Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are there reliable stats for Silk's powers at this point?
    Marvel Database Wiki, probably.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

are there reliable stats for Silk's powers at this point?
    From what I can gather she’s weaker than Spider-Man but also faster, has organic webbing and her silk-sense is so super charged that she’s forced to ignore it a lot due to constant false alarms - most noticeably when Killer Shrike is preparing for his unexpected but totally inevitable betrayal and her silk-sense pings to warn her. However she just ignores it and says she’s getting a blaring feeling that she assumes is coming from the Goblin nation soldiers they’re spying on due to being so used to suppressing it.

Likewise she mentions in issue 1 that she was once woken up in the middle of the night by her silk-sense and forced to swing blocks away only to find a college girl ditched by her friends. A dick move, but she wasn’t in any danger from what Silk gathered.

Like early Peter she also has some issues controlling her strength at times. When she uppercuts a power armored baddie she accidentally propels him to a dumpster clear across the area and she hilariously starts praying that he’s not dead when she goes to check on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Didn’t realize that Star Wars and Conan counted towards the current Marvel books I always thought those books were counted separate
    The question was "how many ongoings Marvel currently has?", not "how many ongoings Marvel currently has that are set in the Marvel Universe?" - and even it was, Conan would still count, as he actually is on Earth-616 (when he came to the present day in Avengers No Road Home, which led into Savage Avengers, that was just time travel). Star Wars wouldn't though.

If I was to list the DC stuff, it would include things like Scooby Doo.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-10-2020 at 08:37 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    From what I can gather she’s weaker than Spider-Man but also faster, has organic webbing and her silk-sense is so super charged that she’s forced to ignore it a lot due to constant false alarms - most noticeably when Killer Shrike is preparing for his unexpected but totally inevitable betrayal and her silk-sense pings to warn her. However she just ignores it and says she’s getting a blaring feeling that she assumes is coming from the Goblin nation soldiers they’re spying on due to being so used to suppressing it.

Likewise she mentions in issue 1 that she was once woken up in the middle of the night by her silk-sense and forced to swing blocks away only to find a college girl ditched by her friends. A dick move, but she wasn’t in any danger from what Silk gathered.

Like early Peter she also has some issues controlling her strength at times. When she uppercuts a power armored baddie she accidentally propels him to a dumpster clear across the area and she hilariously starts praying that he’s not dead when she goes to check on him.
    She also has talons/claws, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She also has talons/claws, I believe.
    As a byproduct of her ability to spin organic webbing through her fingers; she can just harden the webbing into talons on her fingertips, somewhat similar to Spider-Man 2099.

Niffleheim

Analog and JJJ are back in business ( too bad it's with a writer that has never written comicbooks - i don't like being experimented on) Maybe she will surprise me.

I kinda wish they expand Silks abilities.
    Specially with her ability in making intricate web constructs.
    Knowing that she creates her suit out of her webs, changing its color and hardness. They should expand on that.

Quote Originally Posted by destinyascension View Post
    I kinda wish they expand Silks abilities.
    Specially with her ability in making intricate web constructs.
    Knowing that she creates her suit out of her webs, changing its color and hardness. They should expand on that.
    Indeed, especially since spider silk can be even stronger and more durable than steel, which is why it's become so popular to use in bulletproof (or bullet-resistant) material. She should be able to make some kind of web-armor.

Both of her solo runs have sucked for the most part. I like the original idea for the character but they instantly turned her into a cookie cutter character with art and writing for 13 yr old girls. But terrible art has become the norm for most Marvel books sadly.

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

I'm hyped for a new Silk series, but now the coronavirus is occurring at this moment. Silk will have to wait till September or October once the virus is dying off.

best of luck with the project. spider-diversity is important.
    They should have given a comic to the Emissary From Hell: Supaidaman!

Toei would possibly foam at the mouth if they tried to trademark and print an independent EFH comic. Would be dope, though.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No they wouldn't. Toei Spidey has already appeared in the comics (Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon) and is planned to appear in the second Spider-Verse movie. Clearly they've done a deal with Marvel about him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    They should have given a comic to the Emissary From Hell: Supaidaman!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Toei would possibly foam at the mouth if they tried to trademark and print an independent EFH comic. Would be dope, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No they wouldn't. Toei Spidey has already appeared in the comics (Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon) and is planned to appear in the second Spider-Verse movie. Clearly they've done a deal with Marvel about him.
    The more recent Spider-Verse miniseries that focused on Miles jumping universes to ultimately save Annie Parker, the Patternmaker of the new/restored Web of Life and Destiny also had Takuya Yamashiro appear in the first and last issues. That said, I'd personally be more hyped for a Kamen Rider THE FIRST/THE NEXT-style relaunch/reboot of Toei Spider-Man, or maybe even an anime like SSSS.Gridman.

Isn't Silk going to be in the next Spiderverse film? If she is, this comic will probably be because of it.