spider-verse. He has Demonic power and just pulls powers OOHA. Not sure where Harry was when Norman was the Red Goblin and kidnapped his kid and transformed him into mini goblin. Why he was so gunho about getting his kid back, but didn't tap into this demonic ability to do it himself. Or perhaps it was the Red Goblin that inspired him to take this new form? Never to be weak on the sidelines again.....

I dunno. I just think this character is a bit "to much" for Peter. The ability to turn your friends into demonic versions of themselves alone is ALOT. Then he empowers the Sin eater who takes any character in the universe, makes them docile, then takes the powers for himself. (Multiple at a time i might add) And hes powered by Kindred!! Jeez. Does anyone here knows his abilities so I can figure out how Peter will actually be able to handle this guy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Can anyone explain this character. I just find him such an oddity in the Spider-verse. He has Demonic power and just pulls powers OOHA. Not sure where Harry was when Norman was the Red Goblin and kidnapped his kid and transformed him into mini goblin. Why he was so gunho about getting his kid back, but didn't tap into this demonic ability to do it himself. Or perhaps it was the Red Goblin that inspired him to take this new form? Never to be weak on the sidelines again.....

I dunno. I just think this character is a bit "to much" for Peter. The ability to turn your friends into demonic versions of themselves alone is ALOT. Then he empowers the Sin eater who takes any character in the universe, makes them docile, then takes the powers for himself. (Multiple at a time i might add) And hes powered by Kindred!! Jeez. Does anyone here knows his abilities so I can figure out how Peter will actually be able to handle this guy?
    Hopefully, we will finally get some answers tomorrow with the ASM #54 issue. And I also hope Harry will take the beating of his miserable life!!!

Incredible Member

I hope so, but I'm not sure in comic logic how without some artifact or something to help him. I mean it seems far fetched to be Harry and no one has checked on the guy who is always with his kids.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I hope so, but I'm not sure in comic logic how without some artifact or something to help him. I mean it seems far fetched to be Harry and no one has checked on the guy who is always with his kids.
    Like I said, we MIGHT have some answers tomorrow. Just hope it will be a good explanation.

gotta wait hopefully next issue explains the abilites
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Bad news, some spoilers have been leaked and still no explaining of what this mess is about.

Instead, Peter is tortured passing through something Ben Really passed time ago (**Cough**Several Deaths-Resurrections**Cough**). And the last panel wants me to tear apart both Osborn and reduce them to dust.

No explanation this issue but it's clearly supernatural based
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

I'm way past over this whole Kindred thing. I don't mind Spider-Man dealing with supernatural stuff in passing or tangentially like in Amazing #274 and I take his dealings with cosmic level threats with a grain of salt because it usually happens outside his book but I am not a fan of a character that's supposed to be relatable dealing with demons from hell.

Also, something that's been bothering me: Harry went to hell? For what? He was an addict that killed himself taking crazy chemicals that mad him strong but in the end he saved his friend. I don't recall him killing anybody or doing anything truly irredeemable and evil

"It's magic, we don't need to explain it."

He can shout "Confess!" like a million times, and he never gets tired! And summon serial killers, and he has bugs under bandages or something.

Man... Kindred became somewhat unappealing to me... And I loved this character back when Ottley Was still on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    He can shout "Confess!" like a million times, and he never gets tired! And summon serial killers, and he has bugs under bandages or something.

Man... Kindred became somewhat unappealing to me... And I loved this character back when Ottley Was still on the book.
    The only thing Kindred ever had going on for him were his design, and who he is; his power set was never really interesting, since it's just random magic without much thought put into it (Most absurd thing he did before Sin Eater was somehow managing to summon a Tri-Sentinel army, like come on, that's too much lol).

So yeah, I still think his design is awesome (Even if his face being revealed to be just a mask with a normal looking Harry within kinda ruined it), but it's attached to a meh character who progressively becomes less once he actually gets screen time... Yeah, sucks lol.

He has tendrils?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    "It's magic, we don't need to explain it."
    A 5 year old:"He got all the powers"

I'm joking, but considering how inconsistent power levels are in comics, i can't help but think of every new villain.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Should have just revealed Kindred was Judas Traveller, he had "all the powers" when introduced as well.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He has tendrils?
    Centipede Tendrils™ man .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    A 5 year old:"He got all the powers"
    Not that far fetched from the **** he has to be fair, he can do a lot of bullshit with his magic, and completely outclasses Spidey in combat... Looks like Spidey is gonna need an asspull to win.

It's annoying that there's mostly no hints at what his limits are, since he's gonna show some new power to do whatever the plot requires... About the only thing we can tell he strictly can't do normally is mind control, since he uses a lot of intimidation to make people work for him, he even had to convince Sin Eater to leave hell back in Sins Rising Prelude, and while Kindred did possess the Spider-Family, he needed the sins from villains to do that... Although why the **** the sins do that and don't power them up as well like it did with Sin Eater is anyone's guess...

I'm joking, but considering how inconsistent power levels are in comics, i can't help but think of every new villain.
    Well, combat-wise his power level is consistent, which isn't saying much considering he only fought twice and all we got is "He's stronger than Spidey", although there is the inconsistency of the sins stolen from villains being able to mind control Spider-People for some reason, but not actually give them the powers the villains had, and that one could have a half assed explanation at least, like saying the sins can either control or give power, which would explain why he even had Sin Eater working for him.

But yeah, it sucks writers can be so damn lazy when it comes to power levels, and while power levels shouldn't be too dominant, some characters looking significantly stronger than others, and this difference being consistent is fine, since it's one of the things that can make the characters stand out (And give actual meaning if they beat someone stronger), so Spidey shouldn't do stuff like beating Firelord rather easily once he actually starts to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Should have just revealed Kindred was Judas Traveller, he had "all the powers" when introduced as well.
    Wasn't Scrier like that too before he was changed to be a group of dudes? At least I remember him doing, something, to Spidercide that made him immune to Jackal's clone degeneration, all by just touching his head with a finger lol.