Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 119
  1. #91
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    488

    Default

    yeah I started to like Silk once she branched out of Amazing Spider-man and other writers were doing their take especially Robbie Thompson, he gave her more of a personality, character growth, supporting cast and well he did a much better job with the character. like i said before in this series I would like to see her interaction with a reformed Felicia considering how things ended for them in her last ongoing. Jonah too since he knows Peter secret.

  2. #92
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    yeah I started to like Silk once she branched out of Amazing Spider-man and other writers were doing their take especially Robbie Thompson, he gave her more of a personality, character growth, supporting cast and well he did a much better job with the character. like i said before in this series I would like to see her interaction with a reformed Felicia considering how things ended for them in her last ongoing. Jonah too since he knows Peter secret.
    Silk might have her opportunity to interact with Felicia. One the other hand, I would like to see Jessica Drew confront Felicia Hardy as the latter was to have been a part of Spider-Woman's world.

  3. #93
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    yeah I started to like Silk once she branched out of Amazing Spider-man and other writers were doing their take especially Robbie Thompson, he gave her more of a personality, character growth, supporting cast and well he did a much better job with the character. like i said before in this series I would like to see her interaction with a reformed Felicia considering how things ended for them in her last ongoing. Jonah too since he knows Peter secret.
    Pretty much this, and given Felicia also knows Peter is Spider-Man again, that would make for some interesting interactions. I'd mention, though, in light of Jonah knowing Peter is Spider-Man, if he finds out Cindy is Silk . . . yeah, that would definitely be great to see all three of them interact with that knowledge in mind.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  4. #94
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,285

    Default

    Lot of interesting things for the writer to potentially play with...

  5. #95
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much this, and given Felicia also knows Peter is Spider-Man again, that would make for some interesting interactions. I'd mention, though, in light of Jonah knowing Peter is Spider-Man, if he finds out Cindy is Silk . . . yeah, that would definitely be great to see all three of them interact with that knowledge in mind.
    You'd think Jonah would put two and two together. He first met Cindy shortly after she became Silk. And later she turned up for work with a new short haircut... and that was because it had been cut during a battle as Silk - something Jonah should've noticed the next time Silk made the news. It's too much of a coincidence that they cut their hair at the same time, right? And then there's Cindy's struggles with technology, that earned her the nickname Analog. Makes sense considering Cindy had been locked up for a decade. If Jonah doesn't know at least that, what cover story did she give him? He should be able to see the holes in a fake backstory. And then there's the stuff that happened in Clone Conspiracy, when Silk encountered the resurrected Mattie Franklin, Jonah's adopted daughter. Wasn't Cindy out of town for part of that story, which is why she created the Silkworm identity? Problem is, when Cindy was away, Silk was nowhere to be found either... Jonah's a journalist, he should have an eye for these details.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #96
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You'd think Jonah would put two and two together. He first met Cindy shortly after she became Silk. And later she turned up for work with a new short haircut... and that was because it had been cut during a battle as Silk - something Jonah should've noticed the next time Silk made the news. It's too much of a coincidence that they cut their hair at the same time, right? And then there's Cindy's struggles with technology, that earned her the nickname Analog. Makes sense considering Cindy had been locked up for a decade. If Jonah doesn't know at least that, what cover story did she give him? He should be able to see the holes in a fake backstory. And then there's the stuff that happened in Clone Conspiracy, when Silk encountered the resurrected Mattie Franklin, Jonah's adopted daughter. Wasn't Cindy out of town for part of that story, which is why she created the Silkworm identity? Problem is, when Cindy was away, Silk was nowhere to be found either... Jonah's a journalist, he should have an eye for these details.
    One would like to think so, but Jonah has always been prone to having some big blindspots. When it comes to superhumans (spider-related ones in particular) his capacity for logic seems to go entirely out the window sometimes.

  7. #97
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    One would like to think so, but Jonah has always been prone to having some big blindspots. When it comes to superhumans (spider-related ones in particular) his capacity for logic seems to go entirely out the window sometimes.
    Yeah, that's true.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #98
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    Anyone know if this series is still happening? It wasn't on Marvel's list for July, and I bet it won't be on August either.
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  9. #99
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,776

    Default

    I agree, it won't be in the August solicits - those books will be mostly ones originally meant for May and June (there's a couple of new minis that were announced, and possibly some April leftovers).

    But that doesn't mean it's not still happening. I'd expect it in September now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  10. #100
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,144

    Default

    I agree with Digifiend. I'd expect it in September.

    I thought Jonah found out Cindy was Silk in Clone Conspiracy or shortly after?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter and subscribe to Spider-Woman by Karla Pacheco and Strikeforce by Tini Howard!

  11. #101
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I agree with Digifiend. I'd expect it in September.

    I thought Jonah found out Cindy was Silk in Clone Conspiracy or shortly after?
    As far as I recall, he didn't, as he was too busy with his "reanimated" wife and niece/adoptive daughter dying again and then being let go by The Fact Channel due to his support for New U nearly resulting in the end of the human race. Cindy burying Mattie's remains in the aftermath of The Clone Conspiracy was definitely a poignant moment, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #102
    Astonishing Member Seren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Not in PA anymore.
    Posts
    4,144

    Default

    Ok. I'm misremembering then.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter and subscribe to Spider-Woman by Karla Pacheco and Strikeforce by Tini Howard!

  13. #103
    All-New Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I feel a bit bored so I thought about posting a Silk image just to cheer up the moods.
    silk-est2014.jpg

  14. #104
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    I feel a bit bored so I thought about posting a Silk image just to cheer up the moods.
    silk-est2014.jpg
    Thanks for sharing. Beautiful piece of work there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  15. #105
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    I feel a bit bored so I thought about posting a Silk image just to cheer up the moods.
    silk-est2014.jpg
    That's really cool .

    Even has longer hair to reflect the upcoming ongoing .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •